New Update on Baby Rachel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Update on Baby Rachel

Hi, friends. For those of you who do not know, my DD is a foster mom and has had a baby here with us (we live in attached houses) for 5 weeks. Baby Rachel just turned one and continues to throw up every day. Bethany is now giving her only 4 oz of formula every 1 1/2 hours to help her digest it. She cannot tolerate any food, even baby food. Today she has had three episodes of diarhea. We are very concerned. Rachel has an appointment on Wednesday with a gastroenterologist. The good news is that she has continued to gain weight under B's care. Pray for the doctors to find out what is wrong, for Rachel to be able to keep her formula down and for B to have the energy to care for her two sons, a homeless 7 year old boy who is staying with them and for Rachel. Amazingly, Rachel continues to be a cheerful, sweet girl who hardly ever fusses. We thank God for her!
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: New Update on Baby Rachel

Prayers being said has she tried lactose free formula
    These things, I warmly wish for you-
    Someone to love, some work to do,
    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

Poor little Rachel! I'm glad she has Bethany and all your family to care for her. I'll be praying for you all.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Consider it done.........there is a special place in heaven for Bethany for all her work with foster children. What she is doing is amazing!
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Prayers always
          *Dee*
          Believe
          There Is
          Good In The World

Comment

Originally posted by shannonsaulter View Post
            Prayers being said has she tried lactose free formula
            Yes, she is on lactose free prescription formula.
            Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
              Yes, she is on lactose free prescription formula.
              I remember one of my teachers in college telling us about his son's allergies. He couldn't take his mother's milk, so they tried formula. Then every type of "free" formula there was until they settled on rice milk. He has allergies to dairy, nuts, soy and gluten (among others I probably don't remember). Poor kid. I hope that's not little Rachel's problem because allergies SUCK! Especially when they're so little and they can't tell you what's wrong.
              *Dee*
              Believe
              There Is
              Good In The World

Comment

Praying for baby Rachel and that this doctor can really help her. So sad for this child to be experiencing this.
                Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

What an angel your daughter is! I'll keep all of you in my prayers.
                  Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

May God be with you as Bethany seeks an answer for Baby Rachel! And. Prayer that the washing mahine holds up!

Comment

Adding my prayers..May the doctors fine the problem, may it be corrected immediately and may your sweet daughter have all the strength and what ever else is needed and you too. We praise God for you all.

Proverbs 17:22

22 A happy heart is good medicine,
                      but low spirits sap one’s strength.

May God richly bless you daily..
                      Kay

Comment

((((((Bethany)))))))) and ((((((((Cyndi)))))))))
                        ~Kathy~

Comment

Poor Rachel! I hope they find the issue soon. Your daughter, the homeless boy and RAchel will be in my thoughts!
                          ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ;)) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
                          /
                          Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

Comment

Prayers for this sweet baby, Rachel. She has been placed with your daughter for a reason. That is why she is continuing to gain weight through her problems. You will find the answers.

Comment

I so wanted to be a foster parent but half way through all the training I had to stop. I just know my heart would break for every single child that came into my care...it takes an incredibly strong person to be able to foster children and then give them up. I just couldn't do it. Kudos to your daughter...she must have a heart of gold!

Comment

Working...
                              X