Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Tuesday

index.jpg

Good morning friends. What a day yesterday!!!! Busy busy didn't finish up until 4:55, 5 minutes before closing, but I did take my hour lunch. I hope today will be a little quieter. I did bring some sewing with me, but no chance of that happening yesterday. Maybe today. I found a thermos that I will try out today and take some soup for lunch.

Other than that, nothing new. Envious of you all getting new machines. Maybe one day for me.

Have a great day friends.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning All,

Soup sounds good. I didn't make a grocery order yesterday, so I might just make one today and get stuff for some soup. Mike works until closing today, again. So, he won't get up until 10 or 11 this morning.

The long armer called, all three quilts are ready to pick up. Dianne and I are going tomorrow to pick them up. I'll have three to bind. I made the binding for the aunts' quilts yesterday... I hope it's enough! John's top is waiting for the backing. I hope it will be on the way today. Thanks/mas is on 12/6. I still have time, but not a lot! I want to get that done!

Monique, I know what you mean about getting a new machine. Wouldn't it be lovely! Yesterday, my husky was struggling over those half square triangles where they matched on the rows. I think he was as tired as I was.

Maybe soon, I'll get to finish packing up my sewing room. lol!

Have a great day! Prayers for those in need, for healing touches, for grace, peace and comfort. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning ‼️☀️🌻

Monique, I hope today gives you a wee bit of time (at least) to sew or relax.
      Katrina, my you sure have gotten lots done….your end is in sight…..whew!

I’m sew happy with my machine, I don’t dream of anything new….yet!

Yesterday was jam packed. So much to do, so little time. We have 8 birthdays between now and the new year. And 1 anniversary…..and Christmas! This time of year is soooo stressful. The shopping, cleaning, decorating, cooking, cards (and my printer is dead!) I write something in every card, but use the printer for labels.

My it’s cold, mostly it’s windy….but I’m thankful for the sunshine.

I may not be able to get back here before thanksgiving, but wanted y’all to know how thankful I am to each and every one of you. Y’all make my life happier for just being there. I wish all a wonderful feast and thankful day 🦃‼️💕💗
      💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that's a lot of celebrations. And this is a much harder time of year to shop as everyone seems to be getting busy for holidays. Happy Thanksgiving.

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Thanksgiving.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Thanksgiving, quilty friend! I am thankful for you. ❤🍁🦃

Good Morning…The Girls just woke us up needing to go outside. It’s quite cold this morning. Yesterday early we had a thin layer of ice on everything outside. It’s getting to be that time of the year.

Today I have to make myself get some things done that I put off yesterday. The turkey needs to come out of the freezer and begin it’s long soak to defrost. Tomorrow I will bake a cake and make a couple of the sides. I hope to have our big Thanksgiving meal done at noon or so and then we can snack in the evening if we are hungry again. The leftovers are Jeff’s favorite part. I’m not making a big deal about dinner this year.

I think I will mail our Christmas cards early this year since everything is so different and slower than usual. I’m looking forward to decorating the tree, listening to Christmas music and baking cookies. I used to not care for Snickerdoodle cookies but now they are one of my favorites. I love my friend Inge’s Danish butter cookie best of all. Jeff will make his peanut clusters as usual and help me with the baking and do the sampling!

I guess I will get myself moving. Wishing everyone a great day.

61ADB2F3-1D9B-417E-B7B3-A86B6EFEF77B.jpg

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Mary Lynn
        Mary Lynn commented
        Editing a comment
        Leftovers are the best!

• Cathy F
        Cathy F commented
        Editing a comment
        Barb, my turkey banner you made me is hung up too!

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Barb....that Turkey banner is absolutely adorable!!! Great job!

I was so glad to see you, Monique and you Katrina, up early. I just wanted to be with my friends this cold mountain morning. I got up tat 2 to feed the fire and really didn't go back to GOOD sleep so go up at 6.
      Yesterday, I pretty much just stayed inside. My eyes have been getting worse by the day and reading has become very difficult so I turned on the television and went to roku and watched a few episodes of BULL that I had missed.
      I did unbox the Juki (my Christmas gift) to make sure it would sew. I read the manual first, then I threaded the bobbin, then the machine, then I did a forward and backward stitch and put her back in the box. She is going to be such a dream. The sound is a nice purr...not the electronic humm. The stitches are wonderful although, I can't wait to fiddle with stitch length etc and try a little free motion but that is for Christmas and I will wait. Bad enough that I know whats in the package without spoiling ALL the surprise. DH thinks I'm being funny. What I really am impressed with is the all metal body. How sturdy she seems and the thread holder...wow.
      Now, don't be jealous...if you have a machine that works and is loyal and faithful, hug her and tell her to just chug along.
      I wrote my letter to Husqvarna yesterday and was going to get it to the copy place today to mail it when I had a memory of another repair that I did not include in my letter. There have been so many that the one in late June had slipped my mind. I will need to search the forum to find the dates on that one because for some reason, that paperwork is not with my machine. Thank you forum for keeping all our posts (complaints and all)
      Today I will take MIL grocery shopping and I will get a few things of produce. We will celebrate DS's birthday as well (Dec 3) since it makes since for him to have his family wish him in person. I will make him a german choc cake I think (my favorite...but he likes everything) ha ha.
      DS called me yesterday and we talked about his cataract surgery last week. He had a lot of pain around his eye but is delighted that he can see again without the quadruple images he was having. We had lasik at the same doctor in 1999 and the cataract came at the same time. They claim there is no connection. His , at age 46 came on because of an accident they say...mine is just plain old age. anyway, (he is a pharmacist) says that he had an extra container of both of the eyedrops I will need so I will save that expense.
      Fuji is being extra quiet this morning. He slept curled up in the bathroom sink last night.. don't know what that was about. Yesterday, the neighbors horse galloped up thru the neighboring pasture and it was very very noisy and Fuji looked on from the top of the ridge down in the pasture and then hightailed it into the house and hasn't wanted to go out since. Wonder what he had in his little mind.

success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
      Terry of NC

Comment

• quiltingaway
        quiltingaway commented
        Editing a comment
        I am so happy you unboxed the Juki and gave it a test drive. Doubly happy that you are impressed with it's weight and purr. I hope it serves you well for many years. Gotta tell you though - I wouldn't have been able to put it back in the box.

• grammaterry
        grammaterry commented
        Editing a comment
        well, sort of in the box...not with all the packing and stuff. Still has a cone of thread on it and now the new cover is on it but in the box none the less.

Good Morning

It’s a winter wonderland here this morning. Snow squalls set up off the lakes last night & we have about 15 cm. Our driveway man was here by 6 & cleared it. The town is now working at our street. Snow has stopped & it is to be a clear day. Yesterday’s errands were done in a mix of sun & snow squalls.

I got a bit of sewing done yesterday. Playing with a Christmas panel with no real plan, so trial & error to see what works. I had no problem with my FW yesterday so don’t know what was wrong on Sunday.

We have tv installers coming today to tidy up mess made by cable installer. He left with cables running every direction & box falling off mantle. When weather clears I want to go to library & Town office to attend to some details.

Enjoy your day & stay safe.
      Mary Lynn Ontario Canada

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Where do you live that you're getting snow?

• Mary Lynn
        Mary Lynn commented
        Editing a comment
        I live in Ontario Canada. We get squalls off Lake Huron.

Good morning! I made it to Atlanta in a very smooth and hassle free flight. Zipped through TSA in 5 minutes, flight left exactly on time, just 1 hour in the air, luggage beat me to the pickup, SIL picked me up quickly! We hung out for a while, got some lunch, I unpacked some stuff. Later I visited her sewing room and reintroduced myself to Sammy Singer S16. I started on my OBW project, and they are coming together quickly!

We are going to a quilt shop today, and tomorrow to see the Atlanta version of the Van Gogh Experience. I saw it in STL, it was in a tent structure, I think the Atlanta one is in a building. So it promises to be different!

Their dog is 13, is gimpy and slow, but he let Granny pet him for a very long time after I arrived. No, he INSISTED that Granny pet him for a long time! He sleeps a lot, it will be sad to see him cross the Rainbow Bridge, but I think they know that is coming. They lost their other dog last year. I can’t see this family without a dog.

Off for today’s adventures! Have a great day!

Comment

• Ruthie734
        Ruthie734 commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you made it safely! Enjoy your time there.

• Cathy F
        Cathy F commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like your visit is off to a great start.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        I'm happy to hear your flight was uneventful and all on time. You wasted no time to get to a sewing machine, Enjoy your visit.

Jean, it is good to know your flight was good and you made it there safely
      success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
      Terry of NC

Comment

Have a great day and a wonderful visit. 🎉🎉
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Terry, like you, I am always glad to see friends up early on the Forum. My fur babies like to get up very early to go out and then go back to sleep in my lap. Most mornings I make my coffee and hold them while I read the Forum news. I like to read in the mornings while everything is quiet and still.
          I got a lot done yesterday running errands. I bought groceries for the dinner, bought dog food at the vet’s, ate lunch, shopped at Target, and went to AAA. I even purchased a nice “gift” for myself. While cleaning my kitchen this week I noticed how much room my big Kitchen Aid stand mixer took up on the counter. I never use it anymore since I’m by myself so I decided to get rid of it. My daughter said she wants it. She bakes a lot. This makes us both happy. While shopping in Meijer, I saw a smaller stand mixer which was just what I wanted. I bought it! It looks great on my counter and doesn’t take up nearly as much space. I will use this one because it’s not so big and bulky. Last night I realized I had forgotten to pick up the ham and turkey at Honey Baked! I will get them this morning when I go in to pick up GGS. Today I have some last minute cleaning to do while keeping GGS. That should be fun! I have made lists so I know what I need to do every day since I am so busy. Friday’s list says “REST”. I enjoy having the kids come home for a dinner. I am happy we can be together and I always love cooking for them.

I must get up and get some work done. I hope you all enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Editing a comment
            I am all for not keeping items we do not use, and glad to pass along to someone who will enjoy it.

• Mimi_Howard
            Mimi_Howard commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that I only cook for one, I have been downsizing my kitchen appliances. Smaller and lighter and easier to clean, I am all about that! What's that saying... work smarter not harder!

• CarlieBlilie
            CarlieBlilie commented
            Editing a comment
            My fur babies are the same except the 15 yo. The puppies get me up anywhere from 5 to 7 and then snuggle in my lap and under a blanket now that it is getting colder. They will sleep for several hours.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I had a busy day yest., too. I guess it's that time of year. I did 4 loads of laundry, had PT at 11:40. She used some E-Stim. on my R. knee, which I hadn't had before. Went to the post office. Because of street work, I had to detour around to get there. A long line, but it moved fairly quickly. The bin of boxes was full. I think a lot of folks are mailing early this year, which I hope to do, too. A young couple was in line; they had a huge 55" TV box they wanted to mail. They lifted it up & it teetered on the scale. Too big; they couldn't mail it. I just had a book to mail, which I sent media rate, the cheapest rate. I have other books to mail, but I need to get some padded mailers; the ones I have on hand are too big. I also worked on mail -- assorted cards. Two of our guild members had deaths in the family, & BD cards for others & a Thanksgiving card for my DGD, in which I included a letter. We received a T-Day card from DH's older son with a 2-page letter. It was soooo good to hear from him. He seldom writes, & never calls.

Our mail delivery was very late yest. We're w/o a reg. carrier now, so are having subs. With the early darkness, I had to go out with the flashlight. The mail was delivered some time between 5 & 6 p.m. One time it was almost 8 p.m.! I don't care to go out in the dark, but I don't want to leave any mail in the box over night.

I was hoping to avoid the groc. store & the pre-T-Day rush this week, but DH mentioned yest. he's almost out of salmon, so I guess I'll make an early run over there this a.m. The fish doesn't get put out into the display cases until ~9 a.m., so I'll go over after my breakfast. I'll be cutting up salmon later today. I just hope the check-out line isn't a mile long. One time I needed to go to the store before one of the holidays. The line snaked around about half way around the store. It took 30 min. to even get to the check-out stand. I'm hoping it won't be that bad today.

Yest. was a beautiful sunny day. Our high was 67. I watered the front lawn in the afternoon & did some hand watering. Mornings are ~30 deg., enough to freeze the bird water. I went out with a hammer the past 2 mornings to break the ice. Then I add hot water so it won't re-freeze. Gotta keep the birds happy. The creek is just 2 houses away, but I think the birds like the security of the fenced yard.

Comment

• Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            In our town the grocery store just had two checkouts….the second one is very seldom open. No one ever seems to mind. Some years we sing Christmas carols while we wait in line.

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            Our groc. store is a Kroger affiliate & is a large super market. It was busy, but not crazy. I'm not sure how many check stands there are. There are at least 4 self check-outs & maybe 10 or more checkered stands. The store announced overhead to line up at the end of the line. However, they didn't have the barrier out yet. I think there were only 2 people ahead of me, which wasn't bad. There was a store employee showing customers which check stand to go to.

I was pleased to discover the salmon was on sale for $7.99 (reg. $9.99)/lb. Three large filets was close to $100. They still were out of my Egglands Best XL eggs, so I had to buy a dif. brand. Head lettuce was $1.99, & they were smaller than usual. I got a much larger, nice head at Safeway on Sun. for $1.79.

What a balmy day we're having! It's up to 75! It was only 28 this a.m. It's the "warm before the storm". Tomorrow it's supposed to be only 40 with a chance of rain, possibly mixed with snow.

Well, DH is about finished with his lunch, so it's time to get to the salmon prep for the freezer. This will last him ~6 wks. I don't eat it.

• grammaterry
            grammaterry commented
            Editing a comment
            I checked price of head lettuce at grocer today $2.48..Avacadoes $3 each, still no soup veggies in frozen food

Good morning everyone. It's been busy over here. Weather has been beautiful, but I have been indoors. The sewing room contents are all in the hallway and dining room. Had to remove everything so that I could have the carpet stretched. Today, the journey begins to get everything back in there. I felt like it was just one scrap bin after another coming out of the closet. I really need to concentrate on sewing those things up. And, what did I do, go to the LQS, of course and buy more fabric for a baby quilt to gift to my nephew. Just couldn't help myself. No dreams of new machines here. My dream is to sew up this stash. I told DS I need to dedicate at least 2 hours each day to sewing.

DS arrived Sunday evening. His flight was actually early. I had picked up DGD so we could surprise him at the airport, but she fell asleep in the car. There is construction at the airport, has been for some time now. Traffic was crazy, but he met us at the car and we were on our way. So far it has been a great visit. He is having to work some while here, but that's ok.
          Karen
          Spring, TX

Comment

• grammaterry
            grammaterry commented
            Editing a comment
            Now you are making sewing 2 hours a day sound like a job. lol. Those scraps will make the most beautiful quilts you know.

Good morning,

Thankful for each of you and to see your posts. It's been a little crazy nuts here this week with the dynamics of life. The balls are all juggled and everything will get done. Hopefully, there will no melt-downs in the next week.

I managed to stitch out one block on a pillow project.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
          A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
          Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Good morning all,
            I can't believe November is just whizzing by. It's sunny but cold, just above freezing, but hey at least we don't have snow, yet.

I didn't do much of anything yesterday except go to my sewing room. I pieced another binding for a VQC quilt from my left-over bindings -- this one B/W & reds. I sewed it on, and I'm almost done the hand sewing. That's 4 quilts I have made in the past 10 days. I am pleased. I cleaned up the batting scraps and left-over flannel backing and bagged them to pass along. I keep a few of the wider than 6" strips of backing in case I need to add to another top that might be longer than standard size provided. Now to focus on my own projects. I have a few quilts I had hoped to make for relatives this xmas, but that's not going to happen. That's ok, they didn't know, so aren't expecting. We ordered chinese for dinner, but mostly I wanted Hot & Sour soup & extra. This is the best soup next to chicken noodle that makes me feel better. I still have pain on my sinuses, and have started antibiotic drops for the pink eye. It seems better this am, but still leaking a bit. I will continue treatment as prescribed. I wonder if there isn't a connection to the Capsulotomy procedure that I had a few weeks ago. Humm.

My son is having surgery this morning, his sister is his driver. Good to know they always look out for each other. Such a different relationship between them, compared to my brother and me. Brother, you say, absentia from family.

I placed a M* order today, and posted about the huge increase in international shipping. Would have been nice to know.

Well got to run -- enjoy your day and for those preparing for Thanksgiving with family, try to take it easy and enjoy your time together.

Appreciate what you have.jpg
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              Prayers for your son’s surgery today. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery.

• Mimi_Howard
              Mimi_Howard commented
              Editing a comment
              Will lift a prayer for your son. I am lucky that my son and daughter are "friends" and either will drop what they are doing if the other needs them.

My Thanksgiving cooking is getting accomplished, I made sweet potato casserole and dressing yesterday, both are in the freezer until tomorrow along with the pies I made Saturday or Sunday.
            While the housekeeper was here yesterday I also did some sewing, made three masks and cut out a skirt and vest for DGD. The vest is stretchy velvet with sparkles and I didn't think I would be able to sew it without my Viking but the little featherweight did wonderfully. I may get the clothes zipped together today or tomorrow after a store trip and linens change. It is a super simple pattern I am using Christmas fabric so want to get it done soon.
            I need to check on the turkey to make sure it is thawing ok. I think I will really stuff it this year instead of just an onion, celery and apple. I don't think I have ever done that, I remember how good the stuffing was that my mother used to make.😋
            I hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving with friends and family or blissfully alone. 😘
            Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• chelea
              chelea commented
              Editing a comment
              Cathy, I would love to do my stuffing in the crock pot. My recipe has ground beef and Italian sausage in addition to the bread, onions and celery, but the meats are all fully cooked before I put it in the oven. How long do you cook yours in the crock pot?

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Editing a comment
              I love a bread stuffing, but I usually cook it separately. I do stuff the turkey with celery, carrot and onion.
              I stuffed it one year, but didn't realize it took longer to cook. So back to making in a pan, that way I have lots extra.

• Claire Hallman
              Claire Hallman commented
              Editing a comment
              Stuffing vs dressing, I love them both. I already have a pan of dressing made [with broth] and frozen to be thawed later today and baked tomorrow. I am going to make more today to go inside Tom. We will have way too much, haha. Thanks for the reminder regarding extra baking time.
          Working...
          X