Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Wednesday!!

index.jpg

I won't be sorry when the week is over, that is for sure. For a small post office, it sure is busy. Working in a small office you are sometimes able to go the extra extra mile for some clients. I did that yesterday. Found out late that the local pharmacy was handing out rapid test kits. They were all gone by the time I called. I am hoping they get another shipment this morning, as I will call early. We shall see. I think Canada Post should be supplying us with those.

My poor car is sick!!! It started fine in the cold yesterday. Stopped at the corner store to see hubby (his coffee place) and noticed there was a light on the dash that I have never seen. Not to worry it was yellow. Ok, back up to leave, no power steering. Uh oh!! Get hubby again, nope not going anywhere. So I rush over to Doug's, thankfully he was up as he is usually sleeping at that hour, and borrow his car. Still made it work in plenty of time and I also had extra help sorting the mail. So the car is at the garage waiting for a part, something to do with the steering column again. I hope it doesn't take too long to fix. So I will be using Doug's car for the next day or so.

It's only -10C this morning. Tshirt weather, lol!! Well not quite but a big change from the -36C yesterday. It's no wonder people are sick.

Well that's it for me. I need to get a sympathy card in the mail today. Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning to all ☀️

So sad Monique about your sick car. I too hope it’s an easy fix. So thankful it happened when it did and you were able to get another ride!
    Its warmed up here too, although it’s a whole lot warmer here than where you are. I think we’re to warm up and then bet cold and then some snow…… ❄️

We didn’t go anywhere yesterday, decided it can all wait until today. No point in driving among the crazies. I did get some sewing done, made a mistake….an easy fix. If I could only read….!

Hope everyone has a safe, blessed and peaceful day. Hoping you can stay warm too! 🌸
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Good Morning All,
      It was an unusual day yesterday. Well, busy anyway. Talked to Jim for a while, he's stuffy. They're looking for their next hospital. Morgan's contract is up 2/5 and staying in IN isn't an option. lol, He's ready to move.

Got a call from Greg, the bug guy. He came and sprayed. I asked him about where to put a storage shed in the back yard. He said exactly what I was thinking, but I'd have to wait until the powers that be tell me how much of my back yard they're buying. So that didn't help much. I ordered groceries, and got those put away. Only one thing was missed, I reported that and it's being credited back to my card. No big deal, I really didn't need a box of Ritz crackers. After all of that, I managed to get two of the small projects from the Advent box done. I made the small cushion and pin cushion. That pretty much did in my polyfil bag. There are several other projects to do, while I'm figuring out the next quilt. I have the fabrics, no pattern in mind! Such a strange order of business for me. Normally, I have a pattern in mind when I buy fabric.

Mike and I went for pizza for dinner. Not sure if the place was sold, or change of management. It wasn't busy, delicious as always, but signs up all over the place. Two about getting water cups and then getting sodas being stealing. New year's hours still up on the door, stickers on the glass so you couldn't see the making of your pizza. Thank goodness the pizzas were great! That thin crust was so crispy! Yum!

Time to get dressed and get busy. Kids will be calling for lessons soon. Take care and have a great day! Prayers for those in need, for healing touches, for peace and comfort in time of loss, for mercy and grace. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw part of a news story last night, where they will hire trained nurses from other countries. Not sure if these are residents who haven't met the licensing here, or what. We are getting desperate in many areas. Not a place though where you would want to live in a trailer in the winter.

Good Morning all. Loved the daily cartoon picture. Today supposed to be very warm and probably be a good day to do a quick mow/weed wack job on front yard. Picked up Rx yesterday for a month supply of blood thinner, OMG sticker shock. Think one more refill and that deductible will be met. But come June if all goes well I get to come off of it.

Hit a snag (mental?) on the little suitcase construction... trying to figure out a work around. Is there a way to avoid hand sewing in a lining? Shall ponder it for a day or so and then back to the sewing match! I think it will come down to hand sew or bias tape to cover raw edges. Hmmmm????

Guess I will pour another cup of coffee and get on with my morning. Hope all stay safe and warm today!

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Well thank God for my trusted 'cat alarm'. I would have slept right through. Yesterday, we were the coldest capital in the WORLD. Yup, well this gal didn't go out, didn't even peep out the door. I spent most of the day in the sewing room. I pressed some blocks and put together a big panel block of Peter Pan, added two borders during my guild zoom meeting. I also attached and machine sewed the binding on a VQC quilt. I have 2 to drop off today, and pick up more to quilt on LA. I did a dance while feeding the cats last night, one got behind my foot, stepped on his tail, both cats went flying out the room. I did the twist across the kitchen floor, spilled the water in their bowl all over. I was in pain when I went to bed, and I'm hoping I didn't do any more damage. Gheez Louise -- can I keep myself in one piece.

Today I'm going to Dorothy's place. We will cut kits for our VQC group. We had made what we thought could carry us until April, but the ladies have been taking home 1-3 kits / mth and making them at home. They pick up more and drop off the other tops. In January we had 9 tops, that was slow, because a lot didn't sew in December. It will be a fun day, which we will do a few more days in next few weeks. We were supposed to go to reatreat next week -- but alas, you know this has been cancelled. Figuring out the new set up from Bell for emails -- not friendly -- cut me off my zoom guild meeting twice last night. The shop of the month sells threads, mostly Glide. She offered a discount, so I will check my stock.

Enjoy your day -- stay safe, stay warm.

Monique - I hope you can get your car fixed. Nothing worse than to be stranded, especially in these cold winter months. So what do you think about your Premier imposing additional tax on health for the unvaccinated? It did seem to get some people vaccinated, when they said they would require proof to enter the liquor stores.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Monique
          Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          Suzanne, I personally think it's a good idea. If you are sick with covid, you haven't been vaccinated, and you need to be in hospital, then you will need to pay a health contribution. Liqour stores and pot shops need proof of vaccination. It's mostly the unvaccinated that are in hospital right now in Quebec.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Editing a comment
          Jean -- there are about 10 groups in our city. Ours has about 15-20 members, and there are about 8-10 who sew tops. I quilt our group's tops only, as does another member who bought an Amara last year. This keeps us busy enough. We did inherit about 40 tops from another group who folded during the pandemic. These are gorgeous, and we are working at quilting these. We often get requests from other groups, but we can't furnish. This is volunteer, and we don't want this to be a job.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Editing a comment
          Jean -- having said the above comment -- the Ottawa branch did receive an Amara (no prostitcher) from a neighboring group that did a fundraiser. I dont know why but they chose not to keep in their area. Sadly with restrictions, no one has been using it. A few of us have volunteered to teach members who are interested in quilting tops. I think there are another 75 tops waiting to be finished. Hopefully that will happen.

Good morning! Got a delivery message from my washing machine delivery guys, I’m the last delivery of the day, which is good for me, because I need to do some cleaning and moving stuff, and I was too pooped yesterday after my Thread HeaD session to do anything.

I had 5 Thread Heads working yesterday. 3 of the ladies got all of their Fat Friday blocks finished. One got about 4 done, but my poor newbie only got one block finished. She ripped and ripped and continually got confused about how to sew the block. But she persisted! I was thinking of the movie Finding Nemo, where Dorrie tells Nemo “Just keep swimming”! Isn’t this a mantra for us all? Just keep swimming! Move forward, don’t give up! It certainly applies to my beginning sewists!

Hope you have a great day! Hope I can sew a little as well as clean while waiting for my washer delivery.

Comment

Good morning. Today was supposed to be my sew day for one of the bees I joined. Well yesterday, my sister let me know that her DIL's m I there tested positive yesterday. Of course, I was around her on Friday, 4 days before. So, I will stay home today as a precaution. I'm torn as to whether I need to get tested. I guess I will see if I can make an appointment.

I did meet a lady yesterday who has a 10 needle embroidery machine similar to mom's. She offered to let me come over and watch her operate it. I am so intimidated by the machine, I think I will take her up on the offer. As for today, I will finish putting all the shower stuff away, and find something to sew.
          Karen
          Spring, TX

Comment

Monique, I hope your car gets repaired soon. At those cold temps you are having, I’m surprised the car can even start!

I made it through the day better than I thought yesterday with less than 4 hours sleep. I got 8.5 hours last night, so I feel much better today. They are keeping my daughter in the hospital for a couple of days for observation. They determined she did have a stroke but a mild one. They think it was a blood clot from either Covid or the surgery she had a month and a half ago. She is 48 years old. I’m glad she seems to be ok. She thinks she will come home today.

I got all of my strips sewn together yesterday for my scrap quilt and will cut those blocks this morning. Next I have to decide on what color background strips I need to use. I have really enjoyed working on that. I ran by the LQS yesterday to pick up the stabilizer for the T-shirt quilts. I will start that now that I have the stabilizer. I’m going to watch a video on T-shirt quilts before I start that project. I have never done one before.

I went to the dermatologist yesterday. She froze a place on my cheek and biopsied a place on my ear. She thinks the ear will require surgery. They do something called MOHS. It was quick and easy. This was a new doctor since my old one retired last year. She said she had seen a lot of his patients. I really liked her.

Warmer temps for my area today. I am glad of that. Have a great day! I’m going to get busy on my scrap quilt.

Comment

• JCY
            JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            DH has had 2 skin cancer surgeries, so I am familiar with the Mohs procedure.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Editing a comment
            It's a good thing your daughter got to the hospital when she did. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers that she has no lasting effects. I'm happy that you like your new dermatologist, and that she caught spots.

Good morning,

DH and I had a fabulous meal last night at the restaurant we recently discovered. Our dinner was yellow tail snapper with a macadamia nut crust, Cheesy potatoes that look like a big muffin and a green salad with a balsamic dressing. Oh my, I ate it all! The weather was chilly on the water so we sat inside. Yes, the heaters were lit with 68 degree weather. We didn't walk the dock as it started to mist and they would get slippery.

I managed to starch and cut the border pieces for the pillow project. There are 2 more blocks to embroider. They can be stitched in one hoop set-up as they are smaller than the others.

It's a slow morning here with a long list of errands for the day. At least, they can done at my own pace. I also need to stop at the office for a while.

Hope your day is great!
          A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
          Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Yesterday I mad a trip to the Columbia employee store to exchange the coat my daughter bought me for Christmas. After only a few wears in the rain it had 3 spots where water was coming through. Hopefully the new one will be better. Also, picked up some rain pants for hubby and me and found some waterproof hiking shoes. We walk every day so that means walking in the rain sometimes.
          I got a text from my son in Asheville NC that his 5 yr old son tested positive yesterday. He is vaccinated but they also have a 3 yr old daughter. So far he only has mild symptoms, please pray for them. Also, my oldest daughter was visiting them Thursday through Saturday so she was probably exposed.
          Vernona (Beaverton OR)

Comment

• Rhonda K
            Rhonda K
            Rhonda K commented
            Editing a comment
            Prayers for your grandson and your family. May they be healthy and safe.

• vchale
            vchale
            vchale commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the prayers and kind thoughts

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Editing a comment
            I hope your grandson will be ok. They do say that kids do not have as severe problem. Now the latest news and new worry for parents are told to watch for signs of diabetes. It seems that kids are developing this after having had covid. Good Lord, have we not got enough to worry about.

A fun day of errands yesterday, Rx picked up for DH and for the cat, a few groceries, a light bulb for the fridge that was hard to find and a stop at two thrift stores. The thrift stores were the fun part. It is amazing to me what is donated. I got a cute tablecloth, a pretty ceramic bowl and a soup bowl to match some we already had.
          The afternoon was spent sliver cutting 100+ hour glass units with that many more at least, there are lots of geese units that need the same. I will tackle them after I put some soup on to cook. It is a beautiful day but probably chilly, a walk might be nice.
          I got a notice that my nutri system order had shipped, not going to be fun but sure do need to drop 10-15-20 lbs. I really enjoyed the cruise and Christmas foods too well. I would prefer my fabric order to ship.😁
          Take care everyone.
          Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Dove
            Dove
            Dove commented
            Editing a comment
            Claire, I am interested to hear what you think of Nutri System. I tried that program a whole lot of years ago but didn't like the food. And they substituted for what I requested too often. They used to send me a lot of black beans and rice which is about the only food I just cannot eat! I really, really don't like the stuff! Let me know what you think of it-- maybe I'll try it again.

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, I did it years ago, it worked as do most new eating plans if you stick to them. I also got really tired of the preservative taste to the food but one thing I learned early on with weight watchers is you can eat something even though you don't like it. There are a few things that make me gag but not likely to be sent them, haha. I will report back, happy as a clam, if I drop a few pounds and if it has hopefully improved.
            Claire Hallman
            Last edited by Claire Hallman; January 12, 2022, 06:32 PM.

Good Morning….I’m just dragging in. I got up early but got involved with some housework…no joy.

Jeff is filling up some holes in our yard and the Girls are napping.

I finished one of the Happy Trees blocks yesterday. I doubt I have the endurance to make 24 of them. I will make three or four and if I stop there at least maybe I’ll make a runner.

We are having leftover spaghetti for dinner tonite. Guess I’ll make a green salad and hot bread to round it out.

Wishing everyone a great day. Hugs..l

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Well, it's Wednesday alright. Normally considered hump day. My problem is that I keep sliding on the backside of the hump. Maybe I'll be more productive tomorrow. Sigh. Monique, your calendar notation made me laugh cos everyone knows WTF stands for "where's the fabric". Maybe. Gina

Comment

Good afternoon, Everyone ~ Late getting here today. I've been baking DH's spelt bread. The 2nd loaf just came out of the oven. I've done laundry, boiled HB eggs that are chilling in the cold water & ice pack. It was med. proc. morning as well as salad making day, so that made me later with everything. My order from Christian Book Dist. was delivered this a.m. I just happened to see the Fed Ex truck out front. It was several boxes of greeting cards.

Yest. eve. was our guild mtg. on Zoom. At one point, there were 108 of us on. I always enjoy Sew & Tell. Speakers were from our guild. The one on applique didn't interest me, so I tuned out early. Our guild already has donated several quilts to the Marshall Fire survivors. That's the fire that was S. of us in Superior & Louisville on Dec. 30.

Had a phone call from DS#1 while he was driving home from work yest. afternoon. It's always good to chat with him. I had only 25 min. to talk in between doing other things.

I need to put away the HB eggs & get myself some lunch. I'm hungry!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I’m quite a bit later than usual. I was surprised that I slept until almost 8 this morning. Usually I’m up by 6. Puppies had gone out at 3 am so that is probably why the late start this morning. Then Dave wanted to go to Home Depot for base board trim. That took quite a long time. Never did get breakfast. When we got home needed to feed the dogs and then started the laundry. Dave asked for help a couple of times cutting the underpayment for the flooring. Wasn’t a big deal to do it for him. His knee is really barking at him being down on his knees so much while putting in the flooring. He had hoped to get the fridge and stove back in place today but that won’t happen. We will probably get something out and bring it home. There is such a mess all over the house having to move everything out of the two rooms and wherever we could find to out them. I’ll be happy when it is done. We won’t know if there is enough of the old flooring to put in the sewing room until he gets it all removed. We might have to do just half of the room. I have been thinking that maybe I would suggest we do the den instead but I’ll wait to see how things okay out.

I have a friend that is going through cancer treatments and surgery for pancreatic cancer. She has surgery scheduled for the 25th. The surgery will remove half of her pancreas, half of her stomach and some of the small intestine and some rerouting. Would appreciate any prayers.

Hope the rest of the day is awesome for everyone. Praying for all those in need.
              Carlie

Comment

Working...
              X