Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone! Long time since I have been on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone! Long time since I have been on here.

I haven't been on here in FOREVER!! I haven't read much about what all is going on with yall. All is well here. My Hubs retired in March. I will return to work on Aug 3rd. My DD got married on 10/10/20; bought a house 4 minutes from me and is a teller at a local credit union and loves it. I am still in remission but will never be what I once was before cancer. No strength or stamina but I am above ground LOL. I bought me a building several months ago and want to open a gift shop here at home eventually. The building is done and all my stuff is hung but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    I hope you are all doing well and weathered the pandemic without any prolonged effects. Hopefully we will all be back to normal soon. My hubs and my daughter had it. I am pretty sure I had it in February before they called it Covid. We all survived.
    Anyway just thought I would stop in for a minute. Glad to see a few familiar names here and new ones as well. To the new ones you have picked a great group of men and women to join with the same passion for sewing as we have.
    Take care. Your friend Rhonda

Big hugs Rhonda! You've had your hands full, that's for sure! Welcome back!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Rhonda,

Welcome back from another Rhonda. It’s so nice to see your post. I thought your name was familiar. LOL!

Rhonda K.

Comment

Welcome back and congratulations for giving cancer a big fight! Hope your business gets off the ground soon!

Rob
        So rather than practice makes perfect, I encourage you to think practice makes better.
        Quilts and More Magazine Summer 2021

Comment

Welcome back to the forum, I wish you that your problems are solved and share your work with us again

Comment

So glad to hear from you! Glad you all survived COVID. Was just thinking of you the other day when I used left over backing from our cowboy boot quilt for your student on a quilt I finished for my senior sewing group. Stay well, and visit back at the forum regularly! We miss you!

Comment

Welcome back Rhonda!
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Welcome back, Rhonda! It's always good to be above ground! LOL It sounds like you've been busy. I hope you can drop in more frequently now.

Comment

Hey Rhonda! It's so good to hear from you! Thanks for checking in and we hope to see you more often. So happy to hear you are in remission.
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Hi Rhonda and welcome back! Sounds like things are kinda sorta back on track for you. So nice your daughter lives that close to you now. What kind of things are you going to sell and just stuff you make or are you selling for others? That's a big undertaking but exciting! Good luck. Don't be a stranger now.

Comment

Welcome back, Rhonda. I myself have been less regular about posting on the forum. It's just from lack of time, because I adore everyone here.

I'm glad to hear that you have recovered from cancer. You are blessed, and we are all glad to see you back. Take care!
                      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Very glad to hear from you again. It's so nice to read your update! Success on your gift shop plans ... sounds like a bright future.

Comment

Welcome back. You certainly have been busy. Glad to hear from you. A gift shop huh? Sounds exciting. Visit us when you can.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome “home!” So happy you’re doing well and even planning for the future! It’s nice to see you back and I hope your new venture works out wonderfully!
                            💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Welcome back. You have had a busy time for sure, and lots going on. I'm happy to hear you are in remission and as you say 'above ground'. I think any type of serious health challenges, never return us to our previous self. This is often an opportunity to review what we truly love and want to do for the rest of our time here. Happy to hear that you will be enjoying a new venture -- all the best and success.

Most of my immediate family & friends are fully vaccinated, so we are returning to a "new normal", but as some of us know the new variant is much more virulent and unforgiving. Thankfully only my mom got Covid in May 2020, and at 97 survived it. It has left symptoms that will not improve.

Enjoy every day,

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X