• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Memories ⌛️

Hope everyone has a blessed, safe and peaceful weekend 💕☀️🥒🍅🌸
    Last edited by Star lover; March 11, 2022, 06:53 AM.
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

I have a skillet that I use all the time and we use that kind of coffee pot on vacation but it's a glass one.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• auntstuff
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2017

That's my camping coffeepot. AND for when the automatic pot quits me. And when the power goes out, I can make coffee on the hibachi
      She who dies with the most quilts is......
      Still dead.
      What's your hurry?

Comment

• Judy, USMC
        Missouri Star
        • May 2013

My electric skillet has a copper tone lid. Still have the coffee pot but mine is the 10 cup cornflower blue Corning ware.

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

I got rid of our electric skillet recently. Jeff has a coffee pot like that for hunting trips.
          Last edited by Bubby; August 27, 2021, 06:06 AM.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2013

Yes to both items. I also had a Corning Ware one I used. Now I make drip coffee with a cone over my cup. I've had several electric skillets over the years. I had a hard time finding what I wanted the last time I bought one. This one is stainless steel, round with a clear lid. I seldom use it except for pancakes or a larger frying job.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

My mom had that skillet -- and I kept it when we downsized her place. Sadly, it was the cause of a major concussion in 2011, when it fell from a shelf in our mudroom and a direct hit. I had an egg the size of an orange, and it bounced and hit a maple (a hard wood) chair and made 2 serious dents. I must have a hard head, but it was the first of 2 concussions that year, and the reason I took an early retirement.

Mom also had one of those percolators and she sold at a garage sale. A few years ago, I picked one up at VV, as I find its handy to serve coffee when we have lots of people over. (clearly, before Covid).
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• nativetexan
                Banned
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2018

you got me with those. I never drank coffee until recently and never used an electric skillet. Hmmm what else do I not do? Boring.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
                  Missouri Star
                  • Sep 2020

My mama always used one. She loved it. Never had a coffee maker like that, but she also had an electric pot. She didn't like propane, it scared her. At the trailer she always used her electric appliances.
                  Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• nativetexan
                    nativetexan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Propane is scary!!!
                • Maria Sews
                  Missouri Star
                  • May 2017

I still have my almost 37 year old electric skillet. I don't use it often but when I need it, I need it! I have one of those percolators for when we used to go camping. They make the best coffee!
                  Maria
                  From Sunny Alberta, Canada

Comment

• grammaterry
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2015

I have a salad master stainless electric skillet with a lifetime warranty that I bought 40 years ago. I use it weekly. It is really great for bake potatoes. I also put meatloaf in a metal pan and put it in the electric skillet with the baked potatos on the outside of the metal pan and put the lid on and just bake like an oven. Cuts down on the heat in the kitchen on these hot days. I also like to make these slow cooked pork chops. You brown the chops then cover with a layer of thinly sliced potatoes and then a can of undiluted mushroom soup , cover and let simmer until done or until you want to eat.
                    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                    Terry of NC

Comment

• srgreene
                      Missouri Star
                      • Aug 2020

Our electric skillet was always on standby for fried chicken or swiss steak. Yum. I was in charge of making coffee for dinner from an early age and we'd already switched to a fancy pyrex glass percolator. Although the aluminum one was in the camper trailer for years. Dad fabricated a ring and spring gadget so the pot would stay on the stove while he was driving. Ma would go back in the trailer and start coffee and dinner while he continued driving. Didnt want to miss a moment of the weekend in the woods.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2014

After my mom passed away, Dad went back to that kind of coffee pot. My sister has it now.

Comment

Working...
                        X