WOOHOO it's Wednesday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning!

It's been an all week job for me but I have the new tree in the living room up. I broke the star tree topper last night. (didn't really like it anyhow) I need to find a replacement today. I had been using the same tree seriously since 1998. Dub was out of the country for work and only got home a few days before Christmas. The poor thing was shedding and just a pain to put together. Now to get the mess of bins put away. I need to start cooking the dishes I am taking to Amanda's soon.

Have a nice day

Teresa
    Pelham, Alabama
    War Eagle!!!

Comment

Morning all,

Seems everyone is busy this morning prepping for tomorrow. I just finished cutting up the celery and onions for the stuffing, and grating all the cheeses for the Mac n cheese, will put that together later so one less thing to do tomorrow. I usually host Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas but as much as I love seeing the family it does take it's toll on this ole body at the end of the day. For a few years I declined Thanksgiving and my husband and I enjoyed a small meal together and watched the parade and dog show on TV. It was a relaxing holiday before the build up to Christmas. May do that again next year.

I will be up early tomorrow and won't have much time to check the forum so I will wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for all of you and the friendships that have been made here. This is such a caring and generous group and I am thankful to be a small part of it.
      Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

• Cathy F
        Cathy F commented
        Editing a comment
        Terry, no farewell. Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on our blessings and what we are thankful for. One of the things I'm thankful for each year is for the friendships of the forum members and to be a part of such an amazing group.

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        I would be lost without all of you.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Thanksgiving -- you are very much a part of my forum life.

Oh happy day! The weather was nice outside, although a bit breezy. It's one of those days when you can feel the rain in the clouds just waiting to burst. Well, we had plans to do a turkey trot tomorrow morning but we have 90% chance of rain from 8am to noon. Nope, this turkey does not do runs in the rain, so we will stay home and eat earlier instead. It will only be 3 of us, so no big deal. Then DD and SIL bring DD over again tomorrow night since they both have work on Friday and no daycare. I have had her since Sunday evening. Will enjoy my break for tonight. She's a great kid, but at 4 yrs old really wants you to play with her. Doesn't do well for getting other things done.

I made cookie dough last night, so I think I'll try to roll out some of the cookies in a bit. Hmmm, I wonder where the cookie cutters are. DS is here and working, so I think that is something I can do and not disturb him too much.
      Karen
      Spring, TX

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know if I even have cookie cutters left. I used to do all that baking when the boys were home & before diabetes. The kids loved to help decorate the cookies. DH eats no sweets, so I mostly buy something from the store/bakery for myself, freeze them, then have an occas. treat. I have several options from which to choose. I'm not as gun-ho on the sweets as I used to be. The sugar results in more pain in my arthritic hands.
    Working...
    X