Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pink Night Owls- Sunday is just about over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink Night Owls- Sunday is just about over!

Men are certainly welcome to join us but I do believe it has been a bunch of pink's so far.

Tonight question:

What is your quilting superpower? We all have one, some of us might have to look harder for it than others.

What's mine? I do believe that I posses the superpower to turn any quilting project into a UFO. If I told you how many table runners, quilts, placemats that are basically all done you would just cringe. I would dearly love a superpower that would allow me to figure out fabric needs in an instant but even with calculators it takes me a long time to do it.

So what is your quilting superpower?
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Re: Pink Night Owls- Sunday is just about over!

PROCRASTINATION! "Too much research is one of procrastination's most elegant disguises" I am an expert on procrastination! My superpower is putting off until I'm hurrying around like a chicken with her head cut off! I get bored easily and therefore I have lots of UFOs. I am working on my grandson's quilts for Christmas now so procrastination girl is in retirement for the next few weeks. I need to stay away from the computer and Candy Crush Saga!!!
    Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth!

Comment

My superpower is knowing exactly how much time a project will take so I time it to be done right to the last minute before it is due! That means I don't get my behind in gear to started one minute sooner than the moment panic sets in fearing I won't get finished in time. Happens to me all the time!

Comment

My super power seems is that my Super Brain can hold more quilting ideas than a mere mortal brain can hold..................................or maybe it just seems that way! Usually this super power is much stronger than the Not So Super Power of House Cleaning!
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

My super power is thinking that I can do one of everything and trying to do them all at the same time! I started making a list of the patterns I want to try and I will be quilting for a good long time - if Jenny keeps coming out with new tutorials, I will never accomplish them all! Now I got distracted by a Craftsy paper piecing class that New York Sue talked about - spent most of the evening watching that instead of actually sewing. Oh well, it is all good - I have been fascinated by some of the paper pieced blocks and got the class on sale. If I could just clone myself and send my clone to work, life would be better!
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

My Super power would have to be the ability to buy fabric for a particular project, only to put that project aside and then to go buy more fabric for another one....
            Me thinks me needs to develop the super power of finishing stuff and shopping my stash!!
            HUGS,
            Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidan_07 View Post
              My Super power would have to be the ability to buy fabric for a particular project, only to put that project aside and then to go buy more fabric for another one....
              Me thinks me needs to develop the super power of finishing stuff and shopping my stash!!
              Yep. That's mine in a nutshell. I have dreamed up and bought the fabric for so many quilts, I don't even know how many. One day, I will find the superpower to make them.
              Donna

Comment

My Quilting Super Power is the ability to bite off more than I can comfortably chew. Each and every quilt I make is more than a challenge, starting with the deceptively simple Cat Face Quilt that started the ball rolling.
                If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Comment

I'm the Super Color Picker Queen!! Not I think I have the right shade and hue of all the colors needed for my quilt, but when I lay them all out together, I've missed the mark by a country mile!!

That is why I'm a pre cut junkie. It helps to have the layer cakes and jelly rolls all co ordinated, otherwise I'd never get my colors to harmonize.
                  Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                  :icon_wave:

Comment

Seems as if my super power might be a combnation of everything mentioned before here. Another super power is saving time. I skip a step, like marking a sew line instead of eyeballing the line, to save time and end up ripping everything apart because nothing matches correctly.

Comment

My super power is that I buy all the best fabric and thread all under budget and finish everything. Hey who woke me up? I was having such a nice dream!
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

My super power would planning ahead buying all the fabric for a project and not putting them in a bag altogether, so when I am ready for the project I either can't remember which fabrics I bought for it or where the pattern is. Also a combination of everything everyone said.
                        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have several super powers, mainly most of which have already been mentioned. My Big Super Power is that I get bored with the quilt I'm making and itching to start the new project that I've been imagining. That makes me hurry to finish quilt #1 and do sloppy sewing that has to be ripped out. Of course, that only adds to the frustration of trying to finish the quilt I've already become bored with. I try not to make really big quilts as that is when my boredom is biggest. I just get so tired of looking at the same fabrics and sewing the same blocks so I try to make lap size quilts.

Comment

Oh My! It's hard being a human being, isn't it? hahahaha If only all of the above "powers" were our biggest and most urgent issues, huh? I've been quilting, off and on now, for over 25 years, still needing as much precious knowledge as this forum, and you wonderful members, affords. Each and every single one of us has the call to do what we do, whether it gets completed today or in five years! God bless us all and have fun!
                            Linda

Comment

I think there is a little of each of these powers in all of us. You guys are great for being so honest!
                              Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X