Another Update on Jackie & Janine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Update on Jackie & Janine

In her last couple e-mails, my niece sounded rather discouraged & stressed out with the care giving. I called her this afternoon to learn the latest. Post-op follow-up was poor. No nurse or therapists came for home care. She finally called the social worker. Janine was getting no respite help. People from Jackie's church didn't come through. Jackie still is confused. She's also having vision problems. Without going into a lot of details, it's been decided that Jackie's friends from Mich. will drive next week to get her & take her back to MI. Apparently it's what Jackie wants. She'll stay with her friends & get treatment. Her records can be transferred. There also is other family in MI who may be able to help. It all was too much for Janine by herself. So after Jackie leaves for MI, Janine will drive back to TN, to her apt. & back to her job. If, down the road, the care giving in MI gets to be too much for her friends, they may have to put her in a nursing home. Janine was told Jackie's tumor is growing at the rate of 1 cm/day. Please continue to pray for them.

Lifting prayers for strength and healing.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I’m so sorry to hear this. I’m still praying for Jackie and Janine. This is such a difficult situation.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That is so sad to hear.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Joy,

It has to be a stressful and difficult situation to not have help with the care-giving. Prayers for Jackie and Janine as they find the right path.

A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
          Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Sending fervent prayers right now for Jackie & Janine. I hope help is on the way & this problem will be resolved soon. What a stressful time this has been for both of them. I feel so sorry for them as they struggle through this.
            Texas

Comment

Sending prayers and hope for full recovery. What a difficult time for you all. Hug!
              Hike ~ BC, Canada

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

She must be terribly disappointed in people not coming to her aid, I've seen enough of that to last a life time. People shouldn't commit if they don't intend to follow through. I hope she gets the proper care she needs, Gods grace and healing for her, and hope Janie can rest and get restored as well.
                Kate (Oklahoma)
                There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

How sad. Caregiving is a hard job, and most don’t realize it until they get into it. Maybe the friends in MI will be more successful. Hopefully her treatments can get this in remission and she will improve.

Comment

IMO, I think Jackie's friends have no idea of the challenges they are facing by taking over her care. She's still confused & is having vision problems. E.g., Janine was doing laundry. Jackie didn't remember how to use the dryer. She took Janine's clothes outside & spread them over her car to dry. She puts things away in weird places. She can shower & dress okay & seems to do okay taking care of her cat. Janine is taking her today to the dr. today to have her staples removed. That will be the last appt. for anything in FL.

Comment

I'm sorry they are having difficulties. I hope her friends can manage.
                      So. Illinois just south of St Louis County

Comment

Thanks Joy for the update. Sorry to hear that her after-care is not as expected and she is still having issues. It is a lot for your niece to take on, and clearly a decision may have to be made once she returns to MI. You may be right, her friends, while being helpful, may not be able to meet her needs. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
                        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Caregiving is so difficult, physically and mentally as you know. I had hoped being home would help orientate and clear her thinking. So sorry your family is going through this.
                          Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

Oh my, Joy. I'll continue praying for Jackie & Janine. Caregiving involves a lot more than people realize. Gina

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Joy. Hoping the move to MI will be a good solution.
                              Praying for all.

Comment

Working...
                              X