It's Monday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Monday!

Good Morning, there will probably be two threads this morning...

Happy Monday to you all. It's just breaking light here in sunny Florida. It was a busy Sunday. I spent most of Sunday painting away in the kids room. Church was fine, it was nice to be back. Fifth Sunday is this month. They're planning a chili lunch. I'll have to decide if I'm making a pot of chili or what. I can't make a small pot, so it might be a good thing to go ahead and make a batch to put some up in the freezer. lol, if there's any left over!

I'll start wrapping SS stuff today. Hopefully, I'll have my shipping run tomorrow, along with the dry cleaning run. Gabby gets a hair cut this afternoon. Good thing payday is Wed!

Tammy is worried about shortages for Christmas, I'm done with family for Christmas. I was serious when I bought suits and outfits for everyone for Wesley's wedding. I bought 2 outfits each for the kids and left them at Dot's since they'll be there. Placemats are done for Dianne and Carl, Tammy and Brian, so that's it as far as I'm concerned. I might make two more placemats for Nancy, Diane's sister, but I have everything for that!

Bible study at Nancy's church is this morning. I'm almost ready to go, if she's going. We'll see what happens there.

Have a great day. Prayers for those in need, for healing touches, grace and comfort. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Good Morning. We had severe storms all night with high wind and relentless lightning. It also brought with it tornadoes and a cold front. The storm should be gone in 2-3 hours and then we can check for damage. It’s raining right now. Some of the counties in our state were hit much harder than our county.

We went to WalMart early yesterday and were home by 9am. I’m glad to have that done. I begin to worry when our bottled water runs low. The local water here isn’t fit to drink. We even give bottled water to the Girls.

Today we will start moving things for the a/c installation. By Friday we will be happy campers. It’s been miserable having no a/c for six weeks. I never realized how much the a/c does to keep humidity and allergens out of the house.

I need to get moving. Have a great day everyone. 🌸

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy to hear you've been missed by the hardest parts of the storm. Do you have a portable dehumidifier? We bought one this year for the basement, even though we have a/c. It really helped with humidity -- glad to have bought one.

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Suzanne, we just got rid of two humidifiers. Our water is so hard (lime) that they don’t last any length of time. I used to keep one going in our basement at our other house all the time and ran a hose from it to the sump pump line. We have really high humidity and very hard water, a bad combo.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      You can use Damp Rid canisters around your house. We've been using them for years. Once you buy the initial canisters, you need only buy the refills granules. I buy them at Home Depot. We keep them in 2 of our bsmt. BRs on the N. side of the house where there seems to be the most moisture. Not sure how safe they might be with the dogs, however. Ours sit on the floor tucked under the furniture & shelves. DH empties them every 2-3 wks. They collect more moisture in the summer time when the swamp cooler is in use.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Our therm. reads 40; the internet says it's 37 -- our first morning to dip into the 30's. I'm thankful everything is winterized. DS#2 is coming over this a.m. to clean our window wells. Even with the covers in place, leaves blow in, spider webs multiply, & weeds grow down inside where I can't reach them. Years ago, DH cleaned them every year, but those days are over. I made a run over to Home Depot yest. a.m. to buy a replacement for the broken cover. I bought an extra just in case.

Yest. was YT church. After Home Depot, I stopped at the groc. store for chicken, 5 lb. carrots, & other items. Tomorrow will be chicken soup day.

I need to get the laundry started & get going.

Comment

Good morning all! Today is my last day to get the house ready for grand kids’ visit. It will be fun to have the girls since they haven’t been here since summer. They are excited about coming to visit. They want to do all of the things they remember doing every fall. I hope we have good weather and can get it all in.

I have to run in town to do some errands today. I need to make a drop at Goodwill where I have cleaned out closets and pick up some yard items at Home Depot. I will do the grocery order online to pick up Tuesday or Wednesday. The dogs go to the groomer Wednesday. I just hate going to town anymore. The traffic is so bad. I just really like to stay at home.

Have a great Monday! I need to get started on my work.

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Wishing you a great visit with your grands!

• Mimi_Howard
        Mimi_Howard commented
        Editing a comment
        I just spend weekend with 2 of mine... it was wonderful. I hope you have a great visit with yours.

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        You will have a wonderful time! Nothing better than grand kids!

Good morning,

Yes, Monday is here again and the days are speeding by one by one. It's almost time to start our plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Shopping will be done on line. I'm sure DD will send packages here too. Little Man thinks all the packages that come in are his to open.

Today is our meeting at the LQS for our guild. I will host it and have some fun things planned for everyone. There is usually a shopping discount for the day. Happy to say that I don't need anything.

Hope your day is a great one!
      A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
      Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Good Morning all. The trip to visit daughter and the girls was such a fun time. I insisted my daughter and SIL get out of the house for a few hours. I said go find an outside cafe, have a coffee, watch the sun set, just get out of here and enjoy a little NO KID zone time. Yesterday morning we did a vist to a parking lot pumpkin patch.. big blow up slides and the kids loved them. The halloween banner I made fit perfectly. The spider is one of the pinata's that I bought for them last year. I guess they decided to keep one as a decoration. With covid and not going out last year, a small pinata party they had instead.

The 7 yr old is definitely on old soul in a young body. She told her mommy... I know you get sad not seeing your mom alot, for I get sad when I dont see you for 6 hours (her time away each school day). When I saw her I said Well Hello Sweetie Pie. Her response, I am not a sweet pie, I am in 2nd grade now! And the 5 yr old, oh she is a sly one, this one keeps you on your toes for sure. Kinda like trouble with a capital T. The youngest did relieve her dad of night time story reading and passed the torch to me! Ahhh melted my heart! But she wouldn't give up her bed to me...LOL

The oldest loved the little marble maze and when we did travel in the car she made sure to have one with her. At bedtime she took one to bed too. Ahh that melted my heart.

Today I may just do a quick weed wack of tall patches in front yard, save the mowing for another day. Tinker around in the house and surf the internet for some Christmas project inspirational sewing. I will need a trip soon to fabric store, on list is to sew a christmas banner and I have NO christmas fabric at all.

Hope all have a safe and happy day today.

oops forgot to upload the picture of banner actually hung up
        halloween banner.jpeg
        Last edited by Mimi_Howard; October 11, 2021, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• TMP
          TMP commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the banner and the spider on top!

• Rhonda K
          Rhonda K commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like a perfect visit and fun-times with grandma!

Love the kid tales!

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          I loved reading this! Your grands are great!

Good morning! Bubby’s rain and storms are heading our way, so it will be a good day to sew. I can hear the thunder approaching. I have plenty to do, that’s for sure! I worked on fitting my Ma Rainey actors yesterday, most of the stuff I took worked. I need a smaller dress for one of my ladies. The one I bought for her cost $18 on Amazon, replacement is $50! Go figure on that! Maybe because it is getting closer to Halloween.

I got my other two Wonderettes dresses cut out, hope to churn through putting some of them together today. Fitting tomorrow night.

When I ordered my Amara long arm in September, I heard the dealer mention that there would be a collection of Superior thread that came with the machine. I was thinking maybe a dozen spools. No, it was a mother lode of thread! Every style appropriate for long arm quilting, 2 boxes full! I’ll be quilting a long long time before getting through this pile! 58 spools! Some weird colors, but hey, may try something out of my comfort zone!

1CCEC236-E10E-431C-888F-FC8219CF126C.jpeg

I hope you all have a great day!

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          What a haul! At a minimum cost of $10./cone, that's at least a value of $580. It will take a long time to use up all that thread. Is it cotton or a poly blend?

• KarenC
          KarenC commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, lots of thread for sure. I see some colorful combinations coming!

• Jean Sewing Machine
          Jean Sewing Machine commented
          Editing a comment
          Joy, some is cotton ( King Tut) , most are some sort of poly. I use So Fine all the time, it is $16 per spool. The big Omni cones hold 6000 yards each, that’s a lot of thread!

Good morning everyone,

We went to the club yesterday, to uncover the hulls. They've been wrapped for 2 years, and there's a lot of dirt on them. We told the buyer that we will clean them up this week and wrap the hulls with new tarps. DH will feel better about that. We noticed chips in the paint, no damage to hulls, which we will fix in the spring. He has put off doing this for years, and finally will do it. I ordered a Caesar and wings on the patio -- DH just had coffee, still not feeling that great. We just snacked for dinner. I quilted a top on the LA, and pressed and loaded another one to do, probably sometime today.

The buyer just called and we delayed meeting until tomorrow, so for now, the gear is still in our garage. I hope this goes well -- we will meet him at the boat tomorrow. I'm not celebrating until the exchange is done. I am sending him a draft of the bill of sale. So our day is pretty free to do as we want. Probably a good idea to visit mom. Maybe I will cook turkey breast and fixings. Who knows how the day will go.

Enjoy your day,

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Can you believe its Monday already? I'm still working on the cleaning. Cleared out two trash bags of junk and I need to take some stuff to the Salvation Army. I hope to have a less cluttered and clean house by Halloween. Sandy is happy we found two bones !
          Just wanted to stop in and say good morning.

Have a wonderful Monday
          Teresa
          Pelham, Alabama
          War Eagle!!!

Comment

Good morning! We are getting rain. Thankfully, not the storms that others have gotten, just a nice rain that started yesterday. Nothing got done yesterday as I had a migraine from the weather change. I am feeling better today so laundry and housecleaning on the list along with the usual Monday activities. I may or may not make it to the sewing room today. The children have been working on boats for the cardboard regatta. The race will be at the local lake. The boats can only be made of cardboard, regular duct tape and liquid nails. Two of the children's Sunday school class are doing one. Then the boys decided to build their own since one of their class isn't doing one. It has been amazing how much of the things the oldest boy learned in welding school that he using putting the boat together.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
              Mimi_Howard commented
              Editing a comment
              That sounds like an exciting and fun race.

Good Monday Morning. A busy start to my morning. Went and walked and after went to the college and registered for Community Wellness Class. This is the college where I worked for nearly 20 years so while I was waiting for the ID machine to warm up a few of my former co-workers came out of their offices to visit. That was nice. I have been completely retired for about 1 1/2 years. It was nice to see them and visit.

Someone is here fixing the floor to my sewing studio so I am upstairs with my laptop.

Have a great day.

Retha

Comment

Good afternoon everyone. I am late getting here today, I had a great weekend. My friend from CO came to visit. We attended the Astros playoff game#2 on Friday and the team pulled out a 2nd win. The White Sox won game 3, but hopefully we can nail game 4 and move on to the next round. So exciting.

After that, my friend had a few requests, which were super easy to fulfill. Trips for pedicure, Dollar Tree and Tuesday Morning. She lives in a small town adn was just excited to go to these stores without a two hour commute. Lastly I took her shopping in my garage. I had some items that were given to me that I would not use, some type of paint and pens for paining on fabric. Oh, did her eyes light up! Is it such and such? Of course I had no clue. So we brought the garbage bag inside and she was thrilled. Since she had no room left in her luggage, I will mail the package to her tomorrow. Free stuff for her and another bag out of my garage. Win for both of us.

I quilted the wedding gift quilt last night. Trimmed it this morning and will sew the binding on in a bit. This will give me some hand work for later in the evenings. Next I will sew borders on the wall hanging I created during retreat last month.

That's it for today folks.
              Karen
              Spring, TX

Comment

Working...
              X