Stuffing in the crock pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffing in the crock pot

A big THANK YOU to Cathy for sharing how she makes stuffing in the crock pot (and for chelea who asked about it). I tried it this year, and it turned out fantastic. I was afraid it might stick to the crock, so I sprayed the inside of the crock with non-stick spray before dumping in the stuffing. A couple of hours on low and it was heated through and nice and moist. Stuffing is my favorite part of a turkey dinner, so I always make an extra-large batch. Using the crock pot meant that it didn't have to compete for oven space.

That’s good to know! Glad it worked out for you. Dressing is my favorite part of a turkey dinner, too.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That sounds like a great idea! I cooked my green beans in a crockpot this year. They were really good that way.

Comment

cartwheel snowman.jpg
        Glad you tried it and told us how good it is. I will have to go find that post and write it out now.
        *** Looked for it in recipes here but didn't see it. Could you paste a link to it please ?
        Last edited by minipinlady; November 25, 2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the upside down snowman. I hope all that snow is not this year!

• minipinlady
          minipinlady commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a picture I saw online in google images of snowmen =)

Originally posted by MSN View Post
        A big THANK YOU to Cathy for sharing how she makes stuffing in the crock pot (and for chelea who asked about it). I tried it this year, and it turned out fantastic. I was afraid it might stick to the crock, so I sprayed the inside of the crock with non-stick spray before dumping in the stuffing. A couple of hours on low and it was heated through and nice and moist. Stuffing is my favorite part of a turkey dinner, so I always make an extra-large batch. Using the crock pot meant that it didn't have to compete for oven space.
        Glad you tried it! My family loves stuffing and there is not enough from inside the bird so it works out well. I used three packages of stuffing mix this year in the crockpot, everyone was very happy!
        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Originally posted by minipinlady View Post
          cartwheel snowman.jpg
          Glad you tried it and told us how good it is. I will have to go find that post and write it out now.
          *** Looked for it in recipes here but didn't see it. Could you paste a link to it please ?
          This is what I posted for the stuffing I saute my onions and celery on the stove first. To that I add chicken stock/or broth, some butter that I melt in the broth and bring it to a boil. I put the stuffing mix in a big bowl and pour the onion, celery, chicken stock mix over the stuffing mix. Stir well to ensure everything is moistened. I transfer it to the crock pot and put it on low for about two hours. It stays hot and is nice and moist. I think you could do this with most stuffing recipes and if you add meat to your recipe if it is cooked first it should work for those recipes as well.
          Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

• Monique
            Monique commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome, I will try and remember that for Christmas.

• Maria Sews
            Maria Sews commented
            Editing a comment
            I might have to try this, too! I don't use stuffing mix, will it work just as well from scratch?- I use gluten free bread.

• MSN
            MSN commented
            Editing a comment
            I make my stuffing from scratch, too, and it worked great. I think this would work with any stuffing recipe that is fully cooked and just needs to be heated through.

Sounds good. Would be good for a potluck too. Sorry, I missed the original post. What brand/kind of stuffing mix do you use? Thanks so much.

Comment

• Cathy F
            Cathy F commented
            Editing a comment
            Either Arnold or Pepperidge Farms, depending on what the store I'm shopping in has. I prefer the Arnold.

Sounds like a plan
          success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
          Terry of NC

Comment

My SIL makes his stuffing in the crock pot. It was delicious!

Comment

I will look for the posting of the recipe -- is is in the Recipe section? If not, it's probably one that should be posted to find easily. Thanks.
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Cathy F
                Cathy F commented
                Editing a comment
                Suzanne, just scroll up a bit from your post I explained how I did it. There is no specific recipe I think you could make your regular stuffing recipe and put it in the crock pot instead of the oven. If your recipe has meat in it I would cook it first. The crock pot allows you to make more stuffing than what would be put in the turkey

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks -- I will give it a try since we do like our stuffing.

Thanks Cathy! gonna give it a try.
              Murphy

Comment

Working...
              X