Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was wondering: how old are we? On my regular sewing forum I'm one of the three silver foxes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering: how old are we? On my regular sewing forum I'm one of the three silver foxes..

...LOL Here I feel we are many seasoned ladies. Am I right?
    I love my Norwegian forum too but most of the girls are between 25-40.
    It is a wide specter, - I think the youngest is 14 and the oldest near 70.

Perhaps this is not looked upon with approval, - if I'm out of line please delete the thread.

Hugs from 56 years old Eva Mari
    Fabric purchases require no justification!
    A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Re: I was wondering: how old are we? On my regular sewing forum I'm one of the three silver foxes..

No worries Emmari! We have a wide range of age too! I am in my thirties....Mom is 54...and my sisters are in their 30's also! This is an interesting topic!! Can't wait to find out more!

Comment

Re: I was wondering: how old are we? On my regular sewing forum I'm one of the three silver foxes..

I'm 53!!! Neat question!

Hugs,
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

44 here and I earned every gray hair and wrinkle I have!!
        ~Mary
        As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Originally posted by sewhot View Post
          No worries Emmari! We have a wide range of age too! I am in my thirties....Mom is 54...and my sisters are in their 30's also! This is an interesting topic!! Can't wait to find out more!
          So you are all members here? How cool!! Hugs!

Originally posted by quiltingtrish View Post
          I'm 53!!! Neat question!

Hugs,
          Thank you for calling it neat, - I was a bit worried if this was a no-no on a forum stateside... Hugs!

Originally posted by mrswindy4 View Post
          44 here and I earned every gray hair and wrinkle I have!!
          LOL I love your way of putting it, - and so do I!! Hugs from Eva Mari
          Fabric purchases require no justification!
          A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

great question..I pictured you a lot younger Eva Mari..lol..maybe its the name..I am 51
            Patrice

Comment

45 here and like Mswindy I have earned every grey hair I have. But I do hit the bottle every now and then!! LOREAL EXCELLENCE CREME that is. Ha Ha just couldn't resist that one....

Comment

This old lady is 67, feel like a million dollars - all green and wrinkled.
                Actually, most people think I am about 20 years younger than I really am.

Not good living - good genes.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

52 years young here!
                  Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Well, a Southern Lady NEVAH tells her age, bless her heart, but since at times I feel you are all my sisters, then you already know that I am ~ eek~ 59! OMG, I just had an anxiety attack typing that.
                    I still feel 25. Really. Now, for looks? I don't look closely these days because I have found that it is only in MY mirror that I look okay . Sort of like the gal in the Seinfeld episode where she looks good in some light and very scarey in others? Yep, that be me.
                    Last edited by Blondie; March 16, 2011, 06:43 PM. Reason: because some typos are too blaring
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I'm 57, been sewing since I was about 9, quilting since my teens.
                      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

64 and I don't feel a day over 30.
                        Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

50 and soon to be 51 next month and darn proud of it. I have not been quilting very long just a couple of years, but have been bit by the bug and now addicted to QUILTING!!

I hit the bottle too every couple of months. Nice and Easy, that's my style.

Monique
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I wondered about ages all the time, thanks for asking, Eva Mari! I just turned 47 in January. Blondie, your vivacity fooled me into thinking you were a good 20 years younger. I know what you mean about mirrors, since I own the only accurate one I've seen so far :-).
                            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

YOU GO GIRL!!!! NICE AND EASY> I LOVE IT>>>

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                              50 and soon to be 51 next month and darn proud of it. I have not been quilting very long just a couple of years, but have been bit by the bug and now addicted to QUILTING!!

I hit the bottle too every couple of months. Nice and Easy, that's my style.

Monique

Comment

Working...
                              X