Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spring came during last weekend

Hi dear,

I want to share with you the picture of our yellow plum (mirabelle) tree in our garden

541811_440330859379037_1863744803_n.jpg

each 3 years it is blooming like this and in the years we have about 200 kilos of fruits from which we cook jam. Last time we had so many fruits, we cooked about 1100 glasses of jam, 2 weeks culling, washing, sorting out, pitting, cooking, bottling, labelling and decorating the screw top with a piece of fabric. And than we give it to our clients as a present.

Re: spring came during last weekend

Beautiful tree! My front yard tree is blooming beautifully. It is an ornamental variety, and the fruits are only edible by thr birds. My mother used to make plum jams and jellies, she used fruits from the park that nobody wanted! She made me be the lookout in case a park ranger came along!

Comment

Beautiful, Renate! Your jam sounds yummy; what a thoughtful gift for your clients! I'll bet they love it.

Comment

It is just beautiful. 2 yrs ago we planted a red cherry plum tree. It is a dwarf plum so it shouldn't be much bigger than 10-12 ft. This year we hope it is big enough to get blossoms and fruit from it. I can't wait.
        Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

What a pretty tree! Sigh, if we ever stop getting show our trees will bloom...
          Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Comment

It sprung here too. My magnolia tree that I got for Mothers Day last year, and my purple plum. Red bud isn't quite picture ready.
            Attached Files
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

What a beautiful tree! Your jam sounds yummy, don't think I've ever had that variety before.
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Your tree is beautiful, Renate! And I love the idea of giving your customers jam as a gift, I bet they love it!

The season we're in here is called Springwinter. So Finland has not 4 but 5 or 6 seasons :P Snow is still to be seen but it's melting so quickly now that you can nearly watch it disappear. Today it had, as promised, 11 degrees! Wow. It would have been great weather just with pullover but I chose to wear a light Spring jacket because of the missing breast. I didn't want to have people staring. I will get my breast thingie soon.

I can't wait for the grass to get green and the flowers to bloom! It will be AWESOME!
                ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ;)) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
                /
                Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

Comment

We're waiting for the Dogwoods to bloom. I love the plum tree, Renate! Marilyn, lucky girl to have a Magnolia tree. I had one a few years back but lost it in an ice storm.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                  X