Can we skip August 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we skip August 29th

August 29th is a date I would just as soon forget. August 29th 8 years ago we were hit by Katrina and today we were hit once again but this time by the results of Wayne's latest PET scan. The cancer that has been quite and dormant is now back with full force. It is growing and very hot it is still just in his right lung has not spread outside of the lung yet. There is no more radiation that they can give to him. The only thing left is chemo and not sure if he is wanting to do anymore of it or not. Not really sure the reason of this post other then just feeling very lost and sad right now. I just needed to get this out and share with someone.

Re: Can we skip August 29th

Oh Lonna, I am so very sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how you are feeling. Can they do a lobectomy, since it seems to be contained in that lung only? Makes what I went through so insignificant. Will be sending up special prayer for you and Wayne. ((((Lonna))))
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) and prayers going out for you and your family.
      Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Oh Lonna, I wish the news had been better and I sure wish I were closer to you so I could at least give you lots of hugs. I will say prayers for Wayne. You know we all care here. Anytime you want to talk, I have big shoulders. Just send me your phone number (I have a long distance package).
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Oh Lonna, what rotten news! Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Hugs, Lisa
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I am sorry to hear this news. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers
            Kathy Crofoot
            http://kathyscache.blogspot.com

Comment

(((Lonna & Wayne))), Don and I are sorry to hear this horrible news. We're sure you're both stunned at right now and at a loss at what direction to take. We'll be saying extra prayers for both of you. All of us are here for you, reach out to us by email, phone, PM, how ever you need us, we'll be there for you.

Huggers, Ruby and Don
              sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Sending prayers for your husband, you and your family.
                Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Lonna, I am so sad for you and Wayne. I remember him (and you) in my prayers.
                  I pray when risen from the dead before the Lord I stand; perhaps a crown upon my head, but with a needle in my hand.

Becki

Comment

Lonna....I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Wish I had better words that would help in this situation..........your forum friends are all here for you. Call or PM if you want to. Like Ruby said......extra prayers for you and Wayne. Hugs to you.....
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Lonna, I'm so sorry. Sending prayers to you and Wayne, for a decision about treatment. Please keep us posted and you know you can talk here anytime you need to. ((((Hugs)))) to you both.
                      Cil
                      A quilt is a blanket of love
                      http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                      http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

sending warm and healing thoughts for you and your family.
                        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                        Sigmund Freud

Comment

Lonna, I just read your message and I am so sorry for you and Wayne and your extended family. I haven't lost a husband, but I remember when he had a six way by pass at the last minute and it scared me to death and I knew no one in the area to be with me at the hospital. It was awful. So, if you need me, I am here for you. I will keep you and Wayne uplifted in prayer. Peace and blessings, Vicki

Comment

Sorry to hear this news. It's a hard fight, both for Wayne and for you. Thoughts and prayers going out to the both of you.
                            K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                            T - is it TRUE?
                            H - is it HELPFUL?
                            I - is it INSPIRING?
                            N - is it NECESSARY?
                            K - is it KIND?

Comment

(((((HUGS))))) and prayers.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...