Winter in Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter in Wyoming

Winter came to Central Wyoming. Really didn't get much snow. Got some rain and then it snowed so was very slick. I stayed pretty close to home. But it is supposed to warm up by the end of the week. We will see.

Retha

I’m not ready for winter, but I guess Wyoming residents must be ready for anything in October!

Comment

The first winter weather in our part of Missouri usually comes on or near Halloween. I’ve seen it snow in early October and as late as May. You never quite know what to expect day to day. Weather forecasts are seldom accurate except for “trends”….warming trend or cooling trend. The rest is a crapshoot. Today it’s gloomy with high wind and some rain punctuated with ultra bright streaks of sunshine while it thunders in the background. We’ve had two different rainbows and a lightning strike in our woods so far. The installers are working as best they can. They must have sent us the A-Team, as they sure are a nice group of guys. I decided to cook them all lunch, chicken and dumplings, peas, homemade dinner rolls and applesauce. Brownies for dessert. They can fill their plates and eat outside on the patio. The secretary from the company sent us chocolates. I love to feed people.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I’m not ready for winter either. I wish it would stay in the 70’s all year.

Comment

I love autumn in New England. We're having a couple of warm weeks here (70-75*F) but at least it's not icky-sticky hot. Since we had so much rain this summer, the leaves are late in turning, but "peak week" is on its way!

Comment

Here in Riverton we didn't get as much as other parts of the state. The North East really got hit. Yesterday it warmed up to about 32 and this morning a very nice 29 degrees. Perfect morning to walk, but I did wear my stocking hat to cover my ears.

Retha

Comment

ooooh, 29 degrees. I'm not ready for winter. I hope DH is only having fantasies of winters in the mountains. I'm thinking when he starts firing up the old wood stove and knowing that we need a new one of those, that he will fondly remember that little switch here at the coast that gives us central heat. We shall see. Temps here at the coast seemed to hover around the 50's last year . It was rainy, but, really...not zero at night.
              success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
              Terry of NC

Comment

I will take winter over the summer and early fall we've had in Wisconsin! The humidity has been horrible! It makes every joint in my body ache and I also notice it does the same to my dog who has arthritis. Today is the first morning it's been in the 50s and with low dew point and I love it!

Comment

Working...
                X