It's Tuesday Jan 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Tuesday Jan 24th

Good morning friends. I didn't get here yesterday. I got called at 7 to ask if I could work all day instead of the afternoon. So I had to hustle my butt. I was 15 min late which isn't bad at all. I did bring the string quilt with me and got some quilting done.

Hubby has asked if we can go up on the roof and get some snow shoveled off. So I guess that's in the cards for today. And yes, I will be careful. Then hopefully I can get to the sewing room.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning All,

It was phone call day yesterday. Mercy, by the time I finished with the last call, I told the lady how much I appreciated her reassurance and that I was going to go massage my ear so it wouldn't be plastered flat against my head! I felt like I was on the phone all day! So, Mike decided we needed a good dinner! We were at Texas Road House when the doors opened. Double whoot, whoot, I guess I ordered the early bird special, mine was 11 bucks! lol, he made up for it with steak and shrimp! Anyway, I have one more phone call to make to my Credit Union in NC, that I've been a member of for 50+ years. Thanks to being 'real', I'll tell them my pay check from NC Treasury will now have my 'legal first name' on it.... but I don't want to change my name on my accounts. We'll see what they'll want to do with that. sigh

I only managed to get one block of the Jolly Bars done yesterday. I still have 1 big block in the middle column to do. I'm waiting for the "pop" accent. I have to have 4 10" squares, and all of the rest of the golds I've used so far are scraps. I do hope the pop I ordered will go with what I've been using! lol, we'll see when it gets here tomorrow.

Today is donate day! Gina from the Montessori school will be coming to the storage unit to pick up my charts and stuff. I hope they'll be able to use it and enjoy the hours of work in coloring and making the charts beautiful that I put in.

Have a great day! Prayers for those in need, for healing touches, for comfort and peace, for grace and mercy. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Ruthie734
      Ruthie734 commented
      Editing a comment
      How nice of you to donate your materials to a school that can use them. You are still helping kids learn.

• jjkaiser
      jjkaiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I also think it is so good of you to share your materials. Sometimes it's hard to let something go that you worked so hard to develop but there's a teacher out there somewhere who will be so thankful to have them!

Good Morning. I’m still going to say it Monique, Be careful shoveling the roof.❄️ We have a significant snow storm coming tonite.

My doctor appt went okay yesterday. She changed one of my meds and gave me an antibiotic for sinus infection. She also reminded me that three weeks of sickness with Covid isn’t all that long…thanks, Doc! I tried a new decongestant for my head and it seems to be working a bit.

Jeff and I shopped WalMart after the doctor and blew the budget big time yet got very little food. Paper goods, dog supplies and bottled water was a huge chunk of it.

Nothing else new around here yet. I will check in later. 🌸
    Last edited by Bubby; January 24, 2023, 07:24 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Ruthie734
      Ruthie734 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m glad you got some new meds that help, Barb! That Covid just keeps hanging around. I hope Jeff is getting over his too.

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you both are feeling better.

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I think (hope) we are turning the corner, Monique. Truthfully I felt better yesterday. I will take it slow and easy today.

Good morning!

I’m still sitting here amazed at the beautiful wool purses Jean has made and the beautiful DWR quilt Terry has finished. There are some very talented people on this forum. What an inspiration!

I don’t have much time this morning. I have to get a shower early and go to the grocery before I pick up GGS at 9:30. I have put off grocery shopping every day since he left. It is very cold here at 26° this morning. I thought temps were to stay in the 30’s and 40’s this week.

Yesterday I ended up working on more organization in the sewing room. I put fabric in the new bins I bought. I put together another shoe rack. Now I have plenty of room and organized my shoes in my bedroom closet. That’s good because I had ordered 4 new pairs of shoes that came in yesterday. They now have a nice place to stay. Today I will organize my batting. Some is loose and will go in a bin, and the packages will stack on a shelf. I try not to keep much batting on hand since it takes up a lot of space. My yarn stash has really been disappearing fast. I’ve managed to finish most of the knitted throws to give away and have a few left to make for myself.

Have a great day everyone! Monique, I hope you have a lot of sewing time today at work!

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Jean’s wool bags are awesome!

Good Morning

More snow overnight. We got enough that Colin felt justified to start the tractor & blow the driveway. It gives him something to do! It looks like he will do a few of the neighbours as well.

I was able to get some sewing time yesterday & finished the quilting & got binding cut. I have a haircut this morning & hopefully some more sewing. Our power outage yesterday fried the cable box on the main tv. The other 2 are ok. Cable company can’t send someone to fix till tomorrow afternoon. I will make some soup with the leftover beef for Colin next week. I am going to Florida for a week so want to leave him easy to prepare food.

Enjoy your day.
    Mary Lynn Ontario Canada

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I slept better last night; it was a welcome change. We saw the sun for part of the day yest. It's supposed to be only in the 30's today.

Not much to report. Yest. I did 2 loads of laundry, worked more on my Bible study lesson, & delved into the scraps to cut more pieces for the Crayon Box quilt. I have the various sized pieces sorted out. In addition, I cut some 2.5" sq. pieces & some 3.5" squares to make the best use of the scraps. I also started a plastic shoe box of strings, strips that are <2.5". In the eve. I read for a while. Even fell asleep for a while. My recliner is sooo comfy!

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re so industrious, Joy!

Good morning! We are due for a good dump of snow tonight and tomorrow. I talked to my brother and he thinks he will be released from the hospital tomorrow. Great news, except I will be crazy nervous driving down there in a snowstorm!

I got no answers from SS yesterday regarding their saying they are suspending my benefits. Supposedly, a more knowledgeable person will review my situation and get back to me. The girl I talked to knew nothing. Gave me the wrong form to fill out, had no answers for me. Very pleasant but not very helpful.

When I got home, I started pulling papers for doing taxes. That lasted a few hours, and my dining room is cluttered with stacks of files and cast off envelopes. The whole day wore me out, I got a late lunch and retired to the couch.

I am going down to visit my brother, then visit with my Thread Head group, or what is left of them. I want to pick up a tote I left there in case we disband the group. There isn’t much interest any more.

Some comments about the wool purses I shared in the wool post. I love working with wool, especially plaids. We had a forum member some of you might remember, Divine Daisy from the UK. She found a place in Scotland that sold offcutts of kilt wool by the pound. I ordered several lots of them and made many small purses and wallets from it. The fabrics came in strips of various widths. When they make kilts, the tartans are made pleating many yards/meters of wool and to get the proper length, they just tear the yardage at the proper length. The fabric is woven over 60” wide, so they can get 2 kilts from one chunk of fabric. The kilt length is about 25-28” , so there is a narrow strip left over that is torn away from making two kilts. That’s the wool scraps they sold by the pound. I still have a bunch of it, and parse it out sparingly to special projects. TMI, I know, but I get excited working with these gorgeous fabrics. I also love working with scraps of Pendleton wool. Love the gorgeous colors and weaving patterns. I found an outlet that sells off cuts of their wools for a very reasonable cost. Enough about wool.

Hope you have a great day.

Comment

• Ginny B
        Ginny B commented
        Editing a comment
        Jean, that's great that your brother can leave the hospital finally. I may have missed parts of the issue with your social security but our good friend Ray worked for them and he always told us that if we ever got contacted by phone or mail by Social Security, to not call the number they called from or the number on the letter. To call this # :
        1800 772 1213 to make sure it was legitimate. You may have already confirmed that it is real so I apologize if I am reiterating something you have already done. Sadly we lost Ray a few years ago or I would ask him directly for you. I hope you can get this settled quickly.

• Claire Hallman
        Claire Hallman commented
        Editing a comment
        I worked for SSA for years and the only thing that I can think of that could cause them to stop your check is number 1 a report of too much earnings for the upcoming year, doubt that based on your age, number 2 an overpayment being recovered, number 3 an erroneous report of death, there could be other reasons but that's the biggies

• Mary Lynn
        Mary Lynn commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the information about wool. I may think of trying a bag with it even though I’m not a bad maker! Someday when I have nothing else to do!

I’m so happy to hear your brother may be coming home, soon. I’m sorry you couldn’t resolve your SS issue. Hopefully it will be taken care of soon. Jeff starts SS in April and I think he has all his ducks in a row, but you never know.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning all. The sun is shining nicely this morning. We had mostly a drizzly grey day yesterday with a few snow flurries thrown in every once in a while.

Hubby got the results of his MRI yesterday. Hard to figure out the language on the report but it seems there has been a small change in the measurements at the different parts of his aorta since his last mri (which was in 2010) so we aren't sure how big of an issue this is. Parts of the report also used the word "unremarkable" so that seems like a good thing. We will just wait a day or so and see if the doctor calls. If not, we will be calling him for sure. I don't think hubby needs to wait until his next appointment next month to hear what this all means. Even if it is not something to be concerned about at this point, he needs to hear that too so he can stop worrying. And me too.

Yesterday's project was to go through all the cookbooks we have amassed over the years and whittle them down. We have a good stack in the donation pile. Today we will head to the butcher for a few things. Other than that I am not sure what I will get up to. Since it is not raining, I think we will take a walk.

Monique, be careful on that roof! Have a good day everyone.
        Ginny B
        Levittown, NY

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          I love that we can look things up in the portal for clinics but when you at waiting for info it sure would be better if they called you before they posted it. The clinic posted my CT chest scan but didn’t call me and I was in a tizzy because I kind of understood what it said but it made me wonder if they would still do the surgery no finally called them over a week later.

• Mary Lynn
          Mary Lynn commented
          Editing a comment
          I have cleaned out cookbooks with every move we have made (9?). Put a few more in donation box a couple weeks ago. Down to about five books I use regularly & of course when I want something new I find recipes online. Too bad, used to love just looking through books, but they take up a lot of space.

Good morning,

Monique, Careful on the roof today. Have fun in the sewing room!

Jean, Hope your brother is feeling better each day. Prayers of comfort for his recuperation. Be safe on the drive.

Another quiet morning in the sewing room. Ready to sew down the binding on the project. Almost done and hope to post pictures later today. It's been a while since I've had a "finish".

Next up is to prepare the demo for the February meeting at the LQS. Everyone liked the zipper pouches I made for the gift exchange and requested a demo. It will keep me in practice with speaking/presentation skills and pushes the shy me away for a bit.

Time to Stitch! Have a great day!
        A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
        Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Just a quick howdy this morning. Leaving in a few minutes to go and see my mom. There is a Hobby Lobby that I pass on the drive to her house. I think I will make a quick stop. I found some Maryland Terrapin fabric left from when I made my good friends daughter a wedding quilt. They are having a baby boy in a few weeks and I cut up scraps into 5 inch squares yesterday, there will be enough for a falling charms quilt if I find a second fabric to go with it. As I won’t use that fabric for anything else, I will try to get that done in the next few weeks. The red and gold in the fabric are ones I need a fabric swatch to match too - both are slightly odd shades. Hopefully there will be something there - if not I can swing into the local Joanne’s. I did check our local quilt store yesterday but her fabric selection is not huge and nothing was quite the right shade.

Have a great day everyone. And Terry and Jean - I am still drooling over both the quilt and purses you two posted.
          Debbie

Comment

• Lilora
            Lilora commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweet to use fabric from wedding quilt in the baby quilt.

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was a pretty dreary day here but the temps got above freezing. We are supposed to get a light dusting, less than an inch, of snow sometime today/tonight then the temps are supposed to get colder for a bit.

Dave and I got groceries yesterday. I was glad he came with as I was not moving very fast. Glad I had a cart to hang on to. I also did a little work around the house. Really tired me out. Figured it would since I’ve basically done nothing for over 10 days. I’m supposed to go to handbell practice tonight but right now I’m thinking I’m going to stay home. We will see.

No plans other than a few things around the house. Prayers for those in need and wishes for a great day to all.
          Carlie

Comment

• Ruthie734
            Ruthie734 commented
            Editing a comment
            Take it easy, Carlie. If you do too much you will feel bad the next day.

• GuitarGramma
            GuitarGramma commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with Ruthie: Take It Easy! Uterine surgery will fool you into thinking you're fine, then you overdo things, and you're back on the couch for four days. Rest is your friend!

I think yesterday was National Grocery Shopping Day! I never saw so many people in the stores buying food. After three weeks of me being down we were pretty much out of everything.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Ruthie734
            Ruthie734 commented
            Editing a comment
            I put it off until today, Barb. There weren’t many people because I went early. I sure did have to buy a lot. I just got it all put away and had breakfast and coffee. I was out of creamer for 3 days! That coffee tastes so good!!! When Bentley isn’t here I just eat whatever. I try to cook healthy for him and his Mom on the days I have him. His Mom doesn’t cook. My grandson was the cook.

Good morning Friends! The sun is shining and is doing wonders for how I feel! Working on baby quilts today. We decided to have a baby shower for one of the cowgirls that is due in March, so I need to finish one and do some online shopping for her 🤗. The next few days they are processing cattle, so I will help with meals and housing. Not sure if there will be time to sew. Anyway, hope you are all well and safe (especially if you are shoveling snow off your roof! 🙂). Have a great day!

Comment

Good morning all,
            I stayed tucked under the quilts with temps at 5 degrees. Tossed a few pieces of wood in the stove at 4 am then went back to bed. Now that breakfast and first cup of coffee have been consumed time to get moving in sewing space.
            there is sun shining through the snow covered trees looks so pretty.

Comment

Working...
            X