Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, Jan29

Howdy do, Ladies

It is going to be a LOVELY day here. I can't wait to come home from work and get some laundry hung out on the line. It seems like an eternity since we've been able to hang out the laundry. Going to be around 50 today and sunny. Yes! I know we still have some winter left, our worst weather is always in February and March as a general rule.

Raising my coffee cup to salute the day with you.

check in later, sweetie pies

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Saturday, Jan29

I was up at 6 Blondie, but didn't want to wake you. Glad you are here now though. It's always a wonderful thing to start the day with a friend and a cup of coffee.

Hanging clothes out - I do that when it's nice too. But, they are calling for snow showers so there is a load in the dryer as I speak and ready to throw another one in the washer. When I made the extra effort to hang the clothes out everytime, I saw a difference in the electric bill. The kids know when it's wash day - whenever it's not raining or snowing!

Well, you should see me sitting here. I have a jelly roll in front of the computer here, a jelly roll book behind me on the sofa, a winter garden panel and snowman panel over at the table to start on today - am I motivated or what! I'm determined to get lots done this year. If ya all check in later, I'll probably be 'over there' taking a nap.

Keeping that phone by my side today - hoping for a phone call from Odie. The hike is over and he should be just waiting for graduation now! Yippee! On to the next phase soon. Sure would like to be able to take that drive down there on Wednesday to see him graduate but it's so far to the southern part of North Carolina that I don't think my boss will like me asking off for work for a few days. Oh well, at least I'll get to talk to him and see him by the end of Spring!

Well, you all have a super day and I'll check in later. Send some of that Spring on up here will you please? My clothes lines are waiting.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Good morning, girls! My first thought was "wow, they're up early!" Then, I remembered you are on the east coast and an hour ahead of us! We love to get up early and spend time in God's Word before any other chores crowd our day, so we start early, too. DH makes my coffee as the dark sky takes on a pink hue just beyond our bare shadowy trees. I love the quiet time!
      Congrats, girls, on laundry already started! Happy Spring-like day to you, Blondie! We are enjoying the same weather here in KC...but you're right, winter still has a few punches before we see the locust.
      Like you, I hope to accomplish much today.
      Blessings and smiles throughout your day!
      Debi

Comment

Good Morning everyone! It's grey and overcast this morning. I'm hoping for sun this afternoon. It's only going to 28 degrees today. Spring is only 6 weeks and 3 days away, or so my inner groundhog tells me.
        I've been working on my blocks for the swap, and they are going together fast. Love this pattern. (grandmothers fan)
        Just wanted to wish you all a great day.
        We missed you yesterday Blondie. Have a great day today.
        Trish and Debi, you have a great day too.
        Hugs to you ladies, Jan L
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Good morning, EVERY one of ya'al. Got up this morning to an absolutely stunning sunrise. Beautiful day - although we're looking for sub-freezing before the day is over.

Didn't make it to Hamilton yesterday. I've been trying to stuff too many things into one day and my old bod just won't take it. Even called off a drop-in visit with my best buddy because I was exhausted from running around all over the countryside. Only bought three pieces of fabric yesterday - from Joann's remnant bin. But, I bought SEVERAL quilting templates and some other accessories/notions. The best find is a Gingher needle threader, the likes of which I have never seen before. It hangs on a ribbon and looks like a glorified nail-clipper at first take. You lay the thread in a little nook, slide the needle in, and push a little lever - and your needle is threaded. Will be fantabulous when hand-quilting. I am totally impressed. They were 40% off and the directions that come with it say it is a "Limited" edition - don't know if that means the presentation/decoration or if they just aren't going to make any more like this. It's the best little needle threader I've ever used.

I have to spend the day preparing some items for sale in our little 'shop' of shops so probably won't get to the sewing room. If I do get there I have some priority mending jobs for others that must be attended to, just so I have room to do my own thing!

Have a Wonderful, Fun-Filled, Productive weekend!
          Last edited by Sandy Navas; January 29, 2011, 08:10 AM.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Good morning! I wasn't up early at all, but I work this weekend and being a 2nd shifter, don't get up any too early on work days. The skies are gray and overcast here too, but it's not quite as cold as it's been lately. I am still quilting on the girly quilt and I need to come up with a better name for it than that! I also got 5 hexagons done last night and they are quite fun to make, I certainly can see myself continuing on with them and using up some of these scraps that are overflowing.
            Trish, sounds like you have a fun day ahead of you with your projects. I sure hope you get that phone call from Odie. I vote to at least ask for the days off to go see graduation, your boss may surprise you!
            Blondie, enjoy your warm day and laundry hanging out sounds marvelous.
            Sandy, sorry you didn't feel up to going to MSQC or your friend's house. The needle threader sounds fun.
            Laurie, prayers are continuing for you and your family.
            Hoping everybody has a great day! Lola
            :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Good morning, all! Been up for a few hours, sat and dozed in the recliner with Spike for a bit, our favorite way to start the day is with a cuddle. Then made real bacon and eggbeaters (I kid you not) for breakfast.

Mike and I decided to lounge around today and do the cleaning and grocery shopping tomorrow. I'm still stubbornly in my jammies and slippers and may stay in them until lunch!

Lola, I admire 2nd shifters, I think it's the hardest shift of all and I've done years of all three.

Working on the binding of my Dresden Plate project. Got the hanging sleeve done last night and the label done a few days ago. Ordered a 2nd charm pack to use as a scrappy binding and got all the pieces stitched and pressed last night. Now to watch Jenny's binding tute one more time before I jump in and try to do a continuous binding.

Wishing you all a wonderful day, and sharing my Spike with you.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by debinmalaga; January 29, 2011, 08:40 AM. Reason: fix typo
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Good morning all. The sun is out and shining. The snow is slowing melting. I saw pussy willow catkins popping out yesterday. It is suppose to snow another 6 inches or so this week, so I am off and out while I can today. Taking my mom to lunch, shopping, errands, etc. She needs a sunny lift and she will adore (I think) the gifts I made her this past week for her birthday! Can't wait to surprise her.

Blondie---I can smell that fresh laundry from here.
                Quiltingtrish---make the snowman--winter will be over soon. Prayers for Odie.Wishing you could attend that graduation for both of you!
                Debi--sounds like your day is off to a wonderful start. Hope you accomplish much.
                Jan---could you speed up that inner ground hog? I am really getting sick of all this snow and cold!
                Sandy---hope you are feeling better soon. Your nifty little needle threader sounds useful. Those needle eyes seem to be shrinking every year.
                Lola---hexagons have always intrigued me, but haven't tried them yet. On my list. Enjoy!

Everyone else----go have a great day----be productive---make memories---have fun. SuzyQue

Comment

Good morning everyone, I was up early this morning too, enjoying a cup of coffee and the next thing I know I see our horses running up the road. My husband forgot to close the fence behind him when he went out to feed them. So...run to get dressed and out the door in the snow trying to help him round them up. (Thank goodness there are only 2). We finally got them back where they belong. It was quite exhilirating (sp?) to be walking through that cold snow. I have a mystery quilt that I never finished and I am hoping to get to that today between laundry and other things. Have a great Saturday everyone. Blondie, you always have the cutest little pictures on your messages. Where do you find them? Elaine
                  Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

Morning Everybody!
                    It sounds like everyone has a busy day planned. I would so love to be able to spend it sewing, but we are off to get another load of hay or two. The yucky part of that is it is raining. I am hoping that we can get the truck through the muddy patch to the barn where the hay is stored. It was kind of slidy yesterday, so we'll see if we can make it now that it has been raining all night.
                    Trish, I do so hope that Odie calls.
                    You all have a productive day. I'm off to make sandwiches for our outing today, and have a bowl of Advil for breakfast. Check in with you all later!
                    Cathy
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

whew....checking in with my last spare moment that I have today...I am on my way out to prep for an awards banquet tonight...

I hope that everyone has a great Saturday...be blessed and joyous for you are blessed and loved...

See you all tomorrow !!!
                      Michele

Comment

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
                        Good morning, all! Been up for a few hours, sat and dozed in the recliner with Spike for a bit, our favorite way to start the day is with a cuddle.
                        Wishing you all a wonderful day, and sharing my Spike with you.
                        Spike is looking up with an expression that says "What do you mean you are going to post my picture on the internet?" Too cute.
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

We are heading off on our vacation today. Trying hard to fight a cold that wants to land in my chest...uggh but I will persevere! I am sure I will go thru quilting withdrawals
                          I know I will miss you guys! Have a great week everyone. Be safe! Talk to you when I get back.

Big Hugs, Shauna
                          sigpic
                          Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
                            Good morning all. The sun is out and shining. The snow is slowing melting. I saw pussy willow catkins popping out yesterday. It is suppose to snow another 6 inches or so this week, so I am off and out while I can today. Taking my mom to lunch, shopping, errands, etc. She needs a sunny lift and she will adore (I think) the gifts I made her this past week for her birthday! Can't wait to surprise her.

Blondie---I can smell that fresh laundry from here.
                            Quiltingtrish---make the snowman--winter will be over soon. Prayers for Odie.Wishing you could attend that graduation for both of you!
                            Debi--sounds like your day is off to a wonderful start. Hope you accomplish much.
                            Jan---could you speed up that inner ground hog? I am really getting sick of all this snow and cold!
                            Sandy---hope you are feeling better soon. Your nifty little needle threader sounds useful. Those needle eyes seem to be shrinking every year.
                            Lola---hexagons have always intrigued me, but haven't tried them yet. On my list. Enjoy!

Everyone else----go have a great day----be productive---make memories---have fun. SuzyQue
                            I would love to hurry my ground hog along but these things take time. Sorry! lol
                            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I got my Chrysalis pack today all I can say is [email protected] it's beautiful. I'm not feeling so well I hope everyone is well. Talk to you all next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X