My Sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Sister

I lost my sister a few days ago. She passed in her sleep as far as anyone can tell. The M.E. didn't even come out. Heard her age and all the problems and medications she had and said nope. So things went fast. We attended a viewing yesterday and i hadn't even seen her for years and years. Inner family problems.
    the pic in my avatar is the both of us. she is the taller one!!
    Stephen,Sandra, Warren and Carolyn (me) 1992.jpg in this one, my Nephew is on far left, then my sister, then my son and me. long, long ago time. in the 90's I think. She was 81.
    It took us over an hour to drive to the viewing. The traffic here is terrible. My long time friend was able to come so we went out to eat afterward and came home in the dark and more traffic. Scary to me!! My hip muscles actually hurt today, i think i tensed up all the way home!
    😇

So sorry for your loss. You have my deepest sympathy.

Comment

• nativetexan
      nativetexan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much. It is a difficult part in life.

I'm so sorry for your loss. And doubly sorry for the "inner family problems". That can make a death even more painful because there is often times unresolved issues. Peace to you.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. Problematic relationships can be tough to deal with when death is involved. My prayers go out to you and your family. Hugs.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'm so sorry. Having experienced the loss of an estranged family member this year I can empathize with you. Wishing you comfort and peace.
        Michele
        ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

• nativetexan
          nativetexan commented
          Editing a comment
          That seems to be a familiar thing to many families. My son's ex in-laws, my sister's grandson and his Dad, etc. Boy, life is a learning experience for certain. But letting go and trying to at least understand the why's or maybe's helps a great deal. I've learned that at least.
          My sister and I got along beautifully. it was just her wish no one come to the house due to what ever. So time went on and i lived in Colorado 25 years.
          Last edited by nativetexan; November 20, 2021, 04:05 PM. Reason: just added clarification.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I think every family has some issues we would rather not have. Just try to remember the good times that you had with your sister.

Comment

My deepest condolences. I imagine you always hoped that one day you and your sister would be able to patch up your differences and have some kind of relationship. You must be going through a lot of difficult emotions right now. Think of the old days and the good times and don't be too hard on yourself.

Comment

• nativetexan
            nativetexan commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh it really was not my Sister or I that had the problems.
            Well she did but due to her home life. At least she didn't want to upset him was always what she said. She'd been very unhappy for decades but stayed. Her son isn't communicative either. Even with his own son. Bad vibes travel downward through generations.
            Last edited by nativetexan; November 20, 2021, 04:01 PM. Reason: just got back from the graveside service. My nephew and his son were there. I haven't seen them either in so long. People just don't stay in contact enough.

So sorry for your loss,
          One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace and comfort during this difficult time.
            Katrina
            From NC, retired in FL
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

My prayers are with you today and of course, always but most of all during this time of loss. Losing a sibbling feels like you are suddenly left alone in the world even when you hadn't been close for a time.
              success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
              Terry of NC

Comment

So sorry for your loss. We lost our brother this year after 10 years of no contact. I do share your pain.
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

Sending thoughts of comfort to you. May your heart know peace.
                  A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
                  Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sincere condolences as you grieve.
                    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

So sorry and so sad that your sister passed away and the fences weren’t mended…..I think you’re right……so many have inner unresolved family issues. Hope you have peace and all I can do is send lots of love across the miles….and the internet 💕💕
                      💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, regardless of the circumstances. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                        X