Mail Carrier Shot in our City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail Carrier Shot in our City

I was shocked to learn as I was scrolling through the MSN headlines this afternoon to learn that a mail carrier in our city was shot about 12:30 noon today as he was delivering mail to one of those corner mail stands. It happened in the SW part of town, a residential neighborhood. A man dressed in black with a blue mask & dark hoody approached him & shot multiple times, then fled on foot. the postal employee died at the scene. Multiple officers & canine units have searched the area, but the shooter still is at large. They are hoping someone's home security camera may have captured something. Many residents were not home at the time. This is so sad. This type of thing just doesn't happen in our town. The Denver TV channels all carried coverage of the mail carrier shooting on the eve. news.

The last major shooting was that guy who opened fire in the King Soopers groc. store last spring in Boulder & killed 10 people. He still hasn't come to trial; there is a question of his competency to stand trial. A 2nd psychological testing has been granted.

As crazy as the world is getting, people STILL don't understand why I am a hermit. WAY too much of this.
    She who dies with the most quilts is......
    Still dead.
    What's your hurry?

Comment

Sadly we hear more and more tragedies like this daily. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to these things.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Starting to look a little like a Mad Max movie. No moral compass.
        She who dies with the most quilts is......
        Still dead.
        What's your hurry?

Comment

The front page news in our paper this a.m. mentions that the victim's ex-girlfriend (26) has been arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder. This appears to be an isolated incident & not tied to other postal shootings around the country.

Comment

So sad this happened.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

We live in a dangerous world anymore. It seems like the news is filled with people that never learned about a moral compass.
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh that is so sad. It sounds like he was targeted as a "person" and not a "postal worker".

What is wrong with people -- they say guns don't kill, people do. But maybe access to guns needs to be tightened up. I hate guns.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• auntstuff
                  auntstuff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have always owned guns. They have never gone out and killed anyone.....Mental health and lack of morals are the problem, not the guns. The whole "nut behind the wheel" thing. Do you blame the car for the drunk driver?

It’s not the guns, it’s the easy access to them. Cars can be set up for the driver to blow a negative breathalyzer before the ignition will start. What safeguards are there to prevent a gun from being fired? To me, it’s not unreasonable to have background checks and a waiting period to screen for mental illness and criminal activity.

Comment

• auntstuff
                  auntstuff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We HAVE background checks and waiting periods. We ALSO have a lot of criminals who get around all that, just like any drunk can trade cars and bypass the breathalizer thing. Until you can make HUMANS responsible for themselves, neither is foolproof. Neither the guns nor the cars are responsible. And people seem to have forgotten to teach their children better.

Oh gosh, Texas gave gun rights to everyone. No permit needed I don't think. It will be like the old West soon. Scary. Well Scarier, if i spelled that right!

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I have never even held a gun, and managed to raise 6 sons without even one of them own a toy gun.
                  My DIL grew up in the country, always had access to guns/hunting. Both her uncle & her grandfather used hunting rifles to commit suicide.
                  That said, I agree with AuntStuff. IMO, we need to do a better job of addressing mental health issues in our culture.

Comment

My entire family have taken gun training and have our permits to carry. I often travel alone and feel better knowing I can defend myself. My daughter and her roommate do a lot of traveling, and two young women alone can be at risk. She usually has her gun with her when traveling. We had to have background checks both before getting the permits and before we bought our guns. Like AuntStuff says, criminals can always get guns. I feel we law-abiding people should be able to have access to protection if we choose to. It's not something everyone wants, but those who do, should be able to legally own firearms.

Comment

• JCY
                      JCY commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree. I heard on the radio that many women are arming themselves. We live in troubling, unsafe times. It's good to have that protection just in case.

• MSN
                      MSN commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No argument from me. All I want is responsible gun ownership.

The news is now reporting there was a custody battle ongoing with this couple. Very sad for the child -- father dead & mother in jail. I hope there is a loving relative who can help & the child won't end up in foster care.

Comment

Working...
                    X