Monday Morning Hellos - Jan. 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday Morning Hellos - Jan. 23

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Probably someone else is posting at the same time. Another Mon. & 2 loads of laundry to do.

Yest. at church, a young boy came by to look over the organ & seemed very interested in it. I explained one has to use use the foot pedals as well as play on the keys. He's came once before a few weeks ago.
    His parents were with him yest. I asked if he was taking piano lessons & explained that if one plays the piano, he can play the organ, but that's it a different feel to playing. He wanted me to play something. I said I was getting ready to play the prelude & he could watch, which he did, then went to sit down with his parents. Not many play the organ these days. Many churches just have electronic keyboards.

On the way home, I stopped for a few groc. The store was busier than usual. The weather forecast changed; the latest system missed us, which was fine with me. The 5 a.m. radio reporter said this a.m. that with the exception of a couple small areas in SE CO, our entire state is covered in snow, which is unusual. With the cold temps. we're having, it's not going to melt any time soon.

I worked on my Bible study lesson in the afternoon. Still more to do. I didn't do any sewing. In the eve. I re-scanned the channels on our TV. (We have an antenna in the attic &.) I do it so seldom, it took me a while to figure out how to do it. The 2 TBN channels were not coming in; recently the reception has been poor. I was disappointed the signal wasn't strong enough for them to scan in. That means I get no religious programming now. I guess I'll have to watch David Jeremiah on the computer. Disappointing. We get ~50 channels total, but watch only a few. DH likes to watch the reruns on meTV of Adam 12 to see the old cars. Once in a while we watch Andy Griffith.

DH is waiting for breakfast, so I'll check in later.

Good morning Joy -- I posted as well. Someone will combine our daily threads. Our storm last week was a CO low, this week it's coming from Texas.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Good Morning Joy & Everyone,

We got snow last evening and may have gotten more during the nite.

I had a better night with my head congestion but I was bothered by other issues that had me up and down a few times.

I have my Dr appt this afternoon and then stop at WalMart for some food items. We’re out of some necessities. I might get a rotisserie chicken for our dinner.

I’ll check in later. 🌸

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning!
        Today I MUST go grocery shopping. I have put it off all weekend. I just ate what was here. I am now out of so many staples that is necessary to shop before I cook. I have no milk, no eggs, no bread, no butter, no juice, etc. I will go early and get back so I can house clean today.

Yesterday I watched Hallmark movies and finished another chunky throw for my SIL after church. My daughter says he uses hers all the time, so I decided to make him one too. He never asks for anything. I will soon have one made for all of the kids and grandkids. I just have to make one for my DIL and GS yet. Then I can make one for myself and get back to quilting. I never dreamed that I would start something like this when I made myself that chunky throw from a YouTube video one day.

The weather here is remaining mostly in the 40’s. Yesterday it rained and was very gloomy all day. It is still quite cloudy this morning. At leases not snowing or icy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          My butter stash was down -- I found some for $4.49; milk 2litre for 3.99. I keep enough canned goods on hand to survive, but agree, can't do without staples. Apparently you can freeze eggs, if you crack open and freeze separately in ice cube-type trays.

• K. McEuen
          K. McEuen commented
          Editing a comment
          With the list of staples you are out of you may need to stop at the bank for a loan before the store. I was surprised last week when the store I ordered from was out of milk by the time they filled my order. Hubby picked some up later at a different store.

• grammaterry
          grammaterry commented
          Editing a comment
          Everytime I go into the grocer I get sticker shock. Butter was $5.98 a lb last week for Land O lakes. I didn't check the store brand. Eggs here are $7 something for 18 (still a protein bargain) Produce is out of site. Bread was up 30% and a loaf had shrunk from 24 oz to 20 oz so I guess that 30% is more if you factor that in. Good bread was $6.98 a loaf but I decided to make my own. I didn't factor what my ingredients have probably gone up to.

Good morning all. We had a heavy rain storm during the night and it is supposed to rain on and off today. I have a little bit of ironing to do and then hope to hit the sewing room and continue to clean up.

I have a call at 9am for a reference for one of the physicians that worked for me. She has not been happy where she is and this will be a much better fit for her. They called last week while I was at Disney and asked for a half hour. I postponed until today. I can’t imagine it will take a half hour but the middle of Disney didn’t seem like the best place to do it.

I am going to go up to my moms tomorrow, take them out to dinner and spend the night. This will be our “Christmas” as I got sick with that viral thing going around and then screwed up my ankle so haven’t made it up there yet. Planned to go last week but hubby’s cabin fever took precedence.

Have a great day.
        Debbie

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          Cabin fever isn’t such a bad thing. We often do that in the winter.

Good morning all,

I followed the K Brown declutter challenge this year. I have had a clean cutting area for a week and oh boy it does improve my energy when I am in the area. I also cleaned the drawers in a dresser that I retrieved from my Granma's sewing room 25 years ago. Three separate times I put a full length skirt of bright red cotton with yellow and blue flowers clusters on it of into the donation pile. I sent my sister a picture of it telling her about it and wondering what to do with it. I am happy to report that it is in a box to be shipped to my sister. Her daughter wants a harvest apron, the bright red will be the colorful accent for the utility fabric.
        . Hubby has had menu suggestions the last couple of days, I really appreciate his input. It's still up to me to cook and serve it but I don't mind.
        . Today I will clean the floors. Hubby hates the sound of the vacuum cleaner running and the dog has anxious behavior when I'm mopping. Weather is too cold to send them both outside while I clean and round up the dust bunnies.

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          Lil, I think I did day 1 and 2 of the Challenge and had to stop. I will get back to it soon. Our Girls get crazy around the vacuum. Sugar wants to ride it and Maggie attacks it because she thinks it’s attacking me.

• Lilora
          Lilora commented
          Editing a comment
          I did the declutter challenge for the structured prompts. Some areas were 'overlooked ' and I will circle back to them. It's a process 😉

Good morning! Energy was low yesterday, not even enough to log in with you all. So nothing got done, nothing much.
        Except this.

A young mom I met through theatre, who is a musician and music teacher, posted on FB that she was looking for an accordion to add to her musical talents. She does music therapy at nursing homes. I happened to have my accordion that my parents bought for me when I was 10 (70 years ago!). And I was glad to find a new loving home for it. She played around with it for about 30 minutes and I know she will pick it up quickly. It is still in nearly perfect shape, having been stored in climate controlled closets for its entire life. She brought her 9 year old son with her, he was in uterio whenI first met her and worked with her.

2763C84A-DE6F-4F73-ABD8-996B5CCBE8FC.jpg Here we are! I gifted her a classroom drum also. Oh dear, the noise at her house will be unbelievable!

My brother is not showing much improvement. Possible test today to see if something needs correcting in the upper GI area.

I need to go to the SS office to clarify the scary letter they sent last week. Not sure why it says they will not be sending the benefit check this month. Ouch!

Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

• Ruthie734
          Ruthie734 commented
          Editing a comment
          How generous of you to give away the instruments! Everyone sure looks happy in the picture.

I’m so sorry your brother is not progressing as he should. Prayers for his healing.

• Lilora
          Lilora commented
          Editing a comment
          I have my great grandfather's accordion. It is quite small and in need of restoration. Someday....

The only musical instrument I play is the radio
          Last edited by Lilora; January 23, 2023, 09:57 AM.

• K. McEuen
          K. McEuen commented
          Editing a comment
          My mom, who taught piano for spending money while in nursing school, also started with an accordion. It was long gone before I was ever thought of, probably before the oldest came if I know my Dad. Get rid of the noise before the kids find it!

Good morning everyone. It's 6:42 here. Just a quick check in 'cause we're headed to Disneyland! I'll be one pooped senior when the day is over 🤣 We're Disney veterans so know what to expect and have prepared accordingly. I've done my research and have a plan. Woohoo! Disney or bust!
        Michele
        ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          My last trip to Disneyland was 2008. I grew up in Anaheim and my first job was with Disney. Enjoy your adventure.

• K. McEuen
          K. McEuen commented
          Editing a comment
          My last and only trip to Disneyland was either 1961 or 62. I was 3 or 4 and the only thing I remember doing there was riding the teacups! Sometimes I think my family left me there while they went on bigger rides. I was happy with the cups.

Morning friends,

A grey and rainy day here. I was to the grocers early this morning to pick up a few things I need to take with us. Trying to use up everything perishable in the refrigerator before we head down south on Sunday.

I have my small embroidery machine packed up along with the small project I will work on in the evenings. I rarely watch TV so this will keep me busy.

Haven't done much sewing but did start a cute appliqued gnome table runner last week. It will sit on my cutting table till I get back home to finish it.

Not much else going on here. Looking forward to spending some leisurely time down in Pawley's Island and hopefully warm weather. We'll be back March so weather should be getting better here too.

Time for some coffee and then onto the chores. Wishing everyone a good day!

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

• Cathy F
          Cathy F commented
          Editing a comment
          Ruthie, my daughter owns a condo in Pawley's Plantation and gives it to us to use for the winter. This is the first year we are going down for an extended stay to see how we like being down here.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          Enjoy your vacay.

• grammaterry
          grammaterry commented
          Editing a comment
          When the children were little we took one of our few trips to Pawleys island and rented a house. It was a glorious week in a huge house with everyone getting their own room (a real treat for the kids) We tried finding a rental there several more times but the prices went up substantially and we ended up going to Emerald Isle instead. But Pawley's Island has fond memories for me.

Good morning,

It is cloudy and rainy here with a cool front on it's way. I will stay home this morning and work on the binding to finish my project. It shouldn't take long as it is a 20x20 table topper/wall hanging. I will add a sleeve for the option to hang it.

It was a relaxing day watching the football games. Hope your team won!
        A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
        Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Good Morning

Yesterday we had fine gentle snow throughout the day. Today is supposed to be sunny but still lightly snowing. Hasn’t amounted to much yet. Colin went out to scrape driveway & said it is icy underneath so sun would be good to melt the ice. All the trees are coated which is so pretty. Our power went off about 80 this morning. We were concerned that maybe someone had hit a pole & we might be out for awhile but it came back on after 15 minutes. Of course we had to reset clocks, the thermostat & the oven time. I did the oven but when I went to use oven later it was dead. I checked manual & it won’t work if clock hasn’t been set, which I had done. Colin shut breaker off for a few minutes & then I reset clock & the oven worked.

Continued to work at quilting yesterday & had pretty good day. When the bobbin ran out I stopped. Don’t think I’ll get time today, but the end is in site. I found a pattern this morning that I like for next project. Supposed to use a 45 degree triangle ruler of which I only have a small one. I will have to improvise rather than buy another ruler.

Enjoy your day.
          Mary Lynn Ontario Canada

Comment

Some groceries are needed here, too, so a trip to the store later on will happen. If I go by myself I will stop into the thrift store for senior day, if DH goes with me I won't😉🙄. We will be taking the dog to the vet tomorrow, she needs her nails trimmed and she fights us like a tiger but the vet staff has no problems😣 she also has a little growth on her eyelid I want them to check.
            Wednesday I have a lunch date with a quilting neighbor, I think we will add a couple of others so that should be fun.
            Not sure if I mentioned it yesterday but I am ready to lay out my curved log cabin, that's so difficult for me, I think I am angly challenged, too.😊
            The sun is shining though it is chilly, a high of 50 today which seems warm to some but cool to my southern bones.
            I need to get behind the entertainment center and unplug our old internet/tv provider equipment, not looking forward to that but it needs doing.
            I hope everyone keeps improving and has a wonderful week.
            Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

Good Morning All,

I've been on the phone all morning, playing around and not getting anything accomplished. The people that answer don't know how to answer simple question. I'm feeling pretty frustrated. At this point, I don't even want to sew. lol, I'm still on hold for the pelican company to find out where my waterfilters are, they never showed up. I'm tempted to call Dianne and see who did their water filtration system and have this system taken out. That's how frustrated I am! Mercy! Well, the phone is sitting here on speaker playing their tune, so far I've wasted about 30 minutes waiting on hold. I filled out the 'contact us' form and told them they really didn't want me to fill out a survey!

I need to call the eye doctor to see if I can be seen at the place Mike got his glasses. If they can fill out the form for my handicap placard, I'll go there and cancel the other appt at the end of March. We'll see what happens there.

I filled my pill boxes for the next two weeks, and that's one thing accomplished today. I guess that's a start. My white fuzzy coat that Dot gave me is in the washer. I hope the sleeves look better. They were getting grungy. I'll check it before I put it in the dryer.

Gabby had one of her shaking spells yesterday evening. I gave her a nerve pill and pain pill. By bedtime she had stopped shivering and settled in to bed. She slept until after 7 this morning. I heard Mike up before me, that's weird.

Have a great day! Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings. Prayers for those in need, for healing touches, for comfort and peace, for grace and mercy.
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• chelea
                chelea commented
                Editing a comment
                Katrina, is it possible Gabby is in constant pain and that her shaking spells are when it get's unbearable? Our vet told us dogs are experts at hiding their pain.

• KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm sure it's a combination of age and pain. The vet keeps her well stocked and is a phone call away if Gabby needs more meds, because he's yet to find a spot that she'll react to, lol, neither have I.

Hello and good afternoon,

I’m late getting here today. Dave and I went to get groceries. I managed to get through it without too much trouble but was pretty tired when I got everything out away. We stopped at the Mayo Clinic Store so I could talk to someone about my c-pap. The last few months I’ve awakened during the night with a very dry mouth. Then in the last month the app is showing that there are a mask seal issue. Since I just got new masks I didn’t think that would be the problem. Turns out that it is the humidity in the room that may be causing the main issue. I’ve had a c-pap for ver 6 years and I’ve never had a problem with not keeping my mouth closed. What I found was that the pressure from the c-pap was causing my mouth to open just enough so that it would dry out. I will try what the gentleman suggested and turn up the humidity on my machine and I just may put a container of water in the room to help. Hoping this takes care of the issue.

Nothing planned today. Resting right now from my excursion outside but I need to get some lunch as I didn’t have any breakfast. Prayers continuing for Jean’s brother and for those in need. Wishes for an excellent day to all.
              Carlie

Comment

Working...
              X