Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Morning - A wee bit cooler

Good Morning Ladies
    Slept like a rock last night and woke up looking as if I have been living under one. Good grief, how can that man stand even looking at me with a straight face when he looks at me. He must practice that smile. And btw, no flashes last night. yee haw. I very very and I mean very rarely have any. They generallly leave as quickly as they come and etc. I am trying to think what was the stresser for me on Friday. It was a good day; no one really doing anything out of the ordinary, so it must have been the full moon. hehehe.
    Zenkitty, you are so very correct in changing doctors. Attitude and faith have a whole lot to do with our healing. We all deserve respect and dignity not to mention a soft place to land when we hear hard news.

So, what's on the agenda for the day? After church we will have a nice dinner with Mom and then perhaps if the wind doesn't blow us away, visit with some friends we haven't been able to get with since my Dad passed away. So much bad weather this winter, it is lucky we even remember anyone. Lucious and I aren't the most social butterflies but we do enjoy company of a few really good friends. Don't know where I would be without these "sisters" and their dear men.

Will more than likely be back this evening sometime. Enjoy your day, sweeties

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Sunday Morning - A wee bit cooler

Good morning everyone!

It's the Small Things. That was our sermon this morning. Based upon the 5 loaves of bread that was turned into many to feed the 5,000. It's waking up to the sun here this morning before we are to get snow and sleet later tonight. It's the light touch of a husband telling you it will be alright. It's the smile from the husband when he sees you first thing in the morning. It's the sudden laughter of a child you happen to catch. It's that one little bird that you watch float in the sky on the winds on a summer day. It's the first flowers that pop their heads up after a long, dreary winter. It's the text from a grown child just to say "I love you". It's a surprise phone call from a friend or a PM to say "I'm thinking of you". It's coming on here to share in your love of your quilting and friendship.

What Small Thing are you thankful for today?

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Good morning all. Its a beautiful day here. Moms picking me up for service since I took the wrong pill. I cant drive when I take it so I glad we go to the same church. Whew.
      My small thing to look at it the answered prayers that this treatment went well. I dont feel like Im gonna get sick every 5 mimutes. PTL!!!!
      I also got a surprise last night. My DBL ,DS, andDH all shaved their head in my honor.
      Have a great day all.
      Have a blessed day in HIS name!
      PAULA

Comment

Good morning all! Had a busier day than I planned for yesterday, isn't that the way it usuallly goes?
        Youngest DD's friend needed ruffles 'pinned' up on a formal dress to shorten it, I agreed to look at it, and that's what we did, but the underlayer needed shortened too, so it was a much more detailed alteration than thought and more than I know how to do, but we mustered through and it's done.
        It's a gorgeous dress with 2 layers of very stiff tulle, so there was no way it was fitting under the presser foot, so everything I did is hand stitched.
        Then I started adding sashings to the friendship braid quilt and noticed that the braids weren't matching at the top. I just about panicked. I sent a message to Jill (jrchapman)and she has helped me figure it out. I have to trim a bit more off the sections, but the best news is it will work out!
        Also, a guy at (old) work has ordered a quilt for his son from the Hooty Hoot, I have 2 charm packs of it, but needed more for a twin size--I tried to talk him into a cuddle size, but no go. MSQC is out of the fabric and Jenny checked with the manufacturer for me and it's out of production! More panicking! But, I found it on ebay and wonder of wonders I won the auctions and I should receive from 1 seller early this week, and the other seller later in the week. I have till June to get it done, but with the new job, I want to get started ASAP.
        Huge THANKS!! to Jill and Jenny for helping me get through some tough patches in my quilting world!!
        I was so tired when I found my mistake on the friendship braid, I was ready to give up quilting and so frustrated with myself. I figured I was going to have alot of table runners instead of a quilt!
        Hope everybody has a great day!
        Lola
        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingtrish View Post
          Good morning everyone!

It's the Small Things. That was our sermon this morning. Based upon the 5 loaves of bread that was turned into many to feed the 5,000. It's waking up to the sun here this morning before we are to get snow and sleet later tonight. It's the light touch of a husband telling you it will be alright. It's the smile from the husband when he sees you first thing in the morning. It's the sudden laughter of a child you happen to catch. It's that one little bird that you watch float in the sky on the winds on a summer day. It's the first flowers that pop their heads up after a long, dreary winter. It's the text from a grown child just to say "I love you". It's a surprise phone call from a friend or a PM to say "I'm thinking of you". It's coming on here to share in your love of your quilting and friendship.

What Small Thing are you thankful for today?

Hugs,
          It's being reminded of what is really important sometimes
          Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

WOW! How can someone watch that and not have tears in their eyes? I think this is going to stick with me for a long time. There are so many out there with hurts, wants, needs that I need to start paying more attention as to what can I do?

Hugs,
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingtrish View Post
              WOW! How can someone watch that and not have tears in their eyes? I think this is going to stick with me for a long time. There are so many out there with hurts, wants, needs that I need to start paying more attention as to what can I do?

Hugs,
              Thank You Blondie for that video. I agree with Trish, I need to pay more attention to what others need. I had tears in my eyes too, and I would love to have something that gave me insight as to their needs and troubles in their lives.
              Lola
              :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

WOW - that clip was powerful!

Paula - My prayers are with you and glad that you are having a good day.
                Blondie - hope you have a joyful visit with your friends and we are very thankful for hubbies that love us in the morning when we are less than beautiful!
                Lola - I'm sure that dress is beautiful with all of your hand stitching - what a great gift!

I am very thankful for a friend that I will meet at church - we have been friends for many years and she is on chemo so misses church sometimes - today is a good day and we will enjoy sitting next to each other again!

Hope everyone has joy!
                Linda

Comment

Blondie, that video was a real gift - thank you.

My boss at work, whom I dearly love, taught me to remember that everyone has a story, and remembering that really did change my life and how I try to live it. I'm not 100%, but I really do try to be a good part of other people's day.
                  There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Whew . . . everyone needs to watch that clip!!
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

My "Little Thing" turns 5 years old today. It was the best and worst day of my life. She had complications at birth and was delivered by emergency c-section. She wasn't breathing and then had to be transported to the level 3 NICU in the next city, 20 miles away. The hospital I delivered her in didn't have the equipment to support her. They wouldn't release me from the hospital for 3 days. I was crazy to get out of there. If I saw her for 5 minutes the day she was born I would be amazed. They rolled her into my room in the incubator thing they used for ambulance transport. I signed the papers allowing her to be transported and they were gone. My husband followed the ambulance to the other hospital. She came home two weeks later. Thankfully, she hasn't looked back.

So we will bake cupcakes and have a party, with aardvarks!

Catch you all later!
                      Cathy
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Morning all!
                        Blondie - what a powerful message in the video you posted. Thank you for sharing it.
                        Cathy - happiest of birthday's to your little miracle!

Raining cats and dogs here but happy it's not snow. Got everything done yesterday so I don't have to leave the house today and with BF off to work on a side job, I have the whole day to myself! Yippee! Put chicken, rice, salsa, chicken broth, spices and a big fat jalapeno in the crockpot so dinner is in the bag. Thought I'd stop by to say hi on my way to the sewing corner!
                        Wishing you a fun, joyous, wonderful day my quilty peeps!
                        Patti
                        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
                          Morning all!
                          Blondie - what a powerful message in the video you posted. Thank you for sharing it.
                          Cathy - happiest of birthday's to your little miracle!

Raining cats and dogs here but happy it's not snow. Got everything done yesterday so I don't have to leave the house today and with BF off to work on a side job, I have the whole day to myself! Yippee! Put chicken, rice, salsa, chicken broth, spices and a big fat jalapeno in the crockpot so dinner is in the bag. Thought I'd stop by to say hi on my way to the sewing corner!
                          Wishing you a fun, joyous, wonderful day my quilty peeps!
                          Patticakes, that sounds like a great recipe!
                          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Thanks Blondie for the video. It was a gift. Love you, Jan
                            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

just started snowing here, just a few flakes at first, now a mini blizzard. at least it's not the freezing rain they were predicting. I finished hand-sewing the binding on a quilt top I found the other day. i just tied it off instead of quilting it. just wanted it done with. then I switched my machine back to embroidery. I want to make up some embroidered blocks to put in a quilt i'm planning out in my mind. I have a couple other things i could work on but I'm not feeling real ambitious today.
                              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                              X