X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Morning . . .

Puppy Dog Tails.gif

Good morning everyone!!

I expected to get up this morning and see the sun shining, have 70 degree weather, and hear the purr of the lawn mowers in the neighborhood - well at least in our yard. And, would you believe it is barely above freezing here. When is SPRING going to get here?
    I'm also sneezing my head off again - guess there are pollens in the air.

My computer is right next to a bank of southern windows. This morning we've had a male Cardinal trying to get in. Not once, not twice, but dozens of times he's come up and started butting heads with the window. It must be mating season and I think he's fighting off another male (his reflection). Anyway, DeeOGee (our pouch) has been frightened and shaking every time the bird shows up.

I"ve been thinking about patticakes and her new found freedom and the fact that she has all those quilter's cash coupons to use. Next thing you know she's going to have a quilter's boutique or something going and we'll see her name up there beside Donald Trump or something. I can't imagine the fun she'll have selecting new toys!!

Al wants arepas for breakfast this morning, so I'm off to pat out some dough.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!! And may the sunshine be with you.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Re: Saturday Morning . . .

Sandy. you gave me my first laugh this morning with you quote about the rope. It a good day when you start out with a laugh. Thanks Linda

Comment

Morning everyone! Back at ya later when I finish up my day.

Hugs,
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Wow! Where is everybody today? If it's 9 here it's noon on the right coast ... probably out enjoying Sandy's 70 degree weather. We don't have those types of temps here today, but we are having a sun break, so I'm headed out to do chores and try to get some weeds pulled out of the veggie patch. I'm already thinking about fresh peas, radishes, and salad greens.
        When the rain comes rolling in a little later then I can come in and sew without guilt. I have to tear apart a block and make a second center. Then I can put that project back on hold until I get my "Just One" stars made. I'm thinking about taking the pattern to the LQS and seeing if they would be interested in putting it up on the counter and seeing how many we can make in our little area. They are like chips, who can make just one?
        Catch up with you all later! Cathy
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

How do husbands know how to irritate you so well? I was out diggin' weeds in the garden and he decides that right now is the time to drop the ugly willow tree that has been blocking sun from the back of the garden spot. Of course the tree MUST come down across the place that I am weeding. Arrrgh! I can't say anything, cause I asked him to take it down ... MONTHS ago mind you, but I did ask.
          I'll go weed someplace else I guess. Then clean up the debris field when he's finished.
          Thanks for the venting room!
          C

Comment

Oh Cathy thats a guy thing, grrrrrrrrrrrr. I dont know how many times I asked hubs to do things and just like yours he deceides when Im busy that he will do the deal. Omg Im like you hey bud yuove had months to do this. Just like today Im napping my meds away and the next thing I know I fell someone staring at me. It was him with a silly plastic jug in his hands wanting to know what I wanna do with it. Hello JA, I was asleep I dont care right now, just wanna the meds off. Sond like a total man thing Cathy.

Well all this new chemo Im on is way better then the A/C. Im so glad. I dont fill like total junk for days. Doing mental cart wheels yahoo. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, I am blessed.
            Have a blessed day in HIS name!
            PAULA

Comment

It's a snowy day here. Hooray for spring! Not! I've got some more sewing done, but I've still a good amount to do to catch up with my intended projects. Right now I've got to clean up the house though and tend to the kiddos. Hearts to you all! NSA being on the forum more, but life keeps me busy, and I'm not complaining
              Lin

Comment

Hey Girl; Keep on Keeping on!!! My thoughts are with you...Val

Comment

HelloEveryone...
                  I'm new to this group. I'm a new quilter and hope to learn something from all of you. Hope you will let me join this group.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm new here too and have just been reading about how you are all spending your Saturday. Its Sunday morning here - 9.55 am - and today our daylight saving has ended, hurrah! Its a beautiful Australian autumn morning, crystal clear, great gardening weather but I am off to celebrate the finish of DLS with a day of sewing. Mary B.

Comment

Welcome to our little place of the www. Its good to see both you and Mary here cp.
                      Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                      PAULA

Comment

Alright. This is just creepy.

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!?!?!!?!?!?

CP & Mary, we are always ready to welcome new friends to the party! Some days are busier than others around here. It looks like everybody decided to stay off the 'puter today to get some stuff done.

I spent most of the day outside. It was maybe 50 today, but windy. I got the blueberry patch weeded (left some California poppies for later) while my husband played lumber jack with part of the sitka willow. I managed to get all but one of the veggie beds and half of the strawberry patch done after cleaning up that mess. If it's not raining AND I can walk tomorrow I'll try to get the last bit done. The chickweed and the shot grass/pop-its are taking over. I'd rather get them out before they seed. Than I can look out the bedroom window and not have to see that mess.
                        I am now enjoying an adult beverage, so feelin' pretty mellow. Probably should not be handling sharp things like a rotary cutter or the sewing machine, since I don't indulge very often. I guess I'll just sit and watch TV waiting for the Mariners (baseball) to choke, like usual.
                        I hope everybody is OK, and we see you in here tomorrow.
                        Good night & take care!
                        Cathy

Comment

Paula, Glad to hear that you are handling this new med cocktail well.
                          Hugs and prayers for you!
                          Cathy

Comment

Sorry Cathy, I was busy all day, and never got online. Not much to tell here. I'll get on tomorrow and talk to everyone. Love you all, Jan
                            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
                              How do husbands know how to irritate you so well? I was out diggin' weeds in the garden and he decides that right now is the time to drop the ugly willow tree that has been blocking sun from the back of the garden spot. Of course the tree MUST come down across the place that I am weeding. Arrrgh! I can't say anything, cause I asked him to take it down ... MONTHS ago mind you, but I did ask.
                              I'll go weed someplace else I guess. Then clean up the debris field when he's finished.
                              Thanks for the venting room!
                              C
                              My husband has this annoying habit of coming into the kitchen right when I'm in the middle of preparations or cleaning up. So, in order to keep my blood pressure in check I move aside and just wait until he leaves. You're wise to give him "the floor" and move to another weeding spot. Once he's out of the way and the tree chopped down you're garden will have that much needed sun and your weeding will eventually get done. Don't you hate those pesky weeds? They are the bane of my existence. Husbands - we love them, but they sure can be a pain in the caboose.
                              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
                              X