Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Hog Day !

Good Morning!
    Still dark thirty here; waiting for the sun to rise and wait for Phil. I betcha there's a lot of folks just a waitin' for him to poke his head out!

Patti, I hope you are okay and NOT going to work today! Good grief, y'all are some hardy folks to get out in blizzards. I say if you can be safe, go for it; Luscious Larry says, it must be all that snow that makes folks do crazy things like trying to go to work . . .

Sandy, and the rest of our blizzard hit sisters, take advantage of this time to do what you don't normally do!
    So glad all we got is some wind and rain.

Trish, still thinking of Odie. Poor fella has really been through it. Hope he and his new roomie will be getting along okay!

I made 17 blocks yesterday towards one of the quilts I am making for the sisters and their step mom. Since the dresden was so easy that is what I did. Loving my design wall for inspiration. Since their dad's shirts were all plaids, stripes and some solids, it is turning out really scrappy looking and fun. I think they will like it.

Be safe everyone, be warm, be kind to Puxy Phil.
    Last edited by Blondie; February 2, 2011, 03:47 AM. Reason: don't know why I clicked off
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Ground Hog Day !

Blondie since I'm a groundhog I can tell you I didn't see my shadow! Today is my day!!
    We hardly got hit by the storm. They shut schools and some businesses today in anticipation of a bad day and nothing happened. The roads are a little greasy but not a lot of snow or ice. YAY!!! My hubby got called out early and I was afraid he would have trouble with snow and ice. But nope. We got lucky again. I was hoping for the snow to make an appearance and have a nice snow storm for my birthday but it didn't show up. Oh well better luck next time. For those of you who did get hit, sorry, I prayed for it. Wow,Blondie, thats a lot of blocks in one day. Go you! I'm lucky if I get three done. At least the power didn't go off and I can sew today. Love you all, Jan L
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Good morning all. Sorry about everyone in the mid-west getting hit with that horrible storm. We were very lucky in SW PA this morning. the temp here is about 40 degrees. Of course, it won't last long. By noon the temps are supposed to drop drastically and yes, they say more snow. One good thing, Punxetauney Phil didn't see his shadow this morning so bring on SPRING. Hope you all have a wonder day. Be Safe. Elaine
      Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN!!!
        I wish I was sorry that you didn't get snow for your birthday, but it sounds like everybody else got your share! I hope you have a great day and that your power stays on. Maybe that is your gift from Mom Nature!

I was having some pretty strange dreams so, I decided to get up and make my husband his lunch and coffee this morning. I used to do that every morning before I had the baby. Now it is a rare treat for him! If I was really dedicated I'd get started on some sewing project, but I think I'm gonna take an aspirin and go back to bed. I feel that niggling pain behind my eyes that indicate a headache may be approaching. So I'll give it an hour and a half and try again.

You all have a safe day out there in that wild weather.
        Cathy
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning!

Happy Birthday Jan.

There is -15 windchill this morning. I can't believe this weather is in my area. We're used to 50 and 60 degrees most of the time, but its ok. We needed the moisture.

Have a blessed day.

Comment

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHJDAY DEAR FRIEND!

I was surprised to hear that Spring was coming. If I were Phil and they pulled me out of my warm and cozy hole on a day like this, I would have given them another 6 weeks of winter. Of course, the Almanac already told me that Spring is coming early.

Haven't spoken to Odie yet but Ft. Sill, OK is closed today and I heard that all flights out of Dallas are cancelled. Another site said they are on time, so I hope he checks it out before he ventures back to the airport.

He called when he got to his room - sounds terrible. Poor thing. Just want to wrap him up to get him better.

Well, I'll be back later. They phoned at 7 this morning and said school is closed cause of the power outages. Thankfully, we have ous but pray for those that don't. Also, prayers for those that HAVE to be out in this mess no matter where it is - the ones out there helping clearing the roads and tending to accidents. One of them died this morning when she wrecked her vehicle.

I'm sewing again today. Still hope to get those photos taken.

Hugs,
            TJ
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Well, heck Trish if the Almanac says it I'll believe! That Ground Hog is not always the most reliable
              To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Happiest of Birthdays, Jan!

Nothing but rain here in my part of NJ. Warm (39!) temps and rain and cold ground make for fog, though, and it's about impossible to see out there on the roads, took a little longer than usual to get to work today.

Trish, I feel for you and for Odie. Poor guy, I hope he's better soon.

Hope all my quilting sisters (and brothers!) have a wonderful day.
                There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

This is for Jan!!

happy-birthday-cake.jpg

DH decided it would be okay for him to walk to the mailbox - hope he shows up soon as I'm starting to worry. Driveway is about 1/4 mile long . . . oh, there he comes.

I'm hunkered down for the day....

Stay Warm.
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hubby said it was treacherous out there - and he could have rolled down the hill - but drifts are only about 2 foot deep in our driveway. He did say he thought he was NOT going to make it back up the hill. Silly boy for even trying.

Decided to warm myself up with a Captain Morgan spiced mocha. Can't beat that for a coffee cup filler. Wouldn't want to get used to these though.

No special plans for the day. Must get the binding on tia Paz's lap quilt. Putting pieces together for my Dear MIL also . . . I work kinda scattered though, a bit here, a bit there, straighten this up, do this . . . but first . . . Should attend to household chores . . .

We're having GROUND CHUCK for dinner today. Sorry, Jan, sorry Puxy Phil.

Hugs - stay warm.

Comment

Deb,
                      Lucky you! In my part of NJ the trees are coated with ice. I took some pics and may try to post them later. Am NOT going out today!

And Happy Birthday, Jan. Groundhog Day is the day I met my DH, so we always celebrated that as our anniversary. I know the NY groundhog was 'fixed'; the mayor said a couple of days ago that he is the one who makes the call, and he would not call for more winter!

Pat

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Well PTL we didnt lose power last night. There are several family around here that have los power. It is suppose to be even colder in the next few days. please say a prayer of safety for them. I wanted my husband to stay home from work but he wouldnt do it, grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I have 2 more weeks and I get to go back to work, finally. I'm about to pull my hair out. Cant say this mini vaca has been fun filled, but atleast Im cancer free!

Lynn stay safe. I hear its suppose to get nasty soon. I dont know how close you are to it but take care.

Stay safe and warm all. If its warm where you are
                        Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                        PAULA

Comment

Originally posted by middlesis1966 View Post
                          I have 2 more weeks and I get to go back to work, finally. I'm about to pull my hair out. Cant say this mini vaca has been fun filled, but atleast Im cancer free!
                          Paula, I have not been following your story, but I'm pleased you have hair to pull out. I can't imagine anyone wanting to go back to work . . . unless you just really need the money - and most of us do . . . but hope and pray you've felt like quilting while you've been off. Stay inside today and be cozy. Let the men go out in this nasty weather and sit at home wondering why they would bother.

Life is good.

Comment

Hi all. We have our power back, but don't know for how long. It went off at 11 last night and was out all night, I slept in sweatpants and sweatshirt with tons of blankets. All we had was ice, until this morning, that is. Now it's snowing to beat the band. I just got back from town, had an appt. and then stopped at Dr. office to make an appt and they got me in right away, seems I have either a bladder/kidney infection or kidney stone. Labs sent off and won't know much till Friday afternoon or possibly not till Monday. Pain isn't severe at this time, so hopefully it will stay that way.
                            Paula, I sure hope you are feeling better and up to doing some sewing for your last 2 weeks off. I remember seeing that you got a port, have they started chemo?
                            Trish, still praying for Odie and you.
                            Happy Birthday JanLuna!!
                            Hoping everybody has a blessed day!
                            Lola
                            :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Left work this morning to ice everywhere. all the slush that had been on the roads during the day was solid ice. managed to get home OK but it was a challenge. now it's snowing like mad with high winds. we haven't had power go out but many in the area have. nearly half of canton's residents are without power. with the high winds and ice they are expecting more lines down. i don't plan on going out till work tonight.
                              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                              X