Welcome Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Wednesday

Good morning friends. Well I did make it to quilt guild yesterday. I signed up for a workshop in early Jan using the whack and stack method but not using several yards of fabric. It sounded really interesting. It was nice to get back to it. I have missed the friendships. We were 2 to a table and a lady joined me that I didn't know. It was really nice to talk 'shop'. I managed to get a few groceries while I was out. Doug loaned me his car.

Not sure what today will bring just yet. All the laundry got done yesterday and dried really nice with the beautiful weather we have been having. Today we have showers. I got clean bedsheets on the bed along with a new bedskirt and mattress pad. My soon to be daughter-in-law gave me a weighted blanket to use. It's heavy for sure and warm. Not sure about it just yet.

Have a great day everyone. Be kind, safe and healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning. Today our new a/c unit arrives. The weather is atrocious and it looks like it may even be worse tomorrow. If they have to reschedule that’s fine with us. I have a feeling they will be here. If the Girls get too wound up I will take them for a long ride.

Yesterday I got my hair cut nice and short to get rid of the frizz. It will grow back fast and in the meantime I have carefree hair! I’m healing well from my last dermatology encounter except for my wrist.

Yesterday the fridge in our garage stopped working. It’s full of food and we have very little room in the freezers and fridge in the house. We worked on it yesterday and it tried to run. Jeff thinks it’s the compressor. We really don’t need this issue right now.

It’s time for me to start the day. Wishing everyone blessings. 🍁

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh dear. When it rains, it seems to pour. I hope that you don't lose any food in your fridge.

• nativetexan
      nativetexan commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha, ha. I still owe $5,000 on my A/C unit and got a text yesterday telling me i could save 50 to 70% off a new A/C!!!! odd.

Good morning! Rain is in our forecast, but I will be sewing. My Thread Head cohort volunteered to help me! Love having company while I sew, but she likes her spaces neat, so I need to unpile my sewing area before she arrives! We will be sewing prom dresses for the Wonderettes.

The girls tried on their go go dresses last night, and they fit pretty well. Will finish these off later. They just need their trim and hems.

Gotta go, to get ready for my friend. A pig lives here, the stye is a mess! Have a great day!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Chilly, in the 30's this a.m., with a freeze warning. Much colder the rest of the week with a chance of rain (maybe mixed with snow) on Thurs. I heard thunder last eve.; I looked outside & it was raining steadily. DS said they lost power on his end of town during the storm. I was on the computer, so shut it down. It's on a good surger, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I started guild mtg. on Zoom last eve. The pic & sound quality were so poor, I gave up. The mtg. was held in person at the church. I haven't attended since they resumed in person. I'm getting so I really don't like to go out at night, & DH doesn't like to be left alone, even though he's already in bed.

The morning yest. was spent in the kitchen making chicken soup. It made 16 qts. Today is Bible study, then I need to stop by the store on the way home for salmon & ground turkey. It's time to mix up my patties again.

Comment

Good Morning All,

I think we're going to Bible Study this morning. I haven't heard any different. We'll see, right?

Mike's day off was busy. He drove me around to drop off and pick up. Then took his car to be detailed. It was expensive, but he wanted it to be done right. There were some scuff marks from poor parkers in the parking lot at his work. It looks great, well worth the money he paid.

I have the wind mitigation scheduled on Friday and I'll then I'll call the insurance for the home owners policy. My agent reshopped for me since the company I used for the last couple of years, just about doubled the premiums. That will all have to be taken care of before 11/1. Danny's always been great about finding quality companies that meet my needs.

Nothing much is going on around here. I've made my list of things that need to get done and I'll work on them as things come up.

Have a great day!
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning,

Katrina, We will be joining the club with you. Our agent needs to shop for better premiums for us too. I don't know if it will happen due to recent changes.

The dining room and living are in order again. The floors were mopped last night to get a start on the weekend cleaning. The sewing room still needs some TLC. It's a constant process as there isn't much room.

It's an office morning and then I'll help DH with his appointment. The doctor is still having virtual appointments. No need to travel any where.

Hope your day is great!
          A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
          Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            Tower Hill, is the company I'm thinking about going with. Apparently, Danny didn't realize we had solar panels. Anyway, it's still $1000 less than Olympus. I was in sticker shock when I got the notice from them, almost doubled from last year. Of course, that 'came' while I was out of town and it wasn't delivered with the bundle of mail. sigh. Thank goodness, I could go online to see the information!

Good Morning all. Managed to run couple of errands yesterday and today I should tackle the weed wacking. Friday and Saturday will be summer heat again, today is supposed to be the coolest. SIL did drop by yesterday with the pants she needed mending. The fix should be a quick one, seam actually came apart and no rips.

Just gonna be a tinkering type of day. Hope all have a safe and happy day today.

Comment

Good morning all,
            It's going to rain on / off all day and that suits me. just fine. Yesterday was a productive and celebratory day. We got to the sailing club and unwrapped and scrubbed the hulls. They were really grungy from a few years of no activity. We were done at 1, so came home and drove back for 4 to meet the buyer. He was thrilled and paid us on the spot. We shared a drink on the patio, and DH & I had dinner there afterwards. He will come Thursday to pick up the sails and stuff in our garage. I had a zoom guild meeting for 7, so joined a bit late. The guest speaker was Jen Kingswell from Australia. She talked about her quilting journey and shared many, many of her quilts. She hand pieces and quilts most of them. She sells patterns, and best known for her Gypsy Quilt pattern which has been renamed Wonderous Quilt. Personally, these quilts are so busy and not really my style. They are very scrappy, and while I like these at times, I found these unrestful. I cut out early as I was getting a headache. My body is in complaining due to all the sun I got, and sore arms and legs from scrubbing and climbing on the trailer.

No great plans for today, launder and change sheets, and time for Michaels's fall colour quilt. Take it easy on body kind of day for both of us. DH is going to Lowes, so I will tag along and check out the new xmas buildings for our train set up at Christmastime.

Enjoy your day.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
              Jean Sewing Machine commented
              Editing a comment
              So glad your sale ( sail?.,,) Went through! Big load off your mind!

Good morning all. Yesterday was a day of errands, but not super busy, First a trip to the post office to mail a package to my friend. It was a small box, but still glad to get it out of my garage. I managed to stitch most of the binding on the wedding gift quilt (finished this morning), and finished edging the yard. Called my sis last night. She is super busy getting ready for her pop-up sale that starts this weekend, so I will leave tomorrow instead of Friday to go help her. She does not have unlimited wifi, so I probably will not be posting for the next week.

Well, I need to go get photos of this quilt I just finished, deliver it, and go purchase some good walking shoes, in addition to packing and laundry. Take care, enjoy life, and stay healthy my friends.
            Karen
            Spring, TX

Comment

Working...
            X