Welcome Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Tuesday

Good morning friends. What a weekend it was!! Our car was loaded to beat the band. Hubby wondered how long we would be gone for. Well some it it wasn't coming back home, lol!! Lots of sleeping bags, blankets and pillows, food, suitcase, bread machine, roast pan etc. Greg was in a ball tournament on Saturday so we stopped and watched him play for a bit. He made a catch that was a proud momma moment. I let the people know sitting behind me, that he was my son, LOL!! We didn't stay for the last game as we had to go unpack. They came in 2nd, not thinking that they would even win one.

The rest of the crew didn't get there until after supper. More unpacking. Maizyn agreed to go out with Uncle Greg to do chores (feed the horses), so she was out the door at 7 with him on Sunday morning. She continued to go out with him during chore times. He lives beside an apple orchard, so Jamie, the kids and I along with Greg headed over there. He needed to talk to the owners about some fencing that needed to be done. We picked apples. The owner gave us the apples when I went to pay, how nice. Glad went to meet the neighbours and introduce himself a while back. Lovely people. Some work got done outside that needed extra help, so the men folk did that while I was inside getting dinner ready. Later in the afternoon, some went into the hot tub. I didn't but will next time we go visit. Dinner was delicious, and Greg told me that was the best turkey he ever had. I LOVE my son, lol!!

Yesterday was another chore that he needed help with. He had to move 2 horses from one pasture to another. That went off without a hitch. So he was really glad that we were there to help him.

All in all it was a FABULOUS weekend spent with family. The boys will meet again next weekend for some more work that needs to be done.

Today hubby is going to the camp overnight. I have Guild for the first time in 2 years. I will borrow my friend's vehicle to go. I have enough turkey leftovers that I won't need to cook, hahaha.

So have a wonderful day my friends. Be kind, safe and healthy ( I KNOW you all do).

OH and my computer got fixed. All Phil did was take the battery out for a few minutes and put it back in. Worked and I got my printer installed and now it works fine too. WHO KNEW!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Temps. are trending cooler. Yest. a.m. we had 40 deg. (37 on the internet). After daylight, I discovered frost on the neighbor's roof! Our first frost. It was a chilly start to the morning. DS came at 9 a.m. to clean our window wells & covers. Two of the covers were old & cracked; they were replaced with new ones. We discovered a dead rabbit in one window well. Not much left of it. It had been 3 years since he cleaned them the last time. He finished at 1 p.m., then we ate lunch. There was time after lunch to do a bit of trimming branches off the crab apple tree. By extending the handles on the lopper, he was able to reach them from the ground. We got part of them out in the toter just before the garbage truck came by. The rest went in the toter to go out next week. A good day's work.

In the eve., I did the veg. prep. for chicken soup today. I'll be in the kitchen all morning making soup.

Comment

• Ruthie734
      Ruthie734 commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds like a good productive day!

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a big job to have done. We have done pretty much everything to get ready for winter, too.

Good Morning. Monique, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your family!

Yesterday I cooked food for the Girls, changed our bed and caught up the laundry. Today I have a haircut in the middle of the day. I’m going to a neighboring town that has a cute General Store where they sell nice candles with interesting scents….Cabana Boy, Town Gossip, Modern Farmhouse, First Date, Succulent Garden. Every one of them I’ve tried has been wonderful. They are locally made. I may have to do some shopping!

Tomorrow begins the first day of our a/c installation and the weather looks like it may be bad. They are calling for bad storms again tonight continuing into tomorrow. Missouri weather is always a crapshoot.

Let’s remember Denise’s husband, Bob, today as he has surgery.

Wishing everyone a good day. The Girls just came in and my day begins! 🌸
    Last edited by Bubby; October 12, 2021, 06:19 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning! Monique it sounds like you had a great family Thanksgiving weekend! Great family time!

I started on my second set of dresses for my Marvelous Wonderettes. These are 50s style dresses with big full skirts. The story line is these girls made these dresses in home ec classes. Every girl has her own specific color, repeated in Act Two in a disco dress with the timeline jumping to their 10th year reunion. So I have all the disco dresses put together, and was going to try them on last Tuesday. I had a relapse last week with this stupid virus and did not want to infect my actresses, so I put it off until tonight. When I went to sew my first of the cut out dresses, I found a flaw in the fabric, discoloration from dye from another color of fabric right on the center fold, it would show up right in the center of the skirt! It was on 3 of the 4 panels of the skirt! Grrr! We got the fabric from Hobby Lobby, but luckily I found a work around. So I got one of my dresses finished enough to at least try on the girl.

I am prepping for my sister’s visit next week. I finally got my spiral Lone Star quilt set finished and wanted to put it on the guest bed. This was another 5 year project finally brought to the finish line. I had the HandiQuilter dealer quilt it for me, lots of negative space for some pretty feather wreaths. There was a lot of backing left, so I made my pillowcases using those scraps. When I was building the quilt out to make it bigger from the center Star, I had constructed a bunch of ribbon stars using batiks on black. I couldn’t figure out how to incorporate them to make the corners, so I went to building more spiral lone stars to fit in those spaces. So I finally got to use several of those stars in pillowcases. I might make a throw pillow using one more of those blocks. But for now, it is finished.

FD7A697D-B1B0-4AD3-970D-13D8E0E3D8CC.jpeg

Today is Thread Head day. I haven’t been since August. My cohort has a project for them to work on. Our group size is dwindling because of illness and one lady is moving, I have no idea how many will actually be there today. Our group may not make it much longer. I will miss them if it goes away.

Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

• quiltingaway
        quiltingaway commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely stunning quilt!!

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely love the quilt. The black really sets off the colors. Beautiful!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Gorgeous quilt. The black just makes the colors pop. Love it.

Good morning all,
      Its going to be a nice sunny day -- perfect for washing the hulls of the catamaran. Why, you ask? Since we looked at them on the weekend, and they need a good cleaning which we said we would do. The potential buyer postponed picking up the gear (another commitment) and now wants to see the hulls again. No cash yet, so I don't consider this a "sale of sails" until this fat lady sings. If he backs out, I still have a small window of opportunity to sell it, if not, it's status quo until spring.

I will catch up later. Enjoy your day.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Ruthie734
        Ruthie734 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully they will follow through on their commitment. I know you are anxious to finish the deal. Good luck!

• grammaterry
        grammaterry commented
        Editing a comment
        oooh, no cash deposit....hope it is a moral buyer who made a committment and will stay the course

I hope the deal is smooth sailing for you.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning All,

Well, I've gone and done it. Never try to strip the bed and talk on the phone. I've got a spasm in my back. Heat will ease it out, then I'll do some gentle stretches later. Now, Mike is ready to get the chores done. UPS, Dry Cleaners, then he's off on his own to get the car detailed. I still have the bug guy coming and I have no idea how long he'll be detailing, so I'll come home.

Not sure what other kind of trouble I can get into. Sooner or later, I'll have to remake the bed, but that will wait on Mike to help.

Gabby's letting me know it's breakfast time. Time to get moving again.

Have a great day!
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, that didn't take too long, and neither the UPS three packages, and dry cleaning didn't break the bank! Yippee.

Now to deal with sheets while Mike is at the Car Spa.

Laying out my scrappy scrappy quilt. Having a few issues with color as I placed some dark colors in spots I may regret and there is probably too much yellow but ....I'm working on it.
        Made a seafood gumbo from a new recipe Sunday and invited friends. It was good but a little thin. I'm used to seeing gumbo much thicker but it was good.
        Little frustrated in my mind about what to take to the mountains. I've brought so much here and to go there for two months is making me think. Especially of small appliances like Mixer, waffle iron, fryer. I may just buy new ones and have them shipped to the mountains and leave the others here. I just don't know. And clothes...what do I want to pack?
        Life is good.
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

Good Morning to all. Well I didn't get diddly squat done yesterday... it was a netflix binge type of day. I did get my pantry cleaned out only because I knew I had a pkg mix and ended up having to remove and reorganize everything. Finally found the mixes but the one I thought I had I didn't. Run to the store today or tomorrow. Pretty windy so not sure if I will do any outside chores today.

SIL my drop by this afternoon, she has a pair of pants with a seam that needs to be resewn, quick and easy fix she says. But like most that say that, they don't sew. Told her I would look at them but no promises on the fixin' of em.

Hope all have a safe and happy day.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            I just had new pantry shelves installed and the installer is doing more work here, he made a great suggestion to put a shoe organizer on the inside of the door for small thing like muffin mix or gravy envelopes. He showed me a picture of one that had clear pockets that looked great and you could see everything.

• Mimi_Howard
            Mimi_Howard commented
            Editing a comment
            I used to have one of those hanging on back of door in sewing room.

Good afternoon,

It will be afternoon by the time my post is finished. It's been a busy morning already. A quick trip to the office later and then a hair appointment.

The meeting was fun yesterday. My goal is to have some laughter and that everyone feels welcome. The Holiday party was decided and 6 members stepped up to host it. We followed a prior year and will have it in January. The group will make the decisions on food and games so that is encouraging. It lightens the tasks when there is a team. My DD and DGSon have a saying between them. "Team work makes the dream work." It may be from somewhere else but works for them. Little man is learning how to be a good helper.

Time to move. Have a great day!
          A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
          Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

I like that saying and may borrow it!
            Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Working...
            X