Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Thursday

thursday funny.jpg
    Good morning friends. I hope you have had a good laugh at this morning's cartoon. It made me laugh.

I think Winter finally decided to show up. It snowed yesterday and it snowed again last night. My car isn't fixed yet, hoping for tomorrow. And now they want me to work the next 4 weeks, 3 days 1 week, 2 days x 2 weeks and 1 day the last week. I told her if Canada Post wants to rent me a car, I will, LOL!! Hubby will drive me to work this morning because Doug has an appointment in Ottawa. I will get a drive home from one of the mail girls tonight. I will pay her in Salsa, lol!! She lives about 15 minutes from me so I have taken her up on her offer of a ride. Not sure what I will do for tomorrow.

With my son out of town for work, my future daughter-in-law is also having car trouble. And she is finding is hard with the 2 kids. So we will go and help her next week. I would rather do that than work, lol!! We will wait and see when the car is ready. It is supposed to be back to school next week for kids in Ontario and she will be back to work next week also.

There were no rapid test kits available yesterday at the pharmacy so I will call again this morning to see if they got a shipment. My work days are keeping me very busy. The only time I get to sit down is at lunch. I am so tired when I get home. Can't wait for this week to be over.

Well, that's it for me. Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning monique! Ugh I'm 44 today lol where does the time go! I talked to my yougest yesterday, so dissapionted in my son...I have 5, one of my twins,his wife has covid. They were with the others on sunday and didn't tell anyone they were exposed. Just a facebook message asking for movie info. My son is not picking up his phone. I feel for my others, trying to get tested and figuring out work..I just can't believe they didn't call anyone. Just to be clear they are in OK and Im in NM..no I was not there!!

Today were going out of town for my birthday!! We're going to the mountains. Wish me luck lol
    We're also planning a cruise to CA, I would love tok meet Monique and Suzane!!

I hope evertone has a blassed day!!

Rachel

Comment

• Maria Sews
      Maria Sews
      Maria Sews commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy birthday, Rachel! You have a long way to go before you're considered old! I hope your kids don't all test positive.

• Monique
      Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      aw Rachel, sorry to hear about the kids. I hope they don't get too sick and recover quickly.

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks everyone!! All my sons have covid. I have 3, two have others and they have it too. My oldest in GA has the new strain. He's is vac and in the Army. I talked to him and he's so tired. My youngest daughter got tested ..just waiting. She's supposed to return to college Monday. I hope they all are well!!

Good morning to all y’all ☀️🌸

Monique your toon gave me a laugh…..however I’m not going to try it! Sure hope work flys by this week, your car gets fixed and you’re able to have some “you” time soon!

Rachel, being 44….not bad at all, you’ll eventually be wondering how you got to be 65, and it’ll happen faster than you think! Enjoy you trip outta town today and celebrate your birthday in style! Hope your family doesn’t feel too bad and everyone recovers soon!

Not much going on here. We went shopping at 3 places yesterday. Got enough food for awhile. Sad thing, we need to do more shopping, just different places and not food. I’m hoping DH doesn’t want to go today…..I’d rather sew. We’ll see….

Hope y’all have a most wonderful, blessed, peaceful day! Love, hugs and prayers for so many 💕
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Good morning! My Fitbit is having trouble with time this morning. It showed 6:15 when I got up, but all the other clocks say 5:15. Now I’ve got to figure out how to set the time back. I have already made my coffee and started drinking it or I would have stayed in bed. The dogs are back asleep on my lap.
      Monique, I hope they get your car repaired soon. It’s hard to juggle around different ways to get to and from work, Especially in the bad weather. Of course it’s a good excuse to say I can’t come in to work. Rachel, I hope the kids have mild Covid! It seems to be getting everyone these days. My son got over it in a week, but it was pretty bad that week with fever and bad sore throat. He has had 2 vaccines and was scheduled to have the 3rd one Saturday. He will have to reschedule that sometime. I don’t know how long you have to wait. His wife tested positive yesterday. She has had 3 vaccines. He said hers was mild with no fever.
      My daughter seems to be doing well after the stroke. She thinks they will let her go home from the hospital today after one more test. I sure hope she will be ok. It’s been hard to not be there with her, but she insisted I not come to the hospital with Covid so bad right now.
      I’m going to go sew for a while before I have to get ready and go take the dogs to the vet. After that, I pick up GGS and keep him this afternoon. Have a great day!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad that your daughter will be well enough to go home. It must be hard, but so important to stay away for now.

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        Scientists are saying Omicron is the virus's way of getting around the shots. I think we'll see more mutations in the future as the shots are "updated".

Good morning!

We're having a heat wave today -- we may see temps around 40 this afternoon. Break out the flip flops and the shorts! Just kidding -- although it always amazes me when I see people dressed that way and I'm still shivering in my winter coat. Colder temps are on the way and there is snow in the forecast (maybe) for next week.

Work is crazy right now! It usually isn't this bad but I think being remote last week threw everyone off. One of the departments made a bunch of last minute changes to their schedule and it created a lot of havoc. We had our campus day yesterday. We have one before the start of the fall and spring semesters. It's basically a mandatory employee day with workshops. The boss was giving her updates and gave a shout out to my co-worker and me for the extra work we've been doing as we're short-staffed. I would have appreciated the kudos more if she had gotten my name right. It is really starting to annoy me that she keeps referring to me as Julia. My name is not now, never has been, Julia. It is Julie with an E. She worked with a Julia for several years, so I understand where the slip comes from...I just don't appreciate it when it happens. Who wants to work for a boss who can't get their name right?

I went to see Mom yesterday and she was not interested. She told me her brother was in the basement and I could talk to him. She didn't believe me when I told her I was there to see her. LOL. She has gotten really good maneuvering in her wheelchair, though. She grabs the railing on the wall and away she goes. The hospice nurse called because they want to put Mom on a low dose anti-anxiety medication. She has been getting anxiety attacks more often. I said that was fine as long as it didn't turn her into a zombie.

I am off work today. My sister has a routine medical procedure this morning and needs a designated driver. I took the whole day off because I wasn't sure what kind of shape she will be in afterwards. I don't know if I can drop her off at home or if she will need supervision. I'm hoping I can drop her off so I can spend some time in the sewing room.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        You would be surprised how many people here do that- when others are bundled up in tuques, mitts and winter parkas.

Good morning,

A quick hello and then off to my office for a phone installation and equipment upgrade. I don't know if it will happen today or not. Usually there are text messages to confirm appointment. Text messages came in but they were for our personal phone accounts requesting log-in. We haven't done any updates to them so it was considered a spam text.

Hopefully, technician can finish by 12:30 or I'm kicking him out. LOL! Hair appointment is scheduled and confirmed for this afternoon. I thought for a few days that it was on Tuesday but remembered the stylist didn't have any appointments available.

There is a sweetheart of a gnome panel that came in at the LQS. Pretty pinks and hearts. I may attempt that one. The owner gave me a bright tropical flamingo panel at out meeting. So have that one to play with and quilt.

Hope your day is wonderful!
      A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
      Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

sympathy for one car families. I've been one now since we came back to the mountains and it matters not whether we bring DH's truck or mine...when there is only one it is DH's. hummp. Eye doctor follow up today and he has errands to run so he will drop me off...hummmmph.
        Love the cartoon.
        Julie, sorry about your mom. And Rachel, I had no idea you were just a kid. Happy birthday.
        Doesn't seem like the shot is making much difference in whether people get the "new flu" or not. Just live life and love life and do what you need to do. Just don't fear life so much that you miss life.
        Yesterday DH volunteered to iron all the HST's to the dark side. I had done half of them but there he stood patiently ironing while I cut them apart . He said he was glad to help me with the boring part. Sweet guy.
        So I began laying them out on the kitchen floor because the sewing room is too cold and the design wall was out of reach. I can't figure out how to assemble them assembly line fashion so it is one by one. I had an idea and tried it but ended up getting them backwards so had to rip them out so one of a time is faster than that. ha ha. I made 400 hst's but think I'm going to need more. I need to cut and make them before I do many more so that the prints will be mixed up some. I don't have any more of the same fabric but think I can find some scraps that are of the same color hue. Otherwise this quilt looks like it will come out about 80 inches which is too small for a bed.
        Need to take a bath and get ready to go out...you know...lots of DH errands to run before my appointment. Weatherman is trying to scare us about the snow coming on Sunday.
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

Good morning! Beautiful weather yesterday, but icky cold snowy icy is in the forecast! We’ll see how that pans out.

I got my new washer and dryer combo delivered yesterday. I had forgotten to order pedestals with them, luckily the ones off my old ones fit these. They sure are pretty! My 3rd set of Maytags, the first set lasted 23 years, through babies and the bulk of kid raising. Wonder if these will last as long.

8F05CA44-4CC6-47F9-87F9-6FF94F591D6B.jpg Purty!

when they moved the old set, there was quite a pile of stuff that had fallen back there. One thing that was found was a long lost costume police hat that I couldn’t figure out where it had gone! Mystery solved! And just int time, the next 3 shows I am costuming require police uniforms!

Then I went fabric shopping. I needed backing for the camp quilts and figured the wide backing from Hobby Lobby could do two quilts with one length of yardAge. This is the week that fabric is on sale. I also bought some Minky backing for a customer quilt. My brother had given me a gift card to what I understood to be Jackman’s Fabric, which is one of our very nicest LQSs. So I went there first and found some lovely things. When I presented my very generic gift card, the clerk said, this is from JoAnns, not Jackman’s! Either my brother told me wrong or I heard what I wanted to hear! Oh well, we’re both getting older! Too bad I got mixed up because I had just been to JoAnns a few days ago.

I need to make burp cloths and baby bibs for my customer who I made the memory baby blanket for in December.. Again, using ugly fabrics, so I am not inspired and have been putting it off.

Hope you have a great day!

Comment

• BethB
            BethB
            BethB commented
            Editing a comment
            When I moved to my current house, I purchased the LG washer and dryer . . . mainly because I liked the way the dryer door opens in 2 directions. I bought it on a Black Friday deal and was able to get a dark stainless for the same price as the white, I thought, why not. They are acceptable but at times I wish I had gotten the Maytag set that I was my other choice. I also got the top load washer. I keep a set of tongs by the washer to get the small stuff I can't reach at times.

• jjkaiser
            jjkaiser
            jjkaiser commented
            Editing a comment
            I love new appliances! I guess I am getting old getting excited over something like that! Yours are very pretty and I hope they last forever!

• Bubby
            Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine are Whirlpool Cabrio High Efficiency. I’ve had them about nine years and love them for their huge capacity for washing and drying quilts.

Good Morning all,

The last few days have been really nice. We got to 43 on Tuesday and 45 yesterday. We are supposed to be in the 30’s again today. Tomorrow we are in a winter storm advisory. Glad that I won’t have to go anywhere tomorrow. Today I will be going to Jennifer’s to sit with Carson while Jennifer and Chuck go to Rochester for her eye check up. Makayla will have left for school just before I get there and Natalie always has in person school. Hopefully the doctor won’t be too far behind and they can get back to the house by around 4. Not holding my breathe though. This guy is always behind in his appointments.

Dave was not able to get the fridge and stove back in the kitchen yesterday. Since I’m going to be gone he probably won’t be doing a lot in the floor today. His knee is very sore so I told him to rest for today and I’ll help him tomorrow. Not sure if he will listen to me or not. He might do a little but I’m hoping he just takes it easy.

Prayers for those in need and wishes for a great day.
          Carlie

Comment

Good Morning. Yesterday was a mellow day. I got some housework done and I found some spaghetti in the freezer for our dinner. I even squeezed in a nap.

I need to buy a few groceries. I hear that our local store has a lot of bare shelves. I’ve been avoiding going to Walmart due to the crowds and Covid kicking up.

Monique, hopefully it won’t take much longer for your vehicle to be repaired. I know how inconvenient it is having to borrow a vehicle.

I need to get moving and start my day. Wishing everyone a safe and productive day.

Huggers….🌸

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning All,

Yesterday, I was lazy, played on my computer most of the day. I'm surprised I slept. I did work with the younger kids on adjectives. They're about sick of them. I hope they don't call back today. There are so many better ways to do adjectives, but I'm not there and keeping their attention on a duo call is Hard! I can't imagine how teachers had class with a whole group of kids and kept them engaged.

Mike's off today, he's planning to do laundry. He's wanting a new mattress. Not sure what he'll buy. A queen is cheaper than a full size bed, which is what he has. He's using my mom and dad's bedroom suite. Beds are expensive! Even a smaller bed like he has. Not sure what he's going to do, lol, but I'm sure it will involve saving up!

Prayers for those in need, for healing touches, for peace and comfort in times of loss, for grace and mercy. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

PS. Oh my, I was blessed! Howard always said, when he came home he wanted to sit down. I never had to worry about the seat up!
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                Jean Sewing Machine
                Jean Sewing Machine commented
                Editing a comment
                Katrina, I see what you mean! Can’t say I dwelled much on parts of speech during my 11 years teaching first grade. We were into “whole language” then, just let it flow, whatever they got down on paper was celebrated! Guess the pendulum has swung toward more analytic approach to writing! Thank you, achievement tests with accountability consequences if all the answers aren’t exactly what we’re expected! Whoops, get off your soapbox, Jean!

• KPH
                KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                Jean, I had so much fun with adjective work in my classroom. It was all manipulative.

I especially loved the Detective Adjective Game. A box full of triangles,(with labels) and you had to find the triangle I'd picked. It was a fun game. The set up was, picking up one of the triangles and pretending to listen, telling the kiddos, one of these triangles had committed a crime. Their job was to choose the guilty triangle. (thus the detective) Only once did the kid pick the triangle I'd picked first. The large, blue, right angled, isosceles triangle. out 72 he picked the one. I dropped my head, he'd won! It was spectacular, his joy!

• BethB
                BethB
                BethB commented
                Editing a comment
                Katrina, I know what you mean teaching on line. I am so glad I am retired and no longer in the classroom. The district I was in is still doing virtual this week. From about September, 2020 to March 2021, I worked on reading with my grandson on the computer. He was in first grade and very active. It was so hard to keep him engaged all the time. He wore me out just about every day!!!

Nancy

Good morning. Big plans for today include getting a covid test. No appointments available yesterday, and today I have to go about 20 miles to get one. I don't have any symptoms but feel I need to test after being exposed, since I have volunteer assignments for marathon weekend the next few days.

Tonight I am meeting a friend for cocktails so I can deliver her tutu. I have made it to age 65 without wearing a tutu, and am now doing so as part of the cheer squad for the marathon. The runners should be able to spot us with royal blue tutus and lime green shirts! Not sure what else the day will bring.
              Karen
              Spring, TX

Comment

• KPH
                KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a friend, art teacher in an elementary school, that wears tutus all the time. She's moved from the elastic waisted, to adding diamonds of tulle to the bottoms of long tee shirts. She's front line on car pool duty. They always know which one to call- Ms Fitz the tutu lady. A grandmother in the carpool line made her a new shirt, with the tulle around the top, like a cape. I can't wait to see a picture of her in that outfit!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely want to see you in a tutu. Since I'm 65 too, maybe this will start of fun fashion trend.

• jjkaiser
                jjkaiser
                jjkaiser commented
                Editing a comment
                Just be prepared. My daughter was under the weather so went to a community testing site (she is in Illinois). They took two samples, one for a rapid test the other for pca they sent to the lab. Rapid test was negative. She was sick for a week. Eiggt days later she got pca results, positive for covid. (The lab was backed up with so many ppl wanting tests.) By then she was completely recovered but her three kids (2,6 & 8) and live in boyfriend now all have covid. Their symptoms are mild tho mostly fever and headache and fatigue.

Good morning. The sun is shining but it is still cold. I heard something about possible snow again in a few days but I'm not sure if will hit us. Maybe just rain here.

Yesterday was a lay low day for me. Something upset my stomach on Tuesday night so I didn't sleep much that night so I just sort of lay around all day yesterday. No energy to do much. I had a project in mind to work on while hubby was in Brooklyn but that didn't happen. Just a couple of little things got done. Today should be more productive.

Monique, I hope your car gets fixed soon. Juggling transportation can be a challenge for sure.

Have a good day everyone. He well. Stay safe.
              Ginny B
              Levittown, NY

Comment

Went to the ortho dr yesterday and I guess my weight loss and walking has paid off. He said he thinks I can wait for knee replacement. He did a cortisone shot since it had been more than 10 years since my last and I’ve had good response before. He also told me I should have my hip replacement xrayed every 5 yrs and it’s more than 10 yrs old. Oh well, either my dr then didn’t tell me or I forgot so next time I see this new dr he will take a look.
              My daughter thinks the schools will announce soon everyone back to online learning. Sure hope she doesn’t ask me to help again. The girls are fine on their own, 7th and 9th grades but the boys need supervision, 2nd and 5th grades. She and her hubby both work full time but mostly from home.
              Weather was beautiful yesterday, upper 50s and we had a long walk but looks like it will be rain today.
              Vernona (Beaverton OR)

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'm actually getting here before lunch today! No pressing needs this morning, so I had some extra time. The sun is shining. It was a frosty 28*; it may warm up to almost 60, then it's supposed to get colder again. I plan to change the sheets on DH's bed. Maybe it will be warm enough to hang the pillows outside to air. Even though he's not able to sleep in his bed right now, it was time for the sheets to be changed. I just haven't had the time (I wonder why?!), plus I was waiting for my knees to not hurt quite so bad. I think I feel up to it today. Each day since those shots last Fri., my knees are just a little bit better. I actually did 5 min. on the bike peddler yest.

Got the bread baked yest. & lots of little things done. I watched Misty's latest show yest. eve. as well as some other videos on YT. My eve. activities have been altered with DH sleeping in his chair. I'm thinking maybe I could go to the bsmt. & do a little sewing for ~1 hr. each eve.

My gr. dau. in TX is miserably sick now. Probably got COVID from her husb. He's feeling much better & wanting to get back to work. She tested neg. a few days ago, but that was before she developed symptoms. I'm hoping & praying she will be okay & the boys don't get sick. My gr. son in MD, his wife, & their renter all had a mild case & are better; they're just waiting out their quarantine time. Several people at my church have tested (+). I plan to stay home from church all the rest of this mo. -- to avoid the virus, as well as to be here for DH.

Comment

Working...
                X