Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    I have one of those sewing machine pencil sharpeners. Can't remember where I got it, but it's on my sewing knick knack shelf.

• MAMSAN
    replied
    Well, here I sit in S.W. Florida where the temp was in the 90's today. While I don't think I'd like temps in the 20's ( from Ill), I surely would like some cooler weather,as the heat has been horrendous this year.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    Those 20's temps. are due here tonight. Not really looking forward to cold, cold weather. But I'm thankful all our winterizing got done in a timely fashion. I bet some folks are scrambling this week to get their sprinkler systems blown out.

• Retha
    replied
    Haven't done much today. Did get to go walk. It was a nice 29 degree morning with no wind. Very nice walk. I have done 1 more doily using Kingstar metallic thread and only had 2 thread breaks.

Retha

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    commented on 's reply
    Aw, a metal sewing machine pencil sharpener. I have an elephant pencil sharpener. Not the same thing!

• TMP
    replied
    Good Afternoon,

I am late posting today . I slept in and just have been lazy. I washed a scrappy quilt that I finished last week. I washed the quilt as I usually do cold water , tumble dry low, its more so than normal wrinkled . I am glad I didn't give it to someone. I am going to use it for when Sandy gets to cuddle on the couch. I know quilts wrinkle but, I can not figure out why it is this bad wrinkled unless it is the fact I am down to the poor quality fabric scraps and they just are that , poor quality.

I ordered the fabric for The Hungry Caterpillar Superstar quilt. Ben is obsessed with Eric Carle books , so Caroline says. The quilt seems to be really simple piecing but the unorganized placement of the prints and colors is not my usual organized placement. Hope that makes sense. I really had not planned on starting anymore projects before the holidays.

Yesterday, I took the featherweight to a repair shop in Homewood for cleaning ect. The lady thought it was in really good shape and said I would probably get years of sewing out of her. Its going to be 4 weeks before its done. She said for the past year they have been super busy. I want to find a case for her. I have been looking on line and pricing them.

Amanda found me the cutest little sewing machine that is metal and a pencil sharpener. (looks like a featherweight). 9 year old John Avery wants it so bad he can't stand it. He said Grand mommy doesn't sharpen pencils she doesn't need this mom. I may have to hide it.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied
    been trying to find this thread most of the day wadding thru spam but finally found it on page 5 of new topics. So here I am
    The sewing machine is being shipped today from Husqvarna. They have done a lot of work (she said she would get me the list) and had gone thru it with a fine tooth comb and sewed on it for 1 1/2 hours. I said , "oh good, that will cut down on the time I will have to sew to get it to break again" She laughed and said that if it happens again she is going to be stomping mad at them. I don't know what to wish for....a working machine or a break down...hummm
    We went fishing yesterday and caught a whole mess of croaker. We were not hungry enough for dinner last night so we saved them for today. We went fishing today and only caught on scrawny looking croaker we thru back. Funny how somedays they bite and somedays not. However, DH was grumbling this morning that he really didn't have time to go fishing he had too much to do and so I knew he wasn't in the mood. I think theres something to being optimistic about life but I'm not saying so.
    I have put together the scrappy quilt top and there were so many more blocks left that I made a few more and I will have enough to make the back from them so it will be reversible. Can't believe all those scraps. There are still a bunch. Anyway, I will get this sandwiched in the next few days and take it back to the mountains when I pick up the machine and try to get it quilted and finished. Something to do...right?
    I hate that the good weather is coming to an end. I really dislike winter. I need to find reasons to enjoy it. Right now I am focused on thinking what I will need to spend the winter in the mountains. I can only take so much in my truck bed. Fuji will be taking up the front and back seats. Ha.
    Life here on the coast is good and I will miss all my new friends and ease of shopping. Then in the spring, DH and I will have to have a real discussion on whether to keep the house here. We will have been here two years which means we could sell it without capital gains assuming those rules don't change.
    Sorry I was so late to the party today. I love you all.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    commented on 's reply
    Suzanne, that’s what the fruit fly traps seem to have as bait. Not many are drawn to it for some reason, and I have three set around my kitchen.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    We had a metal roof put on about 5 years ago. We are also fixing up the house, so that we can remain here with the least of maintenance. This is why I want to renovate our bathroom. We have a jacuzzi bathtub / shower combination. It is very high to climb into, and frankly a hazard. I want to have a large no-edge/lip shower, no trip hazard with a seat. We both agree we never want to go to long-term care place. We can bring in people to help us if need be.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    Good morning everyone,
    I think it will be overcast today -- chance of sun, chance of rain. I guess they want to be 50% right. Yesterday, rained all day, so I quilted another VQC top on LA, and I finished piecing the back of my native quilt. I am pleased. Now to decide how to quilt it. I won't load, until I have a plan for it. I also straightened up the sewing room. Sorted the batting scraps and flannels pieces from the last 10 VQC tops I did. I folded them to give to our group coordinator. I keep the larger pieces of flannel and batting to piece together -- from 3-4 tops I usually have enough batting for one top. I keep the flannel in case I need to add it to a quilt that is larger than standard sizes. We ran errands in morning and stopped for lunch. You need to show proof of double vaccination to eat inside. I had printed a shrunk version but it only showed 1 dose. Luckily they have a huge tent, and we ate outside. I pulled the correct one to keep in my purse.

Today, I signed up to get the flu shot at my pharmacy. Then DH wants to go wrap the boat hulls with new tarp -- told the buyer he would do that. He comes tonight to get all the stuff from the garage. I can't wait to see it gone. My daughter sent me the name of company doing the closets in new home, and they also do garages -- floors, cupboards, organization. I will keep them in mind to get a quote this winter. I have to work on hubby to get him to agree to the bedroom renovation in addition to our bathroom.

Tomorrow my gf is picking me up -- we will pick up more rolls of batting and backing for VQC quilts. Then we will go to her sister's church hall to cut them. It's perfect with table set up. I have 4 finished tops to give her. Then we have dinner invitation with our group of friends -- lucky 7. Saturday is guild Sew Day -- I will have to think of what I plan to work on.

Time for another coffee and get the day going. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    Oh my -- that is so sad for the postal worker. I can't imagine anyone doing that.

• Ginny B
    replied
    Good morning. Can't believe it is Thursday. The week flew by. It has been busy week. I think today will be a take it easy day. We will be heading up to John and Rob"s for the weekend.

I got the burp cloth order completed and will now move on to the last Secret Santa gift. If I can just figure out what that will be. There is always just one that is a challenge for me.

I also have an Elsa and Anna panel that I am going to turn into a quilt for Tessa. I need to pick some fabric for the borders for that. I also have a flannel blanket and some burp cloths for a gift to get to..

We will see what I will tackle today. Hubby and I took a walk to the library on Tuesday so I may just spend a couple hours reading this afternoon. They have been working on the new library for quite some time. The pandemic slowed that down considerably. They had the soft opening right before we were leaving for Hawaii so I didn't go then but I was anxious to get there and see our new, updated building. It was nice to be just wandering about through rows and rows of books. I am happy that I have my Kindle but there is just something special about holding a book and settling in for some reading time.

Time to get this slow moving day moving a bit more. Have a good day everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; October 14, 2021, 08:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    Put some apple cider vinegar in a glass, saran wrap on top, poke a few holes. They will all be drawn in and drowned in no time.

• Mimi_Howard
    replied
    Good Morning everyone. Sounds like "fickle weather" is the norm lately. Today 70 and tomorrow 90 for me. Started weed wacking yesterday and only lasted about 5 minutes, silly me didn't check the battery.. yep it run dry! So just used the mower to cut the taller parts and called it a day. Figure I would save car washing until tomorrow, get myself somewhat wet while washing the car, should help keep me cooler.

Started picking out the seam area to do that mend for SIL's pants. Black thread on black pants, definitley the picking took longer than I thought it would. Today a couple minutes of sew time and the job will be done.

No real plans today or appts on the calendar this week... kinda gives you that feeling like something is missing!

Hope all have a happy and safe day today.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    commented on 's reply
    Have a great day, Rhonda! 🎃
Working...
X