No announcement yet.

Senior Moments πŸ•°

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had Home Ec in junior high. Had to make a box pleated skirt with 1/2” wide gingham check. I picked light blue & got a good grade but it was the 60’s & that skirt was so 50’s. Never wore after the day we had to wear it to school. I was ticked that the next year class got to make wrap around A line skirts. Those were in style then πŸ˜–
    cooking was a joke,,,, we made cinnamon toast in the oven & spritz cookies. Never got to cook any real food due to budgeting constraints...
    I did learn to make sauerkraut from my German teacher. Haha
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I made an A-line skirt in home ec. I didn't like it at all. I later bought patterns and taught myself how to sew.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Home ec was required for me in junior high. Like Hillbillyhike, we made a wrap around skirt (mine was green cotton), which I also never wore. We also made an apron and a blouse. In the cooking section, we made turkey tettrazini, which my family hated. But all these years later, it turns out to be a favorite of my husband! Now I make it the week after Thanksgiving. After I took that class, my dad bought me my first sewing machine, a Singer, for my 16th birthday. I wasn't very good at sewing then and not much better now, but I am glad I was forced to learn a bit since it's turned into quite a hobby!

Comment

I find it sad that home economics isn't taught in schools anymore. Everyone should know how to thread a needle and sew on a button and basic cooking.

Comment

Oh my, that pic looks just like the kitchen area of my high school home ec class! My jr year our teacher had us make plaid jackets (with lapels!) and matching skirt or pants! What a sight we were! It’s a wonder I came near a sewing machine after that project!

Comment

I hated home ec class, but my mom wouldn't let me quit. I did like it when we traded for a few weeks with the boys shop class. It took me over 50 years before I learned to sew and like it.

Nancy
              Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                I made a mint green gored skirt with a zipper. It was dreadful.
                Aw, I bet it was cute!!

Comment

Working...
                X