Black Friday Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Friday Shopping

Anyone heading out tomorrow for some BF shopping? As I mentioned previously, I’m just going to two shops…but Michael asked me what I wanted for Christmas since I bought him something…we stopped shopping for each other a few years ago….so…I’m entertaining the idea of an embroidery machine. Not sure yet, tho.. lol.. so we may swing by and check out the Babylocks…
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I won't leave the house for BF any more. People are nuts!
    She who dies with the most quilts is......
    Still dead.
    What's your hurry?

Comment

• Teen
      Teen commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen! The 2 stores I’m heading too are small stores in the backwoods…no major shopping centers. With the crazy organized looting going on I’m not going near malls.

I won't be heading out, Mike has to work tomorrow, noon until closing.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Teen
      Teen commented
      Editing a comment
      Bummer for Mike…..with the quiet, maybe you can get some fun stuff done.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure people are going to be knocking down the doors at Office Max, lol. He said there wasn't anything all that grand on sale.

No Black Friday shopping for me, unless it would be something on line. Considering the pandemic, I want to avoid crowds & all that craziness.

Comment

• Teen
      Teen commented
      Editing a comment
      If stores are crowded, I avoid them for that very reason. Mayhem shopping and people are nuts now a days.

No BF for me. Jeff and I don’t exchange Christmas gifts.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      DH & I haven't exchanged gifts for many years. He hasn't driven the car for >10 yrs. so is not able to get out & about, even if he felt up to it physically. I usually don't buy gifts for the kids or GKs. This year, I wanted them to have Dr. David Jeremiah's latest book, Where Do We Go From Here?, so I ordered several copies of that. I'll also send one to my niece. I usually send $ to my GD; they live on a tight budget. After the GKs reached 18 or grad. from HS, we quit sending $ for their BDs & Christmas. It's easier to send $ so they can get what they want/need. Postage expenses are so costly now--sometimes costing as much or more than the gift inside! The books I can send media rate, which is doable.

No BF shopping for me ever. I don’t like crowds or shopping. I either order it online, or get out early in the morning to stores to do my shopping.

Comment

shoot I couldn't get out of the garage today. all day. no power. I know, i could have pulled the cord and disconnected it. But really all day without power ... Thanksgiving Day too! I still can't find out why that happened. Over 3,000 people without Thanksgiving Dinner. Oh well, I think everything in the freezer is still frozen. i was about ready to tell the electrical company that they owe me for all my food that spoiled. Saved by the bell. or flip of a switch. I had pie for lunch and no one else was coming, so son ate elsewhere. the cats got fed so they were happy! Sigh. every one have a good quiet nights 😴
      Last edited by nativetexan; November 25, 2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh no! No power on this big cooking day?! Do you live in CA? I heard on the news that some areas there were maybe going to have the power shut off because of the wind & fire danger. We're so dependent on our utilities. DS in MD has a generator for such times as their power goes off. They can get some serious storms related to hurricanes that work their way up the eastern seaboard. One time during a hurricane several years ago, when they were in their previous home, they were w/o power for 3 days. They grilled out on the deck. Used up all the food from their freezer. Used kerosene or some sort of heaters, as I recall.

• nativetexan
        nativetexan commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, Texas. Still don't know what happened.

• osewme
        osewme commented
        Editing a comment
        Strong winds knocked off 2 primary lines along with lightening damaging some equipment up in the Conroe/Spring area. We didn't get any bad weather south of Houston.

flying monkey.jpg
      Well I learned something new about BF shopping tonight... Walmart has a sale starting tomorrow at 7am but you can go online tonight at 9pm for those sales and order it from their warehouse and have it delivered to your door. So my BF shopping is done. Thank you Walmart !

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good to know. Thanks.

• grammaterry
        grammaterry commented
        Editing a comment
        My son is a pharmacist at Walmart and this was the first year in many that they closed on Thanksgiving and gave all the day off. Good for them...families should have the option of gathering without sacraficing their job. Shopping should not be the priority on this truly beautiful day

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree the staff at walmart deserve their holidays off.

I never have been a BF shopper.
      Karen
      Spring, TX

Comment

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I did it!! Bought 2 bolts of snow AND an Indigo quilt kit, A log Cabin pattern in beautiful blues. I was lucky and found a 30% off coupon as well, so I saved $104 Canadian. I have been watching for this quilt kit to come on sale for quite a while now. Bit the bullet, and Merry Christmas to me. (Watch it will come on sale this week)

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you Monique -- I was tempted again to get full bolts of Kona. Mad About Patchwork has all their Kona on sale today 10% off - so that $9Cdn. I can't justify any fabric purchase at this time, but solids are always good to have on hand.

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Well wouldn't you know it. The kit was ON SALE yesterday. Go figure. I like the line so much I bought another kit, LOL at a discounted price as well.

No BF shopping for me either. I don’t need anything that bad worth fighting crowds and traffic.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

No BF shopping here. I've found you can usually get just as good sales online.
        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

I've never been shopping on BF. Can't imagine anything worth fighting the crowd for. I think there is a segment of our society that just feels the need to congregate and fight over the bargain table. And, of course, there are the looters and the maniacs that will trample each other to get there first. I watch the television in awe as I see these heathens scramble for material goods.
          success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
          Terry of NC

Comment

I haven't shopped BF in years but will venture out today for a couple things. Both are small shops though. This year with all the shipping worries I've got most all the shopping done. Only need to get one thing in the mail for a GD Dec birthday.

Comment

Teen, I think you would love an embroidery machine. I'm a BL/Brother fan.

I'm not a BF shopper in the stores. I may check some on-line items.
              A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
              Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

I have never gone in-store BF shopping. I have done some on-line purchases, but BF seems to run all year long at many places, so not really special for me.

Having said that, I am tempted by some on-line buys this week, but wont. I placed a large order from M* and the Featherweight shop on Tuesday. Now I see the FW shop has a new book (pre-order) that I really want to get. Oh well, later is ok.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                X