Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

Just wanted to wish you all a lovely holiday with friends and family. It will be just Michael & I this year so I have our dinner feast sorted. Plan on Christmas decorating this weekend but we did get the outside lights hung a couple of weeks ago during a warm front. I’m going to go to 2 shops on Black Friday….my small town’s quilt shop and a vintage shop…always so cute during the holidays…like I need more Christmas decor…lol…

All my Christmas sewing is done and boxes shipped. I’m working on projects for me now. As much work as the Kimberbell Boo-Levard bench pillow was (and I swore I wouldn’t tackle anything that detailed for awhile)..I am almost done with Kimberbell’s Candy Cane Lane Bench pillow. Not as much hand embroidery but equally adorable. I’ll share with you when done…

I had a friend over a couple of weeks ago and she fell in love with my Kimberbell Love Notes quilt hanging in my sewing room. One of her hobbies (or charitable work) is writing letters to elders all over the country. She makes her own cards, too. As much as I love this little quilt (and all the work), I’m gifting this to her……I love when this happens….I bought her a cute curtain rod today so, tomorrow, I’m surprising her and will help hang it in her studio…

So, that is the happenings here…just thought I’d check in with warm hugs for the holidays. Keep safe!
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your friend will be so excited to receive that, and it is so nice when you know your hard work is loved and appreciated, even if it is hard letting go of one of your favorites. I haven't put up any Christmas decorations yet but we received 3 cards today already. I haven't even bought my cards yet. Oh oh. I better get on it. We are going to my ddd's for Thanksgiving but I am making dinner rolls and pies. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgivings too. What a beautiful quilt to gift to your friend I'm sure it will hold a special place in her heart for your generosity.
      Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

What a wonderful gift…truly from your heart. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Hubby.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Safe travels to all traveling during this busy time.

59619-28385-cctg2014s11001100wtn.1200w.tn.jpg
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all…..I am thankful for all of you 💕
            Last edited by Star lover; December 4, 2021, 12:37 AM.
            💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all my forum friends, I hope it is a blessed week, full of love, family, friends and peace. I know we are all going to start hussling tomorrow to make it a perfect feast for our loved ones , sharing and caring with those we care about.
              For those of you who are a lone, I wish for a wonderful quiet and peaceful day, filled with joy from your sewing room. Treat yourself kindly...go out for a meal, share one with a neighbor. We love you and have you in our thoughts.
              success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
              Terry of NC

Comment

• geegeequilts
                geegeequilts commented
                Editing a comment
                Terry, I couldn't have said it any better. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your hubby. Gina

Wishing all of my forum (quilty buddies) the happiest and healthiest Thanksgiving. It's hard to believe that this year is coming to a close!
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanksgiving wishes to you and Michael. May your day be special.

Please show us the bench pillow. You must be a pro with these projects. I just finished the first block on Candy Cane and added the separate KB embroidery designs for the background. Not sure if it is right or not.
                A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
                Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

I would like to add my Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all of my forum friends!!!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all have a safe and peaceful holiday.
                    Michele
                    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! 🦃 🎉
                      Maria
                      Alberta, Canada

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all the forum friends who celebrate this day

Comment

• Bubby
                          Bubby commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you, Rosario.

Happy Thanksgiving!! Gobble, gobble! 🍁🦃🍂I am truly thankful for all my forum friends....again. 😊
                        Hike ~ BC, Canada

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Your friend will be so excited and surprised when she see that quilt in her sewing room! Wish we could see her face. Times like this are why we quilt.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
                          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
                          X