Well Tuesday came awful quick!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srgreene View Post
    Monique thanks for the Singer Advice. Now - where's my tiara and pearls, I've got a quilt to finish.
    Crown-adjust.jpg Well said.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Good morning everyone,
      I slept in a bit, hubby is just getting up. I have a "feed me cats" alarm. haha Monique -- it's surely cold here too -26C in the the city. Going to be an indoor day.

Yesterday I decided to drive myself to dental appt. The re-treatment was not painful in the tooth, but I have TMJ issues that I can't open my jaw more than 2 fingers and that makes it difficult to work on molars. It was difficult with the rubber dam, for 45min, I kept relaxing my mouth, so they put in what they call pillow -- well it aint no pillow. They had to use the smallest they had, and boy this was so painful -- for another 45 mins. I had to take breaks as this was becoming unbearable. After 1.5hrs it was done. My tooth is not cracked, thankfully, but he did remove debris from the roots -- probably from 10+yrs ago. It feels so much better as it unthawed. My jaw, neck and back are sore this morning from being in dental chair. I was famished when I got home and nd had a bowl of soup, then left-over lasagna for supper. I just sat in my arm chair, watched mindless tv and started/finished sewing the binding & label on VQC quilt.

My son brought his bengal to vet -- he is not pleased with the service or attitude he gets from staff. I can't understand, but it could be his impatience. They told him his cat has a heart murmur and they want him to see cardiologist $1500 to see if he can undergo neutering. That can't be right. He thinks this is a money grab. I may have to help him find another vet. Mine is not taking new patients, as a lot of vets are not as well.

Enjoy your day -- going to have another cup of coffee and get this day going. Stay safe and stay warm.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• grammaterry
        grammaterry
        grammaterry commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I guess I would just watch the cat and not get him neutered. That is just way too much money to spend on an animal.

• JCY
        JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Suzanne ~ That item they put in your mouth to hold it open is called a "bite block" by my dentist. Sorry you had such an uncomfortable time of it. I understand TMJ can be very painful.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Maria -- when I was first married, we lived off Woodroffe and actually brought our cat to the Greenbank vet. I'm hoping he finds another vet much closer. I don't think he quite expected to have a cat that wasn't perfect.

Hi friends
      Happy Tuesday, thankyou Monique for the singer advice, its sounds like we have to be fully day ready, so the hubby did not see us skiving while sewing lol, how times have changed. Himself has been in training for many years regarding pot washing and bed making lol.

This is the 3rd attempt, of computing having to grab sir and open window so he could throw up, I was unable to run into bathroom with him, was not wanting him to throw up on the bed again this week. He had eaten grass outside. He seemed grateful for the assistance and ran to his plate for a refill afterwards.
      Then the internet refused to connect alas a position change standing on one leg one arm in air and other holding device we found signal comical.
      himself made some gf pancakes (a cheat instead of baking gf bread ) sandwich, with pork, white sauce, mushroom and bacon very yummy.
      Was watching, craft store, Pam from Quilters trading post doing thread painting on the sewing machine with a hoop and no foot, it was a very inspiring demo, made me want to run off and have a go, although know would need a darning foot. do you thing himself would like a thread painted tree trunk holding his sock hole back together?
      chuckling at all the mischief that could happen with that skill.
      Have been trying to crochet some gloves, sadly my happy hooker book is vastly review as having pattern issues, although did not know, I found the pattern with the issue, so have frogged it twice before the research happened, then frogged it decided on making a beret instead, am on round 6.
      https://www.crochetspot.com/free-cro...classic-beret/. M* sells yarn if inspired.
      The sun shone today, it is just going down while typing.
      Have a great day every one
      Prayers for those in need and virtual hugs.
      T

Comment

Good Morning
        Cooler morning but very sunny, so I won’t complain. Golf after lunch today, which should be the warmest part of the day. Much busier here since January 1, so we don’t always get our preferred Tee time. Yesterday we started playing shuffleboard with neighbourhood group. Not supposed to be competitive but the gentleman I was playing against was snickering after 3 rd end. He thought he was going to really beat me. I decided to get serious then & the final score was 105 to 57 for me.

Loved the advice from Singer. I don’t think many of us would have time. To sew if we followed it.

Enjoy your day & stay safe.
        Mary Lynn Ontario Canada

Comment

We have lovely sunshine this morning, hopefully I will make myself take a walk.😊 I do need to run to the drug store for a Rx, we also got a text late yesterday. I had called the doctor last week regarding a refill as had my pharmacy, the doctor's office nurse had quit, taking the password for phone messages with her.🙄 I finally sent an e-mail so things eventually got done. They are interviewing new nurses but before that's done a new phone message system needs doing. 🤐
          More tiny pieces for the B Hunter mystery are being made, slow going since I have scads of hour glass and geese units to sliver trim. It will make them fit better but is a little tedious. I thought about streaming the Harry Potter movies but my internet signal isn't strong enough, bummer, do I upgrade, it it worth it? Probably not since there are hundreds of other choices. Decided on watching Britbox Waking the Dead, old but pretty good.
          The championship game last night was painful to watch, Georgia did a great job and we were plagued with injuries. Alabama still is my team and always will be, Roll Tide.🐘
          I am sorry about the loss of the step father, one is never prepared and I am glad there are many good memories with him.
          Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
            Jean Sewing Machine
            Jean Sewing Machine commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought of you and hubby last night when I heard the outcome of the big game. Knew you would be sad! My SIL was at the local watering hole rooting for the opposition, I’m sure there were celebratory rounds shared in that gathering!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            Hubby has just finished reading all 7 books, and plans to start watching them all over again -- we have the DVDs.

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            It was a shock, it seems we always win but I know that is not real life. We need to lose occasionally, nothing wrong with being second in the nation.
            I have seen a couple of H Potter movies but not all, one day perhaps I will upgrade the internet.

Good afternoon,

It has finally warmed up here. It’s 5C right now. Quite a change from a few days ago! Living where I do, this won’t last long. I’m fine with that as long as we get more ‘normal’ temperatures instead of that very cold spell we had for the past few weeks. I apologize to those east of us that are getting the temps we had as they move your way....

Not much planned for the rest of the day today. Laundry got done yesterday and put away this morning and I finished my little quilt from my Advent Box. I’ve actually been able to open a window so am enjoying the fresh air in the house.

Take care everyone!
          Maria
          Alberta, Canada

Comment

advice.jpg

I know most of you have seen the above before, LOL!! I think they should write a new one for these times.

Well, here it is, I think. I had a question about French chalk so did a little Google search and this popped up. Fun reading and I sort of subscribe to this idea of being a neatnik:

https://www.thesewingacademy.com/201...ts-not-stupid/
            Michele
            ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

Good day, everyone!

Monique, you had a pretty busy day! Are you working or owning an online store? Sounds familiar to me.

A Singer's guide is hilarious!😆 It's a pretty good reflection of its time. I'm still amazed when looking at some old posters from 1950s, or vintage patterns, how good and stylish people looked that time. How much effort they used to put into it. Looks really stunning, though I wouldn't be able to do that now... too time taking! I've been incredibly lucky to buy a pack of Paton vintage knitting patterns from the 1950s - I've never seen such beautiful clothing in modern magazines. Haven't knitted anything yet but I'll give it a try.

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories here, it feels so warm and cosy. Have a good day and evening.
              Warm Love from The Heating Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by srgreene View Post
              Monique thanks for the Singer Advice. Now - where's my tiara and pearls, I've got a quilt to finish.
              That's really funny😂😂😂 I probably got to purchase some too😆
              Warm Love from The Heating Pads.

Comment

Good Evening, the snow and wind stopped but it was cold outside. We got our groceries at 2 different stores. Stopped off at Michael's and got some Christmas wrapping paper 70% off and a 12"x12" box to put our new to us fabric wreath in till next year. Has anyone seen a pale lavender sunset sky? this was the first I have ever seen, very pretty! What I am learning about hand sewing hexi's... they take some time to sew together. Thought it would be done fast ...ya....no...it will take a little while to do it. Have a good evening and stay safe and warm!

Comment

• chelea
                  chelea
                  chelea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I saw the most beautiful lavender sunsets during our visit to St. Maarten in October. I tried to take pictures but of course it never comes close to what you're actually seeing.
              Working...
              X