The Planting Part Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Planting Part Two

Here are the photos from yesterday's work.

Front of the house. The orange flowers are Crossanda while the others are dward Snapdragons. There is also a clematis in there that we planted when we first moved here. Below the planter are containers with Wave Petunias.
    Snapdragons.jpg

We liked these Keter planters so much that we bought a new one this year. We get them at Menards. This one has geraniums at the rear and petunias in front. Again, the bottom containers have Wave Petunias.
    Geraniums.jpg

This bed is our climbing rose, which we cut back pretty sharply. At the sides of the planter we put in Zinnia seeds and plan to put in Marigolds at the front. Again, we put Wave Petunias in the bottom containers.
    Climbing Rose.jpg

We put in containers of Lavender in four pots. One is next to Cheryl's hibiscus while straight back in front of the peonies are the other two. The fourth one is out of the picture, but its next to the one in front.
    Lavender.jpg

Finally, this is the Black Eyed Susan vine. This will be the first year we've tried to grow a vine like this. So far, so good.
    Black Eyed Susan Vine.jpg

We ended up not going to Lowes today, so we decided not to work outside. It's cloudy right now, but so far no rain. I still need to get out and feed my roses.

Rob
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

Oh that looks lovely. i especially love your standing planter beds!! I want one. full of plants!

Comment

You can come here any time, I've got a black thumb.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Looks good so far…..can’t wait for the full reveal! 🌺🌸🌼🌹
      💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Your planter look great Rob!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I love your planters, Rob. You will have cascades of beautiful flowers before long! 🌻🌺🌼🌹🌷🌸
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful planters Rob! You and Cheryl have been working hard. It'll sure pay off soon.
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

You've been hard at work. The past several years I've cut way back on planters & flowers. I usually buy 3 large planters of geraniums for the patio, & 3 purple fountain grass, which I have to plant in planters. The flower beds are mostly perennials now, & I've cut way back on them, too. I just couldn't keep up. A few years ago I had the lawn service remove 3 beds & plant with sod.

Comment

I really like the long planter. Your yard is going to be gorgeous! I wish I had a green thumb.

Comment

Love all those pretty planters and flowers!

Comment

I have never heard of a black eyed susan vine. I'll have to check that out. It all looks beautiful Be sure to take pictures as they fill out.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
                      Rob the HOAQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Its scientific name is Thunbergia. We have seen them before, but this is the first time we planted one. Will definitely update when things start growing.

Rob

Your planters look great! You will soon have a beautiful garden. I bet the hummingbirds will love it!

Comment

Those look great & I love the planters that you are using. Before long everything will be in full bloom & just beautiful. I only have two plants in pots....an ornamental black pearl pepper plant & a Crown of Thorns. I wish I had lots & lots of flowers like you.

Comment

Working...
                      X