Sad news next door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad news next door

Our neighbor, Paula is under hospice care. Tonight, after her family sees her for the last time, they'll remove the tubes and let her pass peacefully. She's been in really bad shape. Her boss insisted she go to the ER Monday. She ended up having emergency surgery and was taken to ICU. Ricky was in SC to be with his mom during her surgery, which was cancelled. When Paula called him and told him about the surgery, she told him to stay there with his mom. She'd call him when she was out of recovery. Anyway, she didn't fill out the forms so Ricky could be told anything on the phone when she was admited. So they told him she was in surgery then in recovery and that was it. He drove home and went to the hospital the next morning, to find Paula in ICU and hooked up to over a half dozen machines. She has a living will. His mom and friend pulled in a few mintues ago and they've headed back to the hospital.

He already knows he'll have to sell the house. He only works part time at Office Max. Paula was the bread winner. I don't know what he's going to do. He's talking about quitting his job. He's got his own health issues. I know sitting in the house won't help him. Right now he's really over whelmed. Please lift Ricky and Paula in prayer.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

So sorry to hear about your neighbour and their health issues.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Praying for your neighbors & their family as they deal with the passing of Paula. I pray for comfort & a peace that they know they have all made the right decision.
      Texas

Comment

So sorry to hear this. Praying for them both.

Comment

What a sad situation. Prayers for them all.

Comment

Prayers for them and all who care about them. This is such a sad situation.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thoughts & prayers for Paula & Ricky. May her passing be peaceful. Comfort for all the family. It's so hard to say good-bye.

Comment

So many issues he will have to deal with. How old are these folks. DOesn't sound like they are in their golden years. Prayers are on the way.
                success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                Terry of NC

Comment

• KPH
                  KPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Terry, I'm not sure how old they actually are, but I'd guess in their upper 50s. Both have been morbidly obese for years. Ricky had a heart attack a couple of years ago. Paula switched to working at home during covid, but she'd reached the point where she wouldn't leave the house, either.

Prayers for Ricky and Paula and their family.
                Ginny B
                Levittown, NY

Comment

Prayers for the family. Sad.
                  Karen
                  Spring, TX

Comment

Prayers for Paula and Ricky.
                    A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
                    Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Prayers for them.

Retha

Comment

Working...
                      X