It's Friday - No Fooling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday - No Fooling!

Happy Friday! I am wondering who I can who-do today. These old Friday gals at the salon are pretty hard to fool. I reckon I may tell them I am retiring. Hmmmm.

I reckon Mother Nature is having her own April 1st for all you Northern gals. I am sorry that you are getting more snow! I was never so thankful as I was to see the snow leave as quickly as it came earlier this week. Quick, find that stinking ground hog. Hold his little head under water until the bubbles stop floating up.

Rebecca, I love grits. I mean I love grits. Luscious just brought home a huge bag of grits yesterday. They are the full bodied type, as in roughly mill ground. I like mine with butter and of course, salt and pepper. When I first left home and was living in an apt in SC, I was so homesick if I heard anyone say Mother. One night, another student in the apts came over and we decided to make grits and gravy. OMG, it was soooo bad and sooo not like my Mom's. We overcooked them in too little water and needed to almost sandblast them out of the pot. The gravy was better and we fried some fatback and bacon to go with. Maybe I will make some up this morning and think of you. Comfort food to be sure.

Off to make some grits and bacon.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: It's Friday - No Fooling!

Happy April Food's Day Blondie. Yes, I'm one of those northern girls and the snow started at around 6:30 am. Temp is rising though so our little dusting will turn into a mucky mess. And the plant farm opens today . . . . . I'm not rushing into work.
    Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
    "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Good morning everyone.
      I am lucky we are only getting rain. But, all day. Oh well. I decided to take the day off and spend it in my studio. I want to get my great neice's quilt quilted. I got my blocks for the One Star Quilt done. Have a great day.
      Suzette

Comment

Good morning Blondie Linda and Suzette. We got a dusting of snow here too. "UGH". Oh well it will disappear later. OMG I just looked out the window and the snowflakes are huge. GIANT ones. Crap!!

Well ladies I hate to tell you this as I am VERY disappointed but my trip to Lancaster and Cincinatti is CANCELLED. Man that sucks. I was so looking forward to it.

OK NOT!! GOTCHA. Happy April Fool's Day.

My granddaughter turned 1 yesterday. It is hard to believe that it has been a year already. I get to see her this weekend, because the family is coming tonight and staying the weekend. Stag party tomorrow night. I have lots to do so I better get cracking.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Monique
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hi all! Blondie, I've never had grits; but honestly they sound gross. Guess I'll have to give them a try someday. You don't find them up here. The big storm that was supposed to start at midnight has just started lightly snowing and the expected accumulation has been decreased from 14" to 8". But then continue into tomorrow with rain. We have the annual "Adventure Games" in town this weekend. That's a team run, canoe/kayak, bike and cross country ski race. And the weather is going to mess that up big time. They're talking about cancelling the water part which is the best part for us observers. Oh well, Spring's coming. I just wish it was here already like the calendar says.

Have a great day!
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

No fooling it's really Friday! Yea!! Because Wednesday played an early April Fool's trick on me and made me think it was Thursday. So I had to have two Thursdays this week. Man I hate when that happens!
            Shelia

Comment

Good morning all! Blondie It's me who loves the grits. Make an extra bowl and I'll be right down.
              There is nothing better with butter, salt, pepper and an over easy egg. MM MM I like the bacon too. I'll bring the bacon it's in my freezer and by the time I get there it should be thawed. Maybe I'll have to send you some money and you could buy me some of the good grits like you described. I'll include tax and postage. Just tell me how much it will be. I haven't had them in so long.
              Well, I've been doing laundry since 5 A.M. and I'm getting tired already. I have no energy.
              The weather man tells me that we won't get any snow as it's too far east of us. However we may get 3 inches of rain. Can you say FLOOD. That in one day, and he's calling for rain for the next week. I did have the giant snowflakes the other morning though. They were just so beautiful and I didn't mind them. Besides they melted by 2 p.m. It's dark and humid and wet. ugh!
              The dryer just stopped. Gotta go and fold and hang clothes before they wrinkle. I only iron my Quilt pieces! LOL Have a great day everyone. Hugs, and God Bless, Jan L
              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

me too. on the grits... perhaps they are good. but i have never made them... i will try them some time... just not sure when...The movie My cousin vinny" "what is a grit... ?"

yep it snowed here too. b ut they say it will get to 43 today... and so it shall melt... yeh melting... oh mud... i am hoping for green grass soon... no fun right now... my friend Laurie is heading to fargo to help with the sandbagging... so that would be good. i am planning to go grocery shopping and stocking the staple things... and tin foil and zipper bags. and tp... floor soap. and auto dish soap... you know the good stuff... oh magic eraser sponges!!! love those things!!!

so i need to dash off... god morning every one...
                all the best
                Gina

Comment

Sorry Rebecca, I thought Blondie read my post and thought you were me. She must not have seen mine. I apologize to both you and Blondie. lol Hugs, Jan L
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hi all! Its nice to see all the lovers of grits. I however am not. I love homeny but not when they turn it to grits. O well enjoy them.
                    I am so glad that it finally starting to warm up. Im ready. Bikini here I come, NOT! There are few things that the world isnt ready for and thats one of them.
                    Well I start a new type of chemo today. Im a bit nervous. I dont know what it will do to me, but Im covered in prayer so that helps ease me so. At least I know it wont cause my hair to fall out cause its already gone. The other type of chemo took that. Im just so glad that Im done with that type. Man was it ever a strong one. Now I know why they called it the red devil, whew.
                    Well all I better get going so I can put the game face on for my mom. She insists on taking me to treatment and I dont ever want her to see me even the tinest bit down. Shes had a rough time with this so I want het to know Im gonna be alright. Have a great day all!!!!
                    Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                    PAULA

Comment

<3 me some grits! Lots of butter, salt and bacon mixed in.
                      Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
                      Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
                      Pinterest

Comment

Good morning all! Paula, good luck with the new treatment!
                        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Thanks alot to the Quilting Forum for the Birthday wishes. No April fool!!
                          sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Can't believe I am still awake right now. I couldn't sleep last night (too many cups of coffee with a late dinner), so I got up and hit the sewing room. Got three quilt tops cut out - 365 blocks sewn up for one of them. Whew!!! Smoking machine!! I then got about 3/4 of a 1" block Irish Chain done. It is going to be so spectacular. Every seam lined up as it should. I was feeling great. BUT, the applique was calling and I just had to try it before it hit me . . . .

This is April Fool's Day!!
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Woooo Hoooo! I am back! Thank you all for the words of support, I was keeping up on my IPhone but no time to post.
                              Seems so strange to not have to get up at 4:15 am and get ready for work! I have one more paid week of tying up loose ends at home, then next week I can submit the time for the 3 weeks of vacation time that I have not used yet. I have a tiny cushion and no bills this week so with the vacation pay I can afford to open the window for alittle breathing time as Blondie suggested. Now, if I could just get some grits from her!! I absolutely love grits and when BF and I travel south I always eat his and mine. Oink, oink I know but us nothern girls have to get our quota of grits when we can!
                              I was up in the middle of the night catching up with all the daily chit chats and hope to catch up to each of you soon. Started to write a post but my mental state was weird (you know how things always seem more dramatic at night and then the next day you think - what was I thinking???) anyway....I typed part if it twice and it kept just disappearing, so I thought it wasn't meant to be.
                              Cleaning is on my agenda today since BF now thinks he has a housewife. He is old fashioned and loving it...LOL. He better be old fashioned enough to kick in half on his share of the bills now too!
                              Well....off to clean 4 days worth of neglect out of my home!
                              Out like a trout!
                              Patti
                              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Working...
                              X