I'm so proud !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so proud !

Last weekend my son entered a competition for young musicians, and guess what, he won the first prize !! I was all in tears, and oh so proud ... he just played his tenorsaxophone so beautiful. Niels just turned 16 in February. I know, I'm bragging....
    We recorded the music and along with some pictures, put it on youtube. Maybe anyone would like to watch? This is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiduHYdWY9o

Re: I'm so proud !

Lenie you have every right to be proud, that's not bragging, that's being a mum who loves her child and his achievements. I am so very pleased for you, your son and family, it's a good thing to achieve, music is very important in our lives.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

That is great! Really great! And I know what I'm talking about. No bragging at all.
      We are a family of 5 musicians. You have to support your kids, especially when they have talent. Too bad, we never recorded or even thought about it, when our children played at auditions like your son.
      Save the records for the future.
      greetings from G-D of Luxembourg
      sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Sweet Lenie!
        How proud I am with you. All my children play instruments; my oldest won a scholarship for his talent with trombone.
        Your son plays excellently. No wonder he WON. Congratulations.
        Blondie
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Lenie, congratulations to your son on his win! And thanks for sharing!
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Lenie
            You have every right to be proud. He is very good, {such control}. Does he plan on going on the study music?

Comment

Thank you all! Your nice messages make me even more proud! I wonder, is there a connection between quilting and making music? Looks like there are a lot of familys who have both quilters ánd musicians.
              Niels doesn't know what he wants to study yet, he still has 2,5 years to find out. He's also into computer science too. Maybe he can do both.

Comment

Very nice! Thank you for sharing his talent with us.
                Patti
                "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Congrats! Great pics and youtube.
                  Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoyed his choice of music. A flawless performance!!
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

he has a great smile...
                      all the best
                      Gina

Comment

Congratulations to you both! What a lovely way to start my day listening to his piece - he is very talented indeed!!!!

Comment

Wow! You should be proud, very very nice! I enjoyed listening to the performance.

Comment

Wow - thanks for sharing! So glad he won the first prize - his talent surely shows. Congratulations to Neils!
                            My kids have played sax, drums, trumpet, and flute but certainly no prizes here.

Hugs,
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Congrats Lenie! He sounds so good. I can see why you are proud.
                              Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                              PAULA

Comment

Working...
                              X