It's Turkey Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning All,

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your day is filled, lol, you figure out what!

Dianne and I went to pick up the three throws from Dragonfly Long Arm, I had her throw bound and ready for her to pick up before 2 and one of mine done shortly after Mike got home. The third one, I got done this morning. Whew! Glad that's done!

Next job is the case for Jim's tin whistles. lol, the next job really is to clean up the sewing room so I can have the furniture moved.

Time to get up and get ready to go to dinner with Morgan's family.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers for those in need, and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Tom is in the oven, stuffed and with a pan of dressing along side. I have lots yet to do but there are 3 casseroles coming to room temp and they will finish cooking later, I will need to make a glaze for the ham [Cure 81] and for my pound-ish cake but for now I am finishing up the coffee and wishing everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving.
      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Claire Hallman
        Claire Hallman commented
        Editing a comment
        After looking forward to eating the in-bird stuffing I forgot all about it being there and the carcass was thrown out after carving, dumb, dumb, dumb. It was a lot of fun and lots of other good food so no problems.

I thought I was up early! Two o’clock, four o clock geez y’all are going to be worn out tonight. Happy Thanksgiving to all,,
      Teresa
      Pelham, Alabama
      War Eagle!!!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all who will be celebrating today.
        Its going to be an overcast day with chance of sprinkles. I will take that any day over snow -- I don't mind if we don't get 'til after xmas. Yesterday was busy. Hubby and I went to the train store at other end of city. The owner had several heart attacks over past few years and has been in hospital past 6 months. His wife has been running the store, selling off and preparing for closure. What a difference. You could barely get through the aisles before (certainly didn't meet city regs). The centre part of store which had a huge display of trains, village, etc was sold and gone. Now there are rows of shelves with train boxes and accessories all neatly organized. I complimented her on her organizational skills and as a woman, she is getting it all done. Sadly none of their children have been helpful. She is getting the house 'accessible' for his return home in December. I feel for her and know she needs lots of encouragement and support.

After lunch, I helped hubby finish putting up the outdoor xmas lights. He decided to only decorate one of the blue spruces with the combined red & white lights. We had to toss so many light sets this year. but he agrees we won't buy any more. His back was very sore afterwards. I ran errands to several grocery stores and dropped off a backpack I fixed at my DDs. I had hoped to visit mom, but was too pooped. I will go see her today, as my eyes are feeling and looking much better. I really do miss that I had to cancel my massage on Monday. I feel it in my neck and shoulder. I brought down the lights bins, and started bringing up the indoor decorations -- my goal is to have the tree up and house decorated by the weekend. I am contemplating less decor might be best.

All this talk about turkey & stuffing makes me hungry. I might just pull out a turkey breast and cook for the two of us, in recognition of his American roots. Enjoy your celebrations with family and friends. Enjoy your day!
        . Thankful.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Loved your Snoopy Thanksgiving pic. I "snipped it" to share.

Happy Thanksgiving!! We have no family here so we always invite a friend from church who lost her husband a few years back and is alone. We fix the traditional meal. We love it.

Have a wonderful and blessed day. I have so much to be thankful for and this board is one of them.

It was 1 year ago today that we lost my oldest brother to Covid. Hard to believe it has been a year already.

Retha

Comment

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I can't believe a how early some if you get up! To me 8 am is early, I slept till 8:30. I was in the kitchen all day yesterday made two pumpkin pies and yeast rolls. Then I decided I didn't have enough rolls so made a second batch. Now I probably have too many! Then of course I had to mop the kitchen floor cause it wss slippery from flour getting on it. So all that kneading and rolling out pie crusts etc sure did a number on my thumb I recently had surgery on and it is so sore today. I think I just did too much in one day.
          My daughter is hosting Thanksgiving today. She lives in Illinois,about two hours away. We are taking along our middle daughter and 10yo gd. Her Mom (the marathon runner) has a race today so can't make it to her sisters for dinner. The dd having the dinner is actually having a pretty big crowd. She is adopted and her "real mom" as I call her and her Mom's husb are driving up from Memphis where they live, and her "real brother" and his 6 mo baby are coming but his wife is not as she has to work. (her real Mom had two children one a boy she kept and a girl we adopted). The dd having dinner has three kids plus her significant other so there's 5 of them. I hate that term SO I will be so glad when they get married later this year and I can call him my SIL. It seems a little silly to call him the bf when they have three kids together! Well I should get a move on and pack up the food so we can get going. Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and I am grateful to have you all in my life.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the term "partner"

Good morning everyone! Guess I'm the lone one out of the group of insomniacs. I slept like a log last night, exhausted from a very busy day. Had an appt. with my PCP in the am, ran home to make stuffing, back out to dentist for a cleaning where they discovered a loose crown because I somehow severed a root in my tooth! I wasn't in pain and it was news to me. So I ended up spending 2 hours in the dentist chair. Back home, pie baking, cleaning up the kitchen and then I ran out of gas, lol, so it was take-out pizza for supper.
          Today we're eating later, at dinnertime. I'm making a small turkey and a few sides and we'll be joined by DS and DIL who are bringing more sides and dessert. This year we're especially thankful because they are expecting! We are beyond excited because we have just one 10 yr old DGD and she has always lived 600 miles away. We're also very excited for her to have a cousin.
          The weather is warm, getting up to 55 today so hubs is already outside puttering.
          Hope you all have a peaceful Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for all of you and this wonderful community we're part of, made possible by MSQC.
          Michele
          ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

• MSN
            MSN commented
            Editing a comment
            The day before Thanksgiving is the busiest day of the year for pizza places. And congrats on the future grandchild!

• Mary Lynn
            Mary Lynn commented
            Editing a comment
            If I am cooking a big meal I often order pizza for supper night before. It’s too hard to prepare supper after having cooked all day.
        Working...
        X