Good morning everyone in quiltland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good morning everyone in quiltland

Hi all! Its so nice out. Im gonna go sit on the porch and people watch. Im so glad that sring is starting to come. I am so ready for the heat. Im not a cold weather chic. The hotter the better I say. Im still using a comforter until it hits the 90s. Drives the hubs crazy.
    Im sorry but I dont mean to complain, but Im goiing crazy right now. I was hit with chemopause and the hotflashes are nasty. Does anyone have an all natural fix they use. I cant have any horomones so I need to do this very carefully. Any help would be great, thanks!
    Well Im off to enjoy the fun n sun all! Take care!!!!
    Have a blessed day in HIS name!
    PAULA

Comment

All the treasures you gals are finding in boxes and sewing tins sounds wonderful! I sure enjoyed reading all about them.
      I have some embroidery and tatting pieces from my Mom and Grandma that I enjoy looking at each time I pull them out.

Didn't get to see Katie play tonight. It rained earlier and they rescheduled the game. Then the sun came out but it was too late to get the away team to get to town. Looking forward to the next time I can go.

Told DH I wasn't going to wait until we had the resources to make a new sewing room. He said 'oh honey, it won't take forever' until I reminded him that we have 2 tax bills due this year and the homeowners insurance is coming up. So, now he's agreeing with me. We did cancel our long distance service on the home phone - who needs a double whammy when we use our cell phones all the time anyways and then we changed our cable and downgraded to a basic set of channels. Don't hardly watch tv much anyways so we figure every little bit counts. Also gearing up for a yard sale to clear out some basement stuff. Just staying busy so I don't go crazy. You'd think I'd be busy quilting - got that going too. Plugging away on more of those 10 minute blocks. They are turning out pretty. I ordered 3 more of the charm packs from MSQC and should be here anyday now. Just love getting a package in the mail. I don't do it very often.

Well, hope you all have a great evening. I'm off to throw a load in the washer and get to the sewing machine.
      Hugs,
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hi gals
        Long day in the big city. You know how Dr visits go. All the hurry up to get there and then make sure you have a Stephen King Novel to read. Yeah, it's that long a day. Actually, today was short and sweet, once we got in there. Sis came with us this time and the three of us enjoyed our time together. Mom had an excellent report from the surgeon. I figured that one would be good. Now just to keep the positive thoughts and prayers for the two days next week with her labs, scans and etc.

Love the fact that so many of us have great memories associated with sewing, quilting, family. I believe that our predecessors would be mighty proud and happy that we share their interest. None of my Granny's quilts were considered pretty. They were usable because they were necessary. Made from old clothes, feedsacks etc, like so many others in this area. When I am paper piecing or just looking through magazines, I think of her daily. She would be wowed by all the variety of fabrics and folks to play with!
        Twnkeyes, what a great Dad! What a shame those jobs are no longer around.
        And how wonderful you are able to continue to share your youth with others and his treasure trove!
        Well, gals, the sandman is about to beat me to death. Driving in the city is no fun for this country mouse. (I did stop and treat myself to a Starbucks - mocha latte, YUM) Work tomorrow with color and then a perm first thing in the a.m.
        Big hugs to all my quilty sisters!
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Cathy, What are a Daughter of the Nile and a Shriner, pls?
          Mary B.

Comment

I was so busy reading your post I had to go back and look at your lead-in. Love the look on their faces, especially the dog and the middle cate. LOLLOLLOLLOL
            Originally posted by Blondie View Post

Hi gals
            Long day in the big city. You know how Dr visits go. All the hurry up to get there and then make sure you have a Stephen King Novel to read. Yeah, it's that long a day. Actually, today was short and sweet, once we got in there. Sis came with us this time and the three of us enjoyed our time together. Mom had an excellent report from the surgeon. I figured that one would be good. Now just to keep the positive thoughts and prayers for the two days next week with her labs, scans and etc.

Love the fact that so many of us have great memories associated with sewing, quilting, family. I believe that our predecessors would be mighty proud and happy that we share their interest. None of my Granny's quilts were considered pretty. They were usable because they were necessary. Made from old clothes, feedsacks etc, like so many others in this area. When I am paper piecing or just looking through magazines, I think of her daily. She would be wowed by all the variety of fabrics and folks to play with!
            Twnkeyes, what a great Dad! What a shame those jobs are no longer around.
            And how wonderful you are able to continue to share your youth with others and his treasure trove!
            Well, gals, the sandman is about to beat me to death. Driving in the city is no fun for this country mouse. (I did stop and treat myself to a Starbucks - mocha latte, YUM) Work tomorrow with color and then a perm first thing in the a.m.
            Big hugs to all my quilty sisters!
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Blondie, love that photo. Hope you don't mind if I copy it.
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
                Blondie, love that photo. Hope you don't mind if I copy it.
                help yourself!
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                X