Mom is at peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom is at peace

Mom passed away gently early this morning. She was more than ready to walk with Jesus and to rejoin my dad and family. I got the call at 2:50 am, and was at her place shortly afterwards. I had said my goodbyes on Sunday as I spent a quiet afternoon playing her favorite music. She did not suffer much longer after she started receiving palliative care on Friday,

I spent the day clearing the remainder of her room. Most of her items were donated to the home for use by other residents. I cancelled cable, phone & contacted funeral home. My daughter came by after the kids were in school, and we loaded personal items. We came home, and the workers were almost done installing the glass doors for our shower. Check that off the list. Next vanity, counter, sink & faucet - hopefully this week. We went for a nice lunch and discussed options for funeral. One thing was an easy pick -- her service and visitation will be on December 8 -- mom was very religious and that is the date of the Immaculate Conception, and 3 months after her birthday, Sept 8 - Virgin Mary.

The date also gives me and family time to regroup and prepare for that day. Tomorrow I will meet with the funeral home to review arrangements. I have drafted obit, which my daughter will review. I did find a few pictures that I want to use or have printed. Mom & dad -- waving us goodbye (I think they were leaving for Portugal & Spain). It's goodbye, until we are all together again.

Mom&Dad_2.jpg

Bathroom is scheduled to be worked on this week.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Suzanne, you have my deepest sympathy. It sounds like your mom was ready to meet Jesus. I love that her birthday was the Feast of the Virgin Mary and she will be buried on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. The picture of your mom and dad is just perfect. They are so cute.

I hope your bathroom project is complete soon. You have enough to deal with, the workers need to have mercy on you and get it done.
    Robin

Comment

Suzanne, my deepest sympathies to you and your family. That picture of your mom and dad is so sweet. (((((Hugs))))) to you as you travel through this difficult time.
      Ginny B
      Levittown, NY

Comment

Embarking on a journey together. Such a nice picture

Comment

So sorry to hear this, and yet so happy to know she is at peace and with family and friends. Our Lord knows when the time is right and calls us then. My prayers are with you and family. It's hard to lose your mother. Mine passed more than 30 years ago.

Comment

I’m sorry. My heart goes out to you.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm thinking of you at this painful time.

I missed your kind spirit.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss, Suzanne. I'm praying for you and your family. May the memories of your mom comfort you and yours. Blessings.

Comment

Sorry for your loss but she is so much happier now. Perfect picture of your parents. Prayers for you and your family. Take care.

Comment

Suzanne, I am sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. I will have you and your family in my prayers. (Hugs)
                    Teresa
                    Pelham, Alabama
                    War Eagle!!!

Comment

Suzanne, my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss! The picture of your parents is so sweet, they look like an adorable couple.

Sending ((((((Hugs)))))) to you all!

I hope your bathroom is completed soon.
                      Maria
                      From Sunny Alberta, Canada

Comment

Suzanne, I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. She lived such a long life and you took such good care of her all these years. I always enjoyed reading your posts about her. My goodness, that's a beautiful picture of your parents.
                        Michele
                        ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

Suzanne my deepest condolences to you and your family. Such a sweet picture of your mom and dad. Hugs to you and strength for the coming days.
                          Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Suzanne, you have my deepest sympathy at the loss of your mom. So glad she will be with dad, walking through the Pearly Gates hand and hand together once again. I realize the significance of the dates of her birthday and funeral Mass being celebrations in the Catholic Church of important feasts of the Blessed Virgin Mary, what a wonderful coincidence. I hope this gentle passing, however difficult for you to lose your mom, can bring you peace in knowing that you cared for her in the most beautiful way.

Comment

Suzanne, my deepest condolences go to you and your family. I’m so glad your Mom passed gently into the arms of her Savior. You took wonderful care of your Mom to the end. May the Lord comfort your heart and give you peace. The picture of your parents is wonderful.
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X