Good Monday Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Monday Morning

Well, I'm glad I looked at what I was typing. You would have never guessed it was supposed to be Monday! lol Poor old fingers didn't find the home keys.

Good Morning All,

Gabby's packed. She'll be here a week with Mike. There are notes all over her stuff, but the dry goods, treats and bone broth are all in her travel bag ready to go to Nana's house.

I'm not packed. No surprise there. I worked on arranging my ditty bag. I'm seriously thinking about just using my carry on, we'll see how that goes. I really want to travel light, but my wedding outfit is heavy!

Gabby's groomer texted last night, they're having van trouble and her groomer will be off the road today. They wanted to come tomorrow. I told them no, I would be flying out. Then they wanted another date, I gave them Mike's days off. Then they wanted Sunday. I told them Mike works every Sunday on Ad Set. No way he could get off. Then she worked a bit, someone is coming today... an hour earlier than Gabby's original appointment. Mercy, what a bing, bing, bing night!

I guess it's time to start pulling out what I'm going to take and seeing how I can get it all in my smaller bag. Have a great day!

Prayers for those in need, for healing touches, grace, comfort and peace. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Good morning Katrina and all that follow and thanks for starting us off this morning. Safe travels to you.

I did get to go grocery shopping yesterday sans husband. Boy, did I take my time. I like to look at things. I got a few things for myself that were on sale and a new pair of shoes. I brought home some McD for hubby and sister-in-law. I ate the fries only. I also picked up some stuff for Doug.

So that was my day. Today I will finish the apple jelly and do the wild plums and get those done. Then I am going to try and get into the sewing room. Although there is lots of cleaning that needs to be done. Oh well, we shall see.

Have a great day friends. Be kind, safe and healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Yest. was YT church. In the afternoon I was able to put in ~1 hr. & 15 min. of quilting. Made good progress. I can feel it in my L. wrist this a.m. -- the holding of the ruler tires my wrist.

Today will be the usual laundry. I have paperwork to fill out for the dr. Tomorrow is my annual wellness check. I also need to check in on line, too. The Sept. calendar is filling in with appts., Bible study, which starts Wed., etc. I'll need to keep tabs on the extended forecast for night time lows so I can schedule the draining of the swamp cooler. Right now we're still using it every day. Yest. it was 90. We usually get the sprinkler system blown during the first week of Oct. Also time to schedule a cleaning & check of the furnace. Fall is a busy time.

Comment

Morning friends!

Just dropped in to say hello. Cheryl got the tee shirt quilt pierced. She has to get backing for it. I will try to get a picture.

Work today and tomorrow and then off Wednesday and Thursday as well as the weekend. Quilt show starts Friday. We have to deposit them Thursday morning.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Rob
        So rather than practice makes perfect, I encourage you to think practice makes better.
        Quilts and More Magazine Summer 2021

Comment

Good Morning….I think Fall is a busy time for almost everyone. I look forward to Fall more than any season.

Yesterday was a blur with little getting done. One of our friends called and we caught up for about an hour. He and Jeff were best friends for many years. They are both married now and we don’t get together much.

I barely did any cooking yesterday so I will have to make us a good meal today.

I’ve been doing a little work on a few small Christmas items. I can’t go any farther until my hands rest up.

Today is trash day, so you know what Sugar will be doing! She sometimes stands on the chaise so she can see better….
          EBBDAC4F-2352-4FC1-AB53-4FDF0DE4F536.jpeg

Have a great day everyone. 🐝
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            Gabby is pouting in her bed looking up at me all pitiful like.

• lovemyavy
            lovemyavy commented
            Editing a comment
            Aawww, she's too precious!! 💕

• NoOn49
            NoOn49 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing! She is at attention, I bet if you would say "treats" she wouldn't move. lol...

Sugar is such a loyal guard. She's looking so good.
          Sandy in CO

Comment

Good morning all,
            DH is sleeping so I'm catching up on emails and forum. It looks like its another beautiful sunny autumn day. We didn't get the rain last night, I didn't hear it if it rained.

Yesterday, I trimmed the photo quilt I quilted Saturday. I will be adding the binding and returning it. I also dropped off VQC quilts I finished and picked up 5 more to quilt. I caught up on Dorothy's trip to her DD and recent events. I got 2 doz eggs - they have new chickens, so the eggs are smaller. Their son takes the old hens and preps them to freeze for his family. I dropped off doz eggs and packing boxes at my DD, along with the mending. She passed me a huge bag from my niece, who asked if I would look at her DH's gramma's quilt tops to finish. Oh boy, this will definitely be a winter project. There were 4 -- pretty old, some hand pieced, but not very well. I think the main issue is that someone washed the tops at one point, so they are really distorted. I want to get more history on the quilts and his grandma, to see if they will actually use them. It would be a challenge -- some days I am up for these -- but there will have to be lots of snow on the ground first.

Nothing set in stone on agenda -- this changes quickly. I might visit mom and run a few errands, a load of laundry and maybe some quilting time. I shall see. Meals are planned. Left over roast pork and veal from last night's dinner, and/or turkey pot pie leftover.

Enjoy your trip Katrina. Safe travels.

Enjoy your day --
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Good Morning all. Did my cook ahead/freeze meals yesterday and feels good to have that outta the way for a few weeks. Never did get to the sewing room yesterday, maybe today will be my lucky day. No appointments and no real plans, so odds are I will make it in there today. Looking like fall temps for this week, could summer hot days really be on the way out?

Hope all have a happy and safe day today. ((Hugs))

Comment

Good morning!

Lots of clouds today, with a high around 80. We're supposed to get rain on Wednesday. I will have to meet with Mom inside if the weather is bad. My brother went to see her over the weekend (4th visit in almost two years, he lives locally). He said he had a good visit.

My employer has brought back one day of remote work per week through the end of the month. We can put in requests for the flexible scheduling starting today. Policy is we can request to work multiple remote days per week. Requesting them and having them approved are two different things. So far it looks like the most we can hope for is one day.

Still no sewing here. I did pick out some fabrics for a pumpkin wallhanging. The project was not on my list. I'm not sure I have time to do it -- I have other fall projects that need to be done. I don't have as much time to sew now that I'm back on campus. It is an appliqué project and I will need some thread. I might ask my sister to pick some up the next time she goes to JoAnn's. She goes at least once a week. She has matched thread for me before and has a really good eye for color.

Time for a cup of tea and to log in to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning,

Another Monday rolls in with a few clouds but no rain yet. Today is our monthly meeting for the quilting group. I only have a couple of projects for show n tell. It's fun to see the other ladies projects and find inspiration. The LQS is having a September sale for their anniversary with a 30% discount. I don't need to shop for fabric but most likely a few yards will find their way home.

Still working on a snowman re-do. Tomorrow is my hair appointment and the rest of week will be office days.

Hope your Monday is great!
                  A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
                  Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Good morning! My day started off with one of my show directors requesting that I call her. There went the first hour of the day! She’s my dearest friend so it was a good way to start the day.

I’m going to try to get the top of my Convex Illusions quilt put together. May have to pay to get it quilted as my longarm is out of commission right now. I was on a FB page with others who have similar brand longarms. There was a very knowledgeable woman who often offered excellent advice to many of us. Found out today from a post from her daughters that she passed away Friday from cancer. So many accolades from those she helped. She will be missed.

Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

Got my oil changed on Friday and the guy told me I needed rear brakes so found a back yard mechanic that did it for me over the weekend. Seems I can't get myself efficient the past week. We went out fishing each day last week because flounder season is so restricted this year but for two days we struggle just to get a small tug on our line. I don't know where all the fish have gone.
                      Got an order from Sam's for dry good on friday and wow, what a mess. Their packing dept. needs some supervision. As you can see, two cans of cocoa powder obviously exploded. Spent an hour yesterday getting a refund for the cocoa and dented cans in the box.
                      I need to go to the bank today as all of my cash was wiped out with the brake job.
                      I listened to Glenn Beck this morning and heard a guy from Australia about covid. Seems they've been in lockdown for two years. They can't cross state lines or go outside without their papers. Freedom is so fragil.

I have been quilting some of the quilts I pieced while my machine was in the shop. My FMQ strength is certain getting weekr. I have one done and am about a third done on the second. The first one, I had to rip out the stitching of 1/2 of the quilt because of eyelashing. I hadn't done that in so long and for a while thought it must be the dang machine messing up...but oh, it was just operator error.cocoa.jpg
                      success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                      Terry of NC

Comment

• KPH
                        KPH commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'd let them know about that mess! Goodness!

• Claire Hallman
                        Claire Hallman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        At least when there are lots of eyelashes it is easier to rip out. What a mess with the cocoa dust and sad to loose the cocoa.

• grammaterry
                        grammaterry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They replaced or rather refunded my money on the cocoa and the dented cans. Of course, they didn't do anything to help clean up the mess. lol. Amazingly, with all that spewing of the cocoa, I scaped it up and there was only about a cup that I put in a separate bowl and will use one day on something that will bake a long time. ha ha.

Well, I didn't make it. I had to get the big bag out. sigh. The little bag almost zipped but I still had my toiletries, my shoes, and pjs to pack. So I gave up, got the big bag out put everything in, and still had room. Dot said bring a sweater, so I packed one. I have room for Mike's suit, shirt, and tie. Everything for me is packed, other than my 'ditty' bag and curling iron.

We'll see if I go over weight when I get to the airport.
                      Katrina
                      From NC, retired in FL
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Mary Lynn
                        Mary Lynn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope you have a wonderful trip & enjoy catching up with your family.

• grammaterry
                        grammaterry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        with room left over you can go shopping.

• NoOn49
                        NoOn49 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Enjoy your trip and wedding!

Good morning! It has been busy crazy around here all summer. Lots of activities with the children and spending time with my parents. After this month, things should slow down a little bit. (Ha!Ha! - isn't that what we always say and it never does). We do have some months that are busier than other.

I need to start packing for the Fall Forum Quilt Retreat. We have a few spots left open for anyone who would like to attend. There are two commuter spots and some spots left at the retreat. The main floor rooms are sold out. But we have some beds upstairs open. More information and the link to order can be found here https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/fo...at#post2002481

Yesterday I worked on some table runners and am hoping to continue to work on them sometime today. I also did 24 jelly jars and 3 pints of apple butter. The last crock pot decided not to be to cooperative so I am going to freeze that into apple butter syrup to have for pancakes this winter. On Wednesday, there will be more apples coming so more apple butter. The other apple activity that I would like to do for today is make some apple crisp since we have the apples that need to get used before more come on Wednesday.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Good afternoon

Slow start to the day weather wise. We had rain last night & it took till late morning for sun to shine. Yesterday was completely grey the whole day, never rained just grey.

Finished packing the sewing room this morning. Packed up the sewing machine & disassembled cutting table. Hope I can find everything to put it all back together after the move. Moved a couple of storage racks out of utility room & packed that up as well. This is my daily activity from now on. We said if we are done a few days early we will just eat out every day & enjoy ourselves.

Have a great day & stay safe!
                        Mary Lynn Ontario Canada

Comment

Working...
                        X