Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Monday morning

Hi everybody,

It's a great Monday morning, although a little bit grey and rainy. But I feel great. Finished something that had been around for 20 years. Finished it with my broken wrist. Now I'll have to find something else to finish. That is not difficult in my sewing room. I still have some tin boxes from my mother to go throu. That'll be fun. Until later or maybe tomorrow, depending on my find
    greetings from the G.D. of LuxembourgDicher 1 kopie.jpg
    sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Re: Great Monday morning

Good morning to you,

Very pretty towels. Will you keep them or give them as a gift? I love doing cross-stitch, but it's been a while. I keep thinking I'm going to pull out some projects I've had packed away. It's a good thing to do while traveling. Easy to transport. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rebecca

P.S. My husband travels to Belgium tomorrow for a business meeting. I see that Luxembourg is very close to Belgium. I imagine it is very beautiful where you live. I'm hoping his company will acquire a job there and then I might get to visit. I'm from California in the USA but living in London with my husband who's on an ex-pat assignment with his company.
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; April 4, 2011, 02:21 AM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

happy Monday!
      What lovely lovely lovely work on those towels!I used to stitch like that but leave that to my sis these days. I can't do small stitching WITHOUT the impediment of a cast / bad wrist. Going through Mom's stuff should be fun as well. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
      Rebecca, how light do you have to travel? I am assuming you don't have furniture with you, just basics and of course your sewing machine? How many countries have you been to, lived in?
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Good morning all my quilting buddies! I love getting up in the wee hours of the morning. I call it "Me time" Everybody else is asleep and the house is good and quiet. We are on spring break this week so lotsa spring cleaning ahead for me and Holly. She can't wait to get started. Thank goodness she loves to clean because I would rather be sewing. Ha Ha. Rebecca I have barely been out of Ky let alone out of the country. You could probably count the different states I have been to on one hand.Not a traveler at all. My brother offered to take me and Holly to Hawaii a couple years ago all expenses paid but I chickened out because I didn't want to fly. He is a pilot for United airlines. But that didn't even convince me.I will keep my feet planted on the ground thank you very much.
        Momaquilt Your towels are very pretty. I am to impatient for crosstitch.Like Blondie I will leave that to my sisters as well. I have 2 sisters that love to crossstitch. Not for me!!
        I hope you are healing well. You all have a great Monday. It is the annual Tater Day here 100+ years but I thinks they may get blown away today. Calling for severe weather to come in about noon.It is in the 70's this morning and the wind is relentless. Won't be catching me at Tater Day thats for sure.I will probably be sewing!!!
        Last edited by RFREE; April 4, 2011, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Mama, great towels. The stitching is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
            Good morning to you,

Very pretty towels. Will you keep them or give them as a gift? I love doing cross-stitch, but it's been a while. I keep thinking I'm going to pull out some projects I've had packed away. It's a good thing to do while traveling. Easy to transport. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rebecca

P.S. My husband travels to Belgium tomorrow for a business meeting. I see that Luxembourg is very close to Belgium. I imagine it is very beautiful where you live. I'm hoping his company will acquire a job there and then I might get to visit. I'm from California in the USA but living in London with my husband who's on an ex-pat assignment with his company.
            Well, I don't know if I keep them, or if the kids'll have them. Anyway I'm glad there finished.

Belgium is our neighbour country in the West. Luxembourg is called the Green Heart of Europe. So if your husband gets a job in Belgium, don't miss Luxembourg. Not only because we're so small, 1 hour driving from west to east, (that is without any red lights or without traffic jams but Luxembourg has lots of castles, history and woods, but no MSQC. Luxembourg City was mentioned in 963.

Keep me informed and I maybe could show you around.

Michèle
            sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Wow,Michele, what an awesome gesture you have made. How sweet are you? Rebecca I think you have found a saint!
              Good morning everyone! Beautiful work on the towels. My DIL does all the cross stitch around our family. She has done some pictures that have not less than 200 colors in them and they look like photos when she gets done. And how she does them so fast is beyond me. She is truly a talented women. She just got her PHD and has gotten a job in D. C. Now my son is going back to school for his. I doubt there will be grand kids from these two, they don't have time to breath let alone get pregnant. lol
              Blondie I have missed you. I've missed everyone. I've been on but just here and there. I had Blondie's creeping crud. I don't know where it's going Blondie but I promise I won't send it back to you. Trish how is everything going for you? Love you all, Jan
              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

One more sleep till my trip. Can't wait. I will take lots of pics but they won't be on here till I get back next week.

Well the weekend is OVER!! Stag & doe was a huge success. It was a very late night and a very early morning for me. The baby slept in my room so I would be the one to get up with her and let everyone else sleep. So only had about 3 hours sleep. We also had a small birthday party for Maizyn who is 1 and Sadoria will be 8 tomorrow.

Well today is packing and last minute cleaning up after the weekend. I think hubby will survive without me.

I had a dream last night that Jenny Doan was going to personally teach me to quilt. She was sitting right next to me in a meeting room somewhere and was so tickled pink that I told her she had to come home with me. LOL!! And of course I was absolutely thrilled to be sitting next to her too. Even quliting invades my sleep.

Well all of you out there have a wonderful week. I will try and pop in if I can find a computer at the hotels.

See you all next week!!

Monique
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Waves g,day from OZ?.....its12am Tuesday morning I,m in bed hubby beside snoring I,m on my I -pad in the dark hehe........Belgium /Luxembourg sound so exotic to me .....sigh.....oh we'll one day I. ....Keep telling myself that one day.....right now I,d like to be at Bora Bora... In one. Of those huts over the ocean........warm water lapping at the back door.......stretched out on sun lounge reading a great book.

One can dream I guess ooh well one day see what 18 years of the IVF program does.....leaves one day dreaming and saying "one day" and drooling a lot ..........
                  Last edited by Lisaau; April 4, 2011, 08:24 AM.
                  "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                  :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Actually, Joe's company shipped a load of our belongings. He said he didn't want to live with rented furniture. We brought over a sofa, loveseat, two ottomans, and a coffee table for the livingroom. In the bedroom we brought over our bed, a table for my sewing, a chifferobe and a chair. In the kitchen, we brought an old oak table and four kitchen chairs, plus everything we would need to to cook except small electrical appliances. The guestroom has a daybed with trundle, a single bed and some air mattresses that we stored away in one of the closets. For the move, we packed a lot of plastic crates with our belongings in them. To hide them in the flat, I brought over some wood cut at Home Depot and some glass cut at our local glass shop. I made covers with gathered skirts out of really inexpensive blue and white check fabric and made little tables using the crates as a base. They work for nightstands by the beds and end tables for the sofas. That was done so we could hide the crates and also store stuff that we don't use very often. Joe bought himself a fancy desk and office chair since he works out of the flat the majority of the time. I call it the command center. LOL In the hallway we have a huge bookcase that Joe built years ago. It holds lots of stuff. We are very well equipped. The scary thing, Blondie, when you go to my house in California you'd never know I had taken anything out of it. That's how much furniture and stuff we've accumulated over the years. When I think of moving I cringe. We'd have to do some serious downsizing.

When I first got to London, I went with a girlfriend to Italy for three weeks. I went to Paris for a day with some friends from high school I hadn't seen in over 30 years. I've been to Norway for three weeks when Joe went on business. At Christmas my mother-in-law our daughters came over to visit and take a trip to Germany. We went there to meet German relatives. We were just talking about renting a car so we can spend time exploring the English countryside. We'll do a bit of that when friends come later this month. We've done tons of things in London but there are a few museums we haven't seen yet and some historical mansions I'd like to tour. We just walked the entire length of Hyde Park day before yesterday. I got some pretty pictures of the flowers and plants blooming. I want to visit Regent's Park next. Some of "The King's Speech" was filmed there and it looks so beautiful. I also want to visit Kew Gardens. I think the month of May should be outstanding for that. I hope I didn't bore you with all this. It might've been a bit more info. than you were looking for. LOLvisit.
                    Originally posted by Blondie View Post

happy Monday!
                    What lovely lovely lovely work on those towels!I used to stitch like that but leave that to my sis these days. I can't do small stitching WITHOUT the impediment of a cast / bad wrist. Going through Mom's stuff should be fun as well. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
                    Rebecca, how light do you have to travel? I am assuming you don't have furniture with you, just basics and of course your sewing machine? How many countries have you been to, lived in?

Comment

Hi everybody!
                      I AM going to get some sewing done today. I am, I am, I am!
                      The towels look great! I haven't done much cross stitch since Em was born. Those spools of floss are awfully tempting for little fingers!
                      Off to get some stitching done. No, really!
                      Cathy
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

That's very sweet of you Michèle! I'll keep that in mind. My fingers and toes are crossed in hopes that I get to see your beautiful Luxembourg.
                        Originally posted by mamaquilt View Post
                        Well, I don't know if I keep them, or if the kids'll have them. Anyway I'm glad there finished.

Belgium is our neighbour country in the West. Luxembourg is called the Green Heart of Europe. So if your husband gets a job in Belgium, don't miss Luxembourg. Not only because we're so small, 1 hour driving from west to east, (that is without any red lights or without traffic jams but Luxembourg has lots of castles, history and woods, but no MSQC. Luxembourg City was mentioned in 963.

Keep me informed and I maybe could show you around.

Michèle

Comment

Yes, I am excited to be making new friends around our world. I'm hoping to visit with our quilty friend, Loulou, next month. I'm very interested to visit her village near the sea. I'm planning to take her to lunch and maybe I'll get a chance to visit the shop where she buys her fabric. Wouldn't that be super fun? I'll keep you posted.
                          Originally posted by janluna View Post
                          Wow,Michele, what an awesome gesture you have made. How sweet are you? Rebecca I think you have found a saint!
                          Good morning everyone! Beautiful work on the towels. My DIL does all the cross stitch around our family. She has done some pictures that have not less than 200 colors in them and they look like photos when she gets done. And how she does them so fast is beyond me. She is truly a talented women. She just got her PHD and has gotten a job in D. C. Now my son is going back to school for his. I doubt there will be grand kids from these two, they don't have time to breath let alone get pregnant. lol
                          Blondie I have missed you. I've missed everyone. I've been on but just here and there. I had Blondie's creeping crud. I don't know where it's going Blondie but I promise I won't send it back to you. Trish how is everything going for you? Love you all, Jan

Comment

Good Afternoon Quilters!
                            Mamaquilt - Your towels are lovely. I think that anything related to housework should be as beautiful as possible, although my "tools" don't reflect that.
                            Rhonda - I hear ya on the "Me-Time" early in the am. Nothing better than just having that quiet time first thing in the morning! I must say I am intrigued by Tater Days. I love taters, could eat them all day long!
                            Jan - Hope you are getting to the end of the "crud". I sure was miserable and still find myself caught in the middle of a coughing fit after four weeks of suffering. I think we need some sunshine to warm our bones!
                            Monique - What a nice dream! Are you watching the tutorials over and over?? I do, hoping all that fun and skill rubs off on me! Have a good trip!
                            Lisaau - I think Australia sounds exotic!! Wish I could visit someday.
                            Rebecca - It must feel good to have some of your own furnishing around you. I love to travel but I love to come home even more! What a great adventure it sounds like you are having. How long will you be living there?

I am being paid to work from home all week but there is really not too much to do. Today I did the payroll and sent an email to the owner with follow up pictures of the store after we were finished moving out. Also sent my agenda for the rest of the week and wrote some reference letters for the associates.
                            I took everything out of my laundry room/closet and scrubbed til it was spotless and loaded only what I wanted back in. It is my plan to clean at least one small area each day this week and start on the big projects next week. Purging will clear the cobwebs out of my head too since I feel kind of lost right now! DD will be here on Thursday to spend the weekend. We plan on visiting Ikea and I am hoping I can get her to drive a little further down the road to a little quilt store that I love. They have a huge selection of batiks, the biggest I have ever seen! I don't have much of a budget for fabric these days but what is life if you can't treat yourself to something small??
                            Well, I am off to go bake some banana chocolate chip muffins to use up a couple brown nanas that I just can't toss away due to all the starving people in other countries (thanks Grandma).
                            Yours til the cat barks, <giggle to Blondie>
                            Patti
                            Patti
                            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

The assignment was supposed to be for two years but it looks like they're going to extend our stay for another year. Don't know if we'll stay in London or if they'll want us to relocate to Amsterdam. We'll probably know in another month or two.
                              Originally posted by patticakes View Post
                              Good Afternoon Quilters!
                              Mamaquilt - Your towels are lovely. I think that anything related to housework should be as beautiful as possible, although my "tools" don't reflect that.
                              Rhonda - I hear ya on the "Me-Time" early in the am. Nothing better than just having that quiet time first thing in the morning! I must say I am intrigued by Tater Days. I love taters, could eat them all day long!
                              Jan - Hope you are getting to the end of the "crud". I sure was miserable and still find myself caught in the middle of a coughing fit after four weeks of suffering. I think we need some sunshine to warm our bones!
                              Monique - What a nice dream! Are you watching the tutorials over and over?? I do, hoping all that fun and skill rubs off on me! Have a good trip!
                              Lisaau - I think Australia sounds exotic!! Wish I could visit someday.
                              Rebecca - It must feel good to have some of your own furnishing around you. I love to travel but I love to come home even more! What a great adventure it sounds like you are having. How long will you be living there?

I am being paid to work from home all week but there is really not too much to do. Today I did the payroll and sent an email to the owner with follow up pictures of the store after we were finished moving out. Also sent my agenda for the rest of the week and wrote some reference letters for the associates.
                              I took everything out of my laundry room/closet and scrubbed til it was spotless and loaded only what I wanted back in. It is my plan to clean at least one small area each day this week and start on the big projects next week. Purging will clear the cobwebs out of my head too since I feel kind of lost right now! DD will be here on Thursday to spend the weekend. We plan on visiting Ikea and I am hoping I can get her to drive a little further down the road to a little quilt store that I love. They have a huge selection of batiks, the biggest I have ever seen! I don't have much of a budget for fabric these days but what is life if you can't treat yourself to something small??
                              Well, I am off to go bake some banana chocolate chip muffins to use up a couple brown nanas that I just can't toss away due to all the starving people in other countries (thanks Grandma).
                              Yours til the cat barks, <giggle to Blondie>
                              Patti

Comment

Working...
                              X