Middle of Feb, and it's FRIDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Middle of Feb, and it's FRIDAY

I fell in the dark no one around. Could have been a heck of a lot worse. Thanks.

Monique
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by middlesis1966 View Post
      Sandy try kiwi. I was told they are loaded with potassium. Even more then a banana. Just cut them in half and scoop out the yummy goodness with a spoon, yummy. Oh all this talk about kiwis makes me want some, lol. I will put that on the list.
      Another reason for me to book a flight to New Zealand!!!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hey everyone!

It looks like everybody is just waiting for the weekend, and some are starting early! I am trying to clean the house. I have decided that almost 5 and nearly 50 year-olds aren't always the best helpers. I just get things put away and they are all back out again, almost before I get turned around. Oh well. At least stuff is getting dusted and cleaned before the layer of child and husband debris is redistributed over the top of it.

I did get the aardvarks done and one is burrowed in a box waiting to be released from the birthday wrap on Sunday. The other is perched in the sewing room shelves. I'll get photos posted after Em opens hers on Sunday. I love them!

Well, back to cleaning. Then we are making a run to the library & to the store. I'm going to buy the cake mixes for Em's birthday cupcakes. I thought about making them from scratch, but at $1 a box, I can't beat the convenience. She LOVES to bake and will have a great time helping to make her own birthday treats. We'll have to make a few mini-ones for dessert tonight! I'll have to post the directions for cake cookies. Really easy if you need cookies in a hurry for something.

Have a great day & catch you all later!
        Cathy
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

TGIF - Boy do I agree. I work at a greenhouse and was laid off since Feb 1. Went back to work last week and as much as I love it, I'm stiff and sore . . .. .can't wait for the weekend to get back to quilting. I'm relatively new to quilting. Did a little bit years ago but actually just finished a couple wall quilts and am attempting my first full-size quilt.

I was interested to see someone say that they were cleaning their stash and didn't need anything at the Lancaster Show. A year ago I moved to Peach Bottom (20 miles south of Lancater) and plan to go to the show with my new Amish friends. Actually, they are coming with me.

I love sewing but hadn't done any in awhile since I had become interested in making jewelry. I really like sewing and now, quilting but boy, does it take up more room.

I have to figure out how to arrange things now. Cloth and beads have to share a room.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I am also so very glad that it's Friday.

Is anyone else working on the America The Beautiful quilt from Mcalls Quilting magazine?
          Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
          "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Hi Ladies
            What a nice place to come in after a long day and pleasant dinner. Y'all are just like a pair of roomy, comfy slippers. That's a good thing.

Monique, the pic of your DGD is precious.

Sandy, eat the KIWI. I had forgotten how yummy they are. Stop by on your way to New Zealand and pick me up. Hubbies are optional.

Cathy, you have more energy than a sack full of monkeys. How do you do it all?? I get tired out just reading of one day. You are such a whirlwind of blessings.

Shauna, you gave me such a giggle. My grannies always used verbage that was quaint to me and I would never get away with some of it today. One used to say, "Today I feel quite gay". That meant she was really happy. My other one used to say, "First you say it and then you step in it" I think you can figure out what she meant. LOL.
            Love the pecker/nose reference. Perhaps will say that to someone soon just to see their reaction, lol. I am b-a-a-a-d-d-d

I have to find that magazine (BHG) to look at that quilt again. I always have the best intentions but anything Americana draws me like a moth to a flame.

Patti, I don't know if the moon has anything to do with anything but I have folks that swear by it and as long as they come in, fine. From what one of my grannies used to say, it would depend on what month/sign of the full moon. And my daddy always cut his wood by the sign of the moon so it would be sturdy but lighter. Had to do with the sap. Still, it is worth a try. If you are on meds, it affects your hair and if you need to be on meds it can affect your hair. I always check my hair folks for obvious signs of thyroid, diabetes but tell your BF it is perfectly NORMAL to shed about 100 strands of hair a day. For some folks, they shed way more than that. You might find that taking some Biotin will help you too. That really does help hair to grow faster and with one client of mine on it, it has helped restore some hair loss she had due to surgery/anesthesia. Very traumatic but she is coming back strong.

Off to snuggle with my big old hubs. I crashed last night so early that he thought I was dead. I know I am leaving someone out, no disrespect or slights intended. Just remember, oatmeal is in my brain or perhaps swiss cheese.

Blessings to everyone.

Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Sandy, there is a lot of Potassium in potatoes, so maybe that could help?

What a day! I'm glad it's over, and I'm so tired, but I wanted to stop by. Off to work tomorrow and then family and church day! Yay! Hopefully it can be a nap day, too?!
              Lin

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                What a nice place to come in after a long day and pleasant dinner. Y'all are just like a pair of roomy, comfy slippers. That's a good thing.

My grannies always used verbage that was quaint to me and I would never get away with some of it today. One used to say, "Today I feel quite gay". That meant she was really happy. My other one used to say, "First you say it and then you step in it" I think you can figure out what she meant.

Blondie - I've always told my sweetie's family that I couldn't get rid of him because he was like an old comfortable pair of shoes.

One of my mother's best friends used to say "Well, my stars and garters." I'm sure there are others that will come to me after I post this. Love some of those old sayings.

Comment

Originally posted by Onetiredmomma View Post
                  Sandy, there is a lot of Potassium in potatoes, so maybe that could help?
                  Just finished a big bowl of 'cauldo' - a potato soup that my husband's Colombian relatives passed to me - pretty much like regular potato soup but you poach eggs in it and serve with fresh cilantro and corn chips. Yummy. I could eat potatoes every day so have to watch myself. They are just about the only vegetable that I have to put salt on . . . not good.

Comment

"Stars and garters"...cauldo! Salty potatoes! Sandy I am movin' in with you!!

Blondie - Even tho I lose at least a 100 hairs a day and they all find there way into my bathroom sink, (thank goodness BF is a plumber!) I still have tons of thin, fine hair. Not even a notion to try to grow more only trying to grow it longer. For some reason I want to have long hair again before I am 60! Through genes from my father's family, I look younger than I am so maybe I will even try pig tails...LOL...just kidding. The Pippy Longstocking look is not for me.

My brother is texting me like a madman tonight. I just visited him and my sis in law in Florida and he says maybe because he is getting older he just wishes I was closer to him. Gosh, brings me to tears because if it wasn't for my BF I would have no reason to stay here and would move in a flash! I will give it up to the good Lord to handle as he sees fit.

So happy that I got my swap blocks off in the mail today and tonight I cut up several pairs of old jeans for a rag quilt for my DD and her dog, Max, that I am working on in my head! Can wait to sew on it!

Off to check some blogs...have a good evening and I'll see ya in the am!
                    Patti
                    Patti
                    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Working...
                    X