Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Tuesday came awful quick!!

advice.jpg

I know most of you have seen the above before, LOL!! I think they should write a new one for these times.

Well I had an extremely busy day yesterday. Parcels coming out our ying yangs. Holly moly, online shopping isn't slowing down at all. I even worked during my lunch hour fixing a postal box. Got that done along with everything else. As we were sorting in the morning, a customer walked in, the door was supposed to be locked, and neither one of us had unlocked it. A BIG no no considering that meant that the 'office' was open all weekend. And then to top it off, when I left last night, I forgot to secure the safe, halfway home I turned around to lock the safe. OYE!!!

The nice thing when I got home was that hubby had dinner ready. What a treat to have it ready when I get home. I did it for so many years for him. And his highlight of the day was he got to watch the cardinal in the feeder numerous times, and then he say the COUPLE at the feeder. It's the first time the female has been seen. WOW!!

It's cold here this morning -30C, -22F. I plugged in the car last night. Today will hopefully be a quieter day but then you never know.

And so this morning I am on my own to sort. No help and that's okay, I should be okay. But I have no doubt I will be exhausted tonight as I have been awake since about 3:30.

Hubby and I are already planning our 2022 summer vacation. We will go back to the East Coast.

Have a great day friends, no matter what you do.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning to everyone ☀️

Monique, I’ve seen the “suggestions” before…..I have absolutely no trouble sewing with the sink full and no lipstick on! Yup, the times have changed…..⌛️

Hope your day flys by…..such a blessing to have dinner ready when you got home! So thoughtful and sweet of Les! He’s a keeper for sure.
    I so love cardinals…..we get them often…..although I haven’t seen one in a week or so…..we’ve had such crazy weather. High winds and so cold. It’s 5’ right now and we’re getting to a “balmy” 24’….maybe. I’m sure we’re below 0 with wind, but I’m not going to check it out. Monique, I sure wouldn’t like your temps!

I started cutting on some fabric yesterday, and that’s about it. Not sure what today will bring……we should probably get some groceries, but I hate the idea of getting out in this cold…..we’ll see.

Hope everyone has a blessed and peaceful day. Stay warm and be safe 💕💕 Think spring….🌸
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

• Monique
      Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to stay in out of the cold and sew but someone's gotta work, lol!!

Good Morning All,

It's a sunny day, but the warm hasn't shown up. Gabby's first trip out was really quick!

Yesterday, wasn't too busy. I finished the puzzle from M* I'll get it put away today. Went back through my closet and pulled some more stuff that I haven't worn in ages, and bagged them for donation. I ended up with 2 kitchen bags filled. Put the box of garbage bags outside. I can't take the stank of them! My sneezer was on overload, between the kitchen garbage bag that had to be replaced because of taking out the trash, and getting the clothes ready to donate! Mike and I went to Lowe's to find garbage bags with NO Scent. Mercy, that's about impossible! I'll take the stinky bags to donate to Salvation Army.

Today, the plan is to go through my sewing room and put things away. Sort out patterns from the Advent box and get that area back together. I need to start hunting for something special for hostess gifts. Tree napkins, jar openers have been given before. If you see something cutsie tootsie, let me know. lol

Time to make my snuggle buddy get up. My coffee cup is cooling off.

Prayers for those in need, for healing touches, for peace and comfort in times of loss, for grace and mercy. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• 201 Treadler
      201 Treadler
      201 Treadler commented
      Editing a comment
      Suzanne I have found most men do have an reaction to cleaning products, lol, try a steam cleaner, men and gizmos.
      in all seriousness am sorry to hear has reactions, pot purri gives me twitchy nose syndrome

• Bubby
      Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I also hate scented trash bags. They smell worse than what i put in them.

• Maria Sews
      Maria Sews
      Maria Sews commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, none of you can come to my house! 😆 I love scents - properly done and in moderation, of course. My daughter-in-law used to sell Scentsy and I have acquired a decent stash of the scented wax. I don’t use them daily but when I do, I enjoy them.
      As for scented trash bags, I’ve only bought one kind from the dollar store and they had very little scent so I can’t really comment on those.

Good Morning!

Pups got me up a little while ago. Now they are sleeping on my lap. Our morning routine. Bella especially shivers like crazy after going out to go potty.

I took Jim to see our doctor yesterday. I am so very thankful that we changed doctors for him. Such a different response. He wasn’t happy that he didn’t keep his rheumatology appointment. Said it was the most important appointment but understood that traveling in blizzard conditions was not an option. He gave Jim a prescription for prednisone. Jim doesn’t like to take that because it causes him to go blank at times but it has also helped the foot pain. I’m calling every day or so to see if there have been any cancelations with the rheumatologist but we do have an appointment for the 27th.

Today I will be taking the last of the stuff in the dining room so Dave can work in the floors. It’s going to be a mess for a while. First in the kitchen and dining room, then the bathroom while removing the current flooring and replacing with the LVP. If we have enough LVP left over we may remove the carpet from the den, a small room, and out the LVP in there. Then the next mess will be my sewing room as we remove the carpet and pay the flooring that we are removing from the dining room and kitchen. We aren’t sure that we will have rebought too do the whole room though. Not sure what we will do in that case. Probably lay what we can. At least I will be able to keep track of the pins and needles better if there is no carpet.

The whole flooring thing will probably take at least 3 weeks. No sewing and I won’t be able to be in the kitchen much either so my tomatoes will have to wait. And I think the 3 weeks will be just the kitchen and dining room. At least when he is working on the bathroom and sewing room I can work in the kitchen.

Hope everyone has an awesome day. Prayers for those in need.
    Carlie

Comment

• Ruthie734
      Ruthie734
      Ruthie734 commented
      Editing a comment
      Carlie, my Yorkies love to sleep on my lap every morning after they eat too, especially my Bella does. Harley goes back and forth from my lap to the floor. He gets hot easily and loves to lay on the hardwood floor.

Good luck on getting those floors done quickly. I know it’s hard to have everything out of place like that.

Good morning, forum friends. Seems like we all keep busy and the days fly by.

Today is Thread Heads day. I have several bags of stuff to schlep up there today. Completed this stack of quilts ( just quilting them) and they get to bind them. Then we will start on the camp cot quilts. Or something! One of our leaders is fighting a bad cold, she will opt out today.

79FA5999-1780-44D7-B6D9-28E964EE6401.jpg

I got a call from my daughter last night. She has met with like minded crafters for many years during January for what they call crop camp. It’s like a quilt retreat for scrapbookers. They meet at a hotel, use the activity room for their cropping activities, share meals, share rooms, for 2 days. She drives 500 miles one way to participate. Well this year, she was concerned about sharing COVID germs, the room they use is pretty small for all those people, so she is opting out. I know her friends will be disappointed, but my guess is the group will be much smaller than usual. I will miss seeing her, but we had a nice long Christmas visit.

Tomorrow my new washer and dryer will be delivered. My laundry room is tiny, but holds lots of stuff. I have to figure out where To go with the stuff around the washer and dryer. I hope they will give me a few minutes between removal of the old and putting in the new to scrub the floor under them. I know it is totally disgusting, there is no way I could ever move them to clean under them. Holding off on the washing until the new ones are in. I’m not sure that washer could make it completely through one more full cycle.

I had my tiny live Christmas tree to discard. Today it is yard waste day. I decided to chuck it in a lawn waste bag. That little tree fought me every inch of the way refusing to get into the bag! I was bloody by the time I got it cut down and in the bag. The truck just came, he is on his way to yard waste heaven now.

Hope you all have a great day. Keep warm! Even you Florida gals!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Better she be safe than sorry. There's always next year or another time during the year when things aren't so rampant.
      Oh the things I found when we got new washer and dryer, and we weren't in this house that long. I know when these go, I will find a round bottle of hair conditioner that rolled right off the ledge, and many items I put on top of them, until I get a ladder to put on shelves above.

Back in the 40's and 50's life surely was different. I watchI Leave it to Beaver reruns and June is so funny all dressed up with makeup and pearls with a dust rag in her hand or high heals and mopping....now, my mother always said that the dishes needed done and the bed needed making before we moved on thru the day and that has stuck with me all my life. When Daddy passed I told her it was okay to date after some time had passed and she said, "oh Lord no, I don't want another one...if I come home from work and the bed isn't made or the dishes aren't done, I am ok" So I guess they really had the housewife brainwashed into the perfect stepford wife.
    Blue quilt is finished and I'm trying to decide what pattern to put together. I'm thinking of HST's but not sure how I want to assemble them. I may just go for the HST's and then put them on the design wall and figure it out. Last night I clicked on tutorials for charm packs and didn't see a thing that stuck my fancy. I think I just want to do mindless sewing to get acquainted with my new machine.
    Yesterday when putting the bobbin in the new machine, I dropped it and it fell behind the place where it goes. It was a big ordeal trying to get it out. Anyone have a solution to keep that from happening?
    It is so cold here. We are burning a lot of wood ... Suppose to be cold all week so I guess we will just settle in. I have an eye checkup on Thursday and I need to tell him that I want the other eye done. This monovision thing is not going to work. I have double vision for distance and can't see the computer . I wish I hadn't had to cancel the first appointment,
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

• grammaterry
      grammaterry
      grammaterry commented
      Editing a comment
      No, what happened is when it slipped out of my fingers it turned sideways and slipped past it and then fell flat so it needed to be turned upright then turned sideways and my fingers wouldn't fit in there to do the turning. I got it flipped with a screwdriver, then held it in place with a wire then tipped the machine up on its end and shook it a little. Don't want to do that again...took 40 min. I think I need to place a barrier of some kind in the hole it slipped thru.

• 201 Treadler
      201 Treadler
      201 Treadler commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.jukihome.com/media/catal...tionmanual.pdf
      page 36 on left 35 on page shows a removable cover for bobbin misadventures am assuming this is the many named machine while trying to get it back.

• grammaterry
      grammaterry
      grammaterry commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I found that page in my manual and I removed the bottom plate. Thats how I got the screw driver up under it to hold it in place. My fingers are too big to fit thru any of these spaces. Good to know that I'm not the only one to have lost my bobbin into the abyss

Good morning,

It was a delightful day filled with birthday wishes. Thank you for a special day! Balloons were popping up in the text messages. My, how do they do that? The guild meeting was fun and I won a jelly roll. DD told Little Man in the morning that it was my birthday and he wanted to be invited to the party. When you are 5, everyone gets a birthday party. They stopped by with roses and cupcakes. I had to close my eyes and he led me to the lit one. Of course, he was so excited to help blow out the candle. We spent some time together on his swing and all was right in his little world.

This weekend we are taking him to a dinosaur exhibit. I know he will love the adventure. I remember visits to this garden as a child with my family too. We love making memories with him. They will outlast any toy.

https://mckeegarden.org/class/dinosa...und-the-world/

Hope your day is Special!
    A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
    Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

• Cathy F
      Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      Rhonda, you are so right, time spent with our grandchildren making memories with them is more valuable than any toy.

Good morning! Twelve degrees here but it appears the winds have died down.
    DH has an appointment this morning to get his car worked on. It's the repairs from when we ran into the deer a few weeks ago. That's providing the place got the parts. I'll have to go along so he has a ride home. I don't know how many days the car repair will take.
    I was all ready to start quilting the Hunter's Star quilt but then I found out that I only have king size batting. I need queen size and hate to waste the king size. The other day when batting was the daily deal I ordered some. It hasn't been shipped yet. I also ordered some Quilters Dream 70/30 from a different site to try that out. I guess whichever gets here first is what I'll use.
    Many years ago I started making little quilts for each month. I only got Jan, Feb, and March done. So while I'm waiting for batting I pulled out the rest of the patterns and maybe will get back to making those. I forgot all about those and don't remember what made me think of them. There are a couple of the months that I don't like a whole lot so I'll probably order different ones. They're from TheWoodenBear.com.
    Well, DH was up super early this morning so he went back to bed about an hour ago. It's time now to wake him up so he can call the body shop to see if they got the parts.
    Have a happy day!
    ~ Carol from Southwest PA

Comment

• Cathy F
      Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      Carol, I also did those little pieces from them, they were such cute projects. I don't have all the months though. I did about half the year.

• JCY
      JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the feel of Quilter's Dream 70/30, but I'm not willing to pay the higher price for it. Hobbs 80/20 works fine for all my quilting needs. Hope the care repair goes well.

I have a doctor appointment this morning to get my ear checked out. A sore place has developed around my ear piercing that hasn’t healed for quite some time. I’m hoping it’s nothing serious. After that, I will pick up GGS to bring home with me for the day. My daughter woke me up at 3:30 this morning from the hospital. Her leg started tingling and feeling funny and she couldn’t relax. She went to ER to get it checked out. They ran several tests and decided to admit her. Prayers for her good test results and relief. I sewed on my scrap quilt after that since I couldn’t go back to sleep. I’ve got to get showered and ready to go. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

On the 1949 thing, i remember my Mother wearing dresses and aprons. When my Father passed away when i was 14, she started wearing pants! even wore shorts and a halter top to do gardening!!! Happy Tuesday everyone! no matter what you wear 🙄

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      My high school in the 1970s would not allow pants, not even pant suits. You couldn't even wear skorts. That had more to do with the spinster that was hired as principal. She wanted to go to uniforms, but the parents revolted on that. Since I sewed my own clothes and worked in a fabric store, I had many pants suits for work. I can't tell you how many times I was sent home to change.

Edit -- up to grade 6, wore the blue jumper with white blouse. Grade 7 & 8 -- no restrictions and this is where I expressed my creativity and made all my own clothes - Twiggy style, as I was long & lean. it was HS that was a drag.
      SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; January 11, 2022, 09:33 AM.

• Mary Lynn
      Mary Lynn
      Mary Lynn commented
      Editing a comment
      I was in grade 9 when we first allowed to wear pants to school, but certainly not jeans! I remember in public school wearing pants under my skirts on cold days , but having to take them off in class.

• chelea
      chelea
      chelea commented
      Editing a comment
      Our 2 daughters went to a high school with a dress code, woolen plaid skirts and the school sweater. They all wore colorful boxer shorts underneath them.

Good morning. Brrrrr, it's cold here this morning. But not as cold as you are Monique. It is up to 17°. We will get up to around 21° And we got a dusting of snow overnight too. Yup, it is winter. But I am ok with it. We will look at some seed catalogs and start planning our gardens.

We will continue on our de-Christmasing journey today. Each day we do a little bit. We will be done by the end of the week. Not sure what else I'll get up to. I need to put away all the laundry from yesterday but after that, I don't know which way I'll go. I do have to pick Henry up after school today so our later afternoon hours will be active.

Have a good day everyone. Be well. Stay safe. Keep warm.

Ginny B
    Levittown, NY

Comment

Good Morning. My mom used to say "your housework can wait, your kids do not", they grow up too fast so enjoy them as much as you can. If friend drop by unexpected and have issue with the condition of the house, well they really aren't your friends at all. She was a neat and tidy person so the house was always kept up, just not spic n span all the time. Well these days, kids are grown and out of the house, so why not apply that to sewing... housework can wait, sewing projects can't. Dishes are always done and most days bed is made, and I allow time for the dust bunnies to play too. Finding balance and picking my battles...

Got text from pharmacy late yesterday, med ready to pick up... dang would have nice to get notice earlier when I was out n about with other errands. So today a quick in/out and then back to my "hermit house". Need to isolate this week as much as possible, don't need any covid cooties causing cancellation of cataract surgery on Monday.

Today I will start the sewing of the little suitcase. Karen... I already made one boo boo on that little inner piece of lining, one too many layers of interfacing. I swear I read the list twice, even made a quickie cheat sheet of my own... but somehow I still did the oops!

Comment

Monique thanks for the Singer Advice. Now - where's my tiara and pearls, I've got a quilt to finish.
        Sandy in CO

Comment

LOL, if I had to wait to find a tiara and pearls I 'd never get to go in my sewing room again!
          Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'm able to get here sooner today for a change. Yest. was a busy day. Laundry, turkey patties mixed up, a haircut for DH. He wanted his head shaved with the clippers. Oh my, certainly a different look! I guess he didn't want to mess with needing another haircut during his recovery time.

DH is moving better, & the pain is gradually lessening. His upper arm hurts the worst. The wrist fx. doesn't hurt at all. His upper arm still is very purple, swollen, & the skin feels firm. I've been putting Arnica or Biofreeze on it. He's even writing better with his left hand. This has been a challenging time for him. He's still sleeping in the LR chair, so my eve. routine has altered.

My 95 y.o. friend who feel & broke her hip & had the surgery earlier this week -- she was all set to be d/c'd to rehab, but then she tested (+) for covid, so has to stay in the hosp. for now. Bummer.

I finished reading Jenny's book last night. I so enjoyed her book; I could hardly put it down. She's one remarkable lady. She's been through so much in her life & struggled through hard times. Her & the family's success story at M* is a testimony to her perseverance, wonderful attitude, & faith in God. If you haven't read it, it's a great book. The reviews on Amazon are positive.

It was 20* this a.m., but we're supposed to have milder weather most of this week. It was 52* yest. I need to make a run out to the groc. store. The main place where I shop is having a walk-out tomorrow -- union bargaining for higher wages & better conditions. I want to be able to get several items before that happens. I'll head over there right after breakfast.

Comment

• JCY
              JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              SunnyWave ~ Jenny's book is called, How to Stitch an American Dream. It's for sale at M* for $23.95, at Amazon for $19.49, at Christian Book Distributor's for $17.99. It was advertised here when it first was released & they did a video promo for it.

• JCY
              JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              Treadler ~ The hematoma (blood in the tissues) from the trauma eventually will absorb. We went through this when DH fell in 2012. That time it was his L. arm. The arm swelled up to twice its normal size, turned all purple, clear down to his wrist.

• Maria Sews
              Maria Sews
              Maria Sews commented
              Editing a comment
              I borrowed Jenny's book from the local library. I was actually looking for something else and it popped up in my search. I really enjoyed reading it.
          Working...
          X