Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirley
    replied
    Re: Devastated...DH just called and told me he is being outprocessed..layoff

So sorry about your husbands job loss. I am thinking of you.

Leave a comment:

• mamaquilt
    replied

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's loss of job. But as said before, chin up and through. There are always better days ahead. Maybe being a quilter, you could even open your own shop, depending the area you live in and turn your hobby into your job. Wouldn't that be great.
    Keep my fingers crossed and prayers from Luxembourg

Leave a comment:

• suzieq57
    replied

Reevasted, I am sorry. I know it may not help right now when we tell you it has happened to us all (my husband every winter it seems) but I truly believe that it will make us all stronger. Here in Canada the economy is picking up and my husband got back to work a couple of weeks ago. We try to prepare now with a little fund. This time it was a good thing because he ended up with a better job. Well maybe now you may be able to move to where you both want to live instead of where his job sent him. I wish you all the best and if there is anything I can go I will. Here is a hug for now. xoxox

Leave a comment:

• RFREE
    replied

I am so sorry this has happened to you Michele. I am a firm believer in "Everything happens for a reason." As Rebecca said When one door closes another door opens. We are all here for you.It will all turn out for the better. Keep your chin up. Thinking of you. Hugs Rhonda

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

I'm so sorry this has happened to you, Michele. All of us are thinking about you and wishing you the best. As the other gals have mentioned, "When one door closes, another one opens." Keep us abreast of your situation.

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

Hang in there Michelle...put all your worries and cares into God's hands.

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

thank you all. tonight my girls took me out for a margarita while Pete filled out online applications/resumes for some local companies.

We will see what happens...

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

I will just say ditto to all the sentiments above me - and they are absolutely right - things happen for a reason and turn out for the better. As said before, take a deep, deep breath, clear your mind and make a list of what you have to do right now. Cross them off the list so that you can see your progress. You and your DH are a team and together you will get past this and on to better things.

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Michele, I'm so very sorry. Brighter days are ahead. We're here for you.

Leave a comment:

• middlesis1966
    replied

Oh Michele Im so sorry to hear this. I know how it is. Health insurance is sometimes worth more the a pay raise.
    You and your family are in my prayers

Leave a comment:

• MaryB
    replied

My thoughts and prayers are with you both too, shell. A truly horrible shock.
    Hugs, Mary B.

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Being in the middle of pretty much the same thing I can truly identify. It's scary for sure, but take a deep breath and give yourself a chance to get over the initial shock. I am sure you and your husband will be able to have a serious chat about yOur next steps. My thoughts are with you!
    Last edited by patticakes; April 7, 2011, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• inspired
    replied

Hugs to you from Canada!!!! My hubby worked for a company for 25 years without ever missing a day. They went bankrupt so he got another job and that company also went bankrupt a few years later. Like the girls said. Another window will open! It was hard at the time but it all worked out. He found another job and worked there till he retired. Stay strong!!! Val

Leave a comment:

• llm161
    replied

My heart is with you and your family. In this downward economy it is something that we all live with. We hope and pray that it happens to "the other guy" but sometimes, it hits us hard. I have a friend that keeps telling me that God only gives us as much as we can handle and when things get tough, I try as hard as I can to remember that. We can handle it. We can do this.

Take care and talk about everything together. That's about the best advise I can give you. We have another three months before we find out if my DH still has a job. If they close the plant, it depends how many people are kept. Seniority means everything.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Michele,
    As with many others here, been there. I am so sorry this has happened. What a terrible and scarey time for both of you. Let me add that your hubs will need your support more than ever. He will feel like a failure and not a good provider. I don't want to sound as if I am trying to trivialize this, but this is where the rubber meets the road - you know as in for richer or poorer, for better and for worse? Stand together with a firm grip on each other. I will pray for you both.
    Blondie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X