It's Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Wednesday

Good morning friends. Well we had our first shot of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon. Our second shot appointment was automatically made for July. Yes my arm is tender this morning and so is hubby's. I am tired but that is because I think I drank more coffee than I usually do and stayed up WAY too late to finish watching the last 4 episodes of Yellowstone. I already see a nap in my future. I didn't get into the sewing room at all.

And so today if I am up to it, I will get at working on the wolf quilt. Saturday we are meeting our son halfway so Maizyn can come visit with us the for week. I am looking forward to spending time with her.

We bought the bottom element for the oven that we needed. What a job getting that sucker in place. I ended up shutting off the breaker for the stove as it sparked a little. I eventually got the element in place but discovered I had blown a fuse in the stove. Remembered where the spare fuses are kept. They were in a tool box that belonged to my mother and I kept. Good thing. I am still waiting to buy a new stove.

Listening to the local news and Ontario will have more restrictive measures coming soon. The numbers are rising at an alarming rate. We feel better having had the 1st shot. We may be able to have more freedom during our vacation having been vaccinated completely. We shall see.

Have a great day everyone. Be kind, be safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning to all,

How wonderful you are getting an entire week, Monique with Maizyn. You are so lucky you know how to fix things. I am also happy you got your vaccine and are staying safe.

I get my 2nd vaccine Saturday , so I called and tried to make an appointment to get my hair done for ten days later. My stylist retired !! They are so booked that they have nothing for the month of April. I could just scream. I am on a waiting list. I can't believe they are this booked up. ( this is not a fancy place, just average salon). I'm not going to feel normal until this mess of long hair is gone.

Yesterday, I mailed a package to Ben ( new grandson) . I can not believe how UPS prices have gone up. I think next time I will use Fed Ex. My sister says they are cheaper. The door insert is in and I have to go in person with Tim to pick it up . I told him I really didn't want to do it today. Tim suggested since it was glass to have it delivered to the store and if it was broken they could deal with it. I am tired not sure why but I just want a day of nothing.

Have a wonderful day !! I'm going to go be lazy

Teresa
    Last edited by TMP; April 7, 2021, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Teresa,

Good idea on the store. We bought a new bathroom sink for our master bath and when it arrived it had shattered. Lowes took it back and suggested we have the next one shipped to the store. It arrived just fine. You cannot trust UPS or Fedex to pay attention to the "Fragile" markings on the box.

Rob

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      Teresa,

Sometimes you just need a day of nothing! I hope you feel better today. A hug for you!

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Sending a hug your way Teresa! Feel better soon. I was tired for a long time after my shots. Rest when you need it.

Good morning everyone ☀️🌸

Monique, wow....you’re a repairman too! among your many talents. You amaze me!
    So very happy you’ll have your sweet Maizyn for a week! Happy days ahead for you!

Amazing we hit 80’ yesterday! I remember April 1, we had snow...what a difference in a week! The car got washed, the yard got attending too....lots of outside stuff....no sewing.....mmmmm....can you sew outside? Probably, but then I’d have to deal with the birds and rodents 🐦 🐿

Prayers for so many. Love and hugs to all ❣️ Hope everyone has a blessed and peaceful day 🌸☀️💕🌸
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      You sure got a lot done. Don't overdo it with that knee of yours. It does feel good to get stuff done though. 😊

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      DH did most of it, I did what I could and that was that 🤪

Good morning! Storms are headed our way, but we will enjoy a half day of warm weather , although it might be cloudy.

I worked for part of the day getting my costumes ready for fittings last night. I measured each dress and matched the measurements with the ladies measurements. Some of the dresses are vintage, what was a size 12 thirty years ago isn’t the same as today’s size 12. So measurements work the best. We are about 3/4 of the way there getting the ladies costumed. Men’s fittings will take place Thursday.

I want to take a bit of a road trip to 2 fabric stores to try to find some coral polyester to make two additional dresses for two actresses for whom I do not have identical dresses for in plus sizes. Matching fabric from years ago is not easy!

Another of my sweet neighbors came over wanting to buy a baby quilt. I had a few to offer, she picked the one I liked the most. It is Jenny’s fence rail Star, in gorgeous pastels. I quilted it using rulers and I am very proud of it. But I am glad she got it for her gift. Here it is.

2068DA37-B0CF-4948-8B9A-E70DA45B1C23.jpeg

Not sure what else I will get done today after I look for fabric. Hopefully will work on some quilts. Hope you have a good day!

Comment

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      Gorgeous! Love the colors, the pattern and the quilting! 🪡🧵

• Jean Sewing Machine
      Jean Sewing Machine commented
      Editing a comment
      In my stash, I have 4 more of these blocks, and some coordinate border fabric. So I can make a duplicate.

• Ruthie734
      Ruthie734 commented
      Editing a comment
      What a beautiful little quilt! The quilting is very nice!

Good morning all,
    I'll catch up later -- so excited that Ontario has opened up vaccines to 60+ as of this morning. Dang, they were going down in 5 year increments and decided to do 10 years. I hope that doesn't overload the system. Saying bye for now, as I wait to line up in the queue. Wish me luck.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh this is only open to book vaccine, but got one for me and both my girlfriends.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations. Glad you got one.

• Ruthie734
      Ruthie734 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck with your vaccine. I have had both now and I feel safer. I still wear my mask though.

Morning friends!

We sat outside for several hours last night and enjoyed the evening. Several people were out walking, and Patsy had to let everyone know she is in charge of the streets. Luckily we have a very strong tie-out because when the people who had dogs walked by she went nuts.

Did some practice sewing on six-inch stars yesterday. Still need to do more before I start working on the Morris quilt. Luckily I have more than enough scraps to use.

We will go to the quild meeting tonight. I'm looking forward to it. This is only the second meeting they have had in person. I hope people are still wearing masks.

I'm in the process of putting together a Civil War sampler. I'm working with various sources to find blocks that represent battles and people. I'm finding that the idea of CW quilts seems to focus more on the fabric used rather than a style, although scrappy is definitely the strongest descriptor. While the choice of fabric is of very high importance, I want something that a widow or family member might be familiar with or recognize either antebellum or postbellum.

Hope all have a great day!

Rob
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Editing a comment
      Good luck at the meeting. Quilters have no excuse not to make masks. They have enough fabrics and should want to stay safe, assuming they are older members as in my guild with health issues.

• Robbin
      Robbin commented
      Editing a comment
      Rob, this is the 1st time I have posted anything,but have followed your civil war journey. I am working on a quilt for my husband who loved history. We live in Kansas City and he took an interest in the border wars ( including the rivalry between MU and KU 😁 ). My quilt is based on the Order #11 block...a block representing the order to exile residents who could not prove their loyalty to the Union, of 4 counties along the border to help stop guerrilla warfare. I have pieced the front with a Missouri star medallion center, hovering hawk, log cabin and 4 order #11 blocks. The back is pieced with flying geese ( for the North and South) and “a pieced cot quilt” with 2 1/2 squares. Unfortunately, he died before I finished and I haven’t yet made myself get to work on it, I’m getting closer, tho and will post it when I do. Good luck with your sampler. By the way, we also have a basset ( our 5th ) named Wilson, who is also a pirate puppy...AARRGH!

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Robbin,

I'm so sorry to hear that your husband wasn't able to see the quilt you were making. I hope you continue to work on it, if for anything else as a memorial to his interest and to his memory. I have to admit that I wasn't familiar with the Order #11 block, but in looking it up, it looks beautiful, as I bet your finished quilt will be. Good luck with your project, and I hope to see it on the forum soon.

Love the name Wilson! Patsy is our second full-blooded basset, and our third dog. Our first was a basset/lab mix we named Rosebud.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

Rob

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A busy day yest. PT at 10:30; I "graduated". Now I need to be disciplined to do my home exercises -- probably indefinitely. After PT, I drove out to Walmart to pick up 2 Rx's ($235. - first of the year we have to meet a deductible). I had a long list of things I needed, including a fan for my BR. I discovered a light I've been wanting for a long time. It's actually a heat lamp with a clamp. I've been wanting another one for my sewing room, this one to shine on my ironing board. I use another one aimed at my sewing mach. work space. On the way home, I picked up Chick-fil-A chicken strips. I was home by 1:30.

DS#1 in MD called at 2 p.m. We had almost an hour to chat while he walked in his neighborhood. Then I discovered the message on my mach. from my GD about Chad being taken to the ER & having pneumonia. I called her for the latest update before putting him on the prayer chain at church, my Bible study group & posting here.

This a.m. is Bible study on Zoom. Hopefully, I can get to some FMQ on the baby quilt.

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Joy, You accomplished a lot yesterday. Congrats on finishing your pt. I would love some Chick-fil-A! I love their nuggets....actually everything, there!

Good Morning, The Girls did well with the Groomer yesterday. She went on and on about how sweet Sugar was, even when she was plucking her ear hair out. She said Maggie wasn’t as tolerant. I can see that. Maggs doesn’t like to be messed with. She lets me touch her everywhere, but that’s it. I made a quick stop at Dollar Tree while we were in Houston.

It’s supposed to rain today and off and on through the weekend. I guess we won’t make any progress on staining the house for a while.

Jeff is getting his hair cut by my new hairdresser today. I think the last cut I gave him was too much! There is a gift shop next door that sells locally made soy candles that are very nice. I was given one for my birthday and love it. I will be riding along today and do a little shopping for another candle or two.

I did some sewing yesterday...lots of snowballing. The Diagonal Seam Tape is a big help.

I need to start moving. Have a great day everyone. 🧵🪡
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Sugar was appropriately named it sounds like. Glad she was good for the groomer.

Good morning!

It is going to be another beautiful weather day, with a high near 80. Definitely not normal temps for April. They are predicting rain tomorrow.

Yesterday, the big boss announced plans to have us back on campus. His town halls always end with a question and answer session. I think he was a little disappointed that not all employees are as enthusiastic about being back on site as he is. The good news is, they are starting us off slow. Two mandatory days on site per week starting June 3, through the end of July. The other three days are still remote. They haven't decided what happens after July 31. There is a lot of concern about having to work around other people. I am glad I will be fully vaccinated by then.

I'm not sure what is going on with my persnickety little rabbit this morning. She did not eat her carrots overnight. She did, however, eat a lot of greens. I hit the mother load at Fresh Thyme. I gave her a couple of fresh carrots this morning. She turned up her little bunny nose and stared into the kitchen. Maybe she was hoping for some banana or apple. I shared both with her yesterday.

Progress continues on my cross stitch project. I am leaning towards starting a quilt for my Texas sister. It would be for her birthday (in November) or Christmas. I have all the fabric. I made a sample block over the weekend and it turned out fine.

Time for work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was the opposite of Monday. lol, Didn't do a whole lot. Mike did his laundry, stripped his bed, etc. I stayed out of the way. He wanted to go to get hand soap for his bathroom. Thank goodness it was on sale. I picked up two bottles for the kitchen while we were there. We started talking about good places to get hamburgers on the way home (too early to eat dinner), by dinner time, we were hungry for a good hamburger. Naturally, after the list we made earlier, we ended up at the BBQ place for one of their 1849 Burgers. It was delicious and I had corn nuggets for my side. I can't believe, I cleaned my plate. After that, a trip to the car wash and then we were done.

Jim, Morgan and the kids came over for a short visit. Zeke has a hand full of palm tree splinters. Mercy me, I asked him what happened. He went into great detail, even down to 'aproximately 18' splinters in his hand. He has such a vocabulary for a soon to be 5 year old. Jim managed to get a couple out while they were here. We soaked it in epsom salts for a little bit while they were here. They may have to knock him out to get them all out!

Esther asked to paint. I asked if they'd opened what I'd given to Nandy. She said no. Whelp, don't know what happened there. They had Easter cards with Amazon GC in them. I hope they didn't do anything stupid! I got those so they could add books and games to their Kindles.

Today is going to be a this and that day. I'll cut some of the white on white and work on the baby quilt, and alternate that with spring cleaning. I figure if I do one room a day, eventually it will all get done, right?

Time to get started

Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

The last couple of days we've had temps in the 80's. Today it will be cooler and we are supposed to get more rain. We got about a half inch last night. I still had the fleece sheets on the bed and decided to change to the regular sheets. Glad I did. Monday night was very warm in our room and it was threatening rain so no windows open. Again last night but with the cooler sheets it was much more comfortable sleeping.

Yesterday was a day to celebrate!! My granddaughter, Makayla, passed her drivers test! I think my daughter will be asking her to run the youngers around now although she might give it a little more time. We will see. I'm hoping that this will give Makayla a little more confidence since she was able to pass the test on the first try.

I did a little sewing last night, working on one of my UFO's, a fall wall hanging. It is going together quite quickly, I only have a couple more borders to put in but one of them is mitered and I have only done that once so I'm going to take my time to make sure I'm doing it correctly. Then I will need to find a nice backing for it. I'm thinking I should be able to get the top completed tonight.

Laundry is on the list today and since we are supposed to have rain off and on today I think I'll make some ribs in the crock pot.

I did get the paperwork for my knee injections yesterday. It says that I can call in the appeal so I will be doing that today. The letter says that it will take about 7 working days to make the decision on whether or not I "win" my appeal.

Time for some breakfast and to get the laundry going. I have more today since I need to clean the fleece sheets that I removed last night. Hope everyone has an awesome day!
        Carlie

Comment

Good morning,

Amazing how a good nights sleep works to recharge our batteries. I slept almost 10 hours straight last night. Good thing as I was getting cranky with myself! It was probably because I was fasting (my choice) yesterday for the labs. The doctor was able to combine the pre-op and yearly labs into the visit. Easy to make that decision. My appointment was at 3:30 so I was hungry at dinner time. We went to a favorite BBQ place for ribs.

The appointment went well for the pre-op. The GP revealed that he is also a patient of the hand surgeon and will have surgery. Nice to know there is a professional confidence in the surgeon. I've worked medical for 30 years and research our doctors for medical care.

Today is an office day to finish a few tasks on the To-Do list. It should be a quick and easy day. Then to the LQS that has some dies on sale. Hopefully, there are a few left. I'm ordering the m* quilt bag to make a new office bag to carry files. Why not mix pleasure and business if you can?

Prayers of comfort and recovery continue for our members and family.

Comment

Back again, YEAH I got my vaccines booked -- 1st one will be April 16th, 2nd shot Aug 6th. I also booked for my GF Pat as her computer is too old, and called over across the street and got my GF's DH to bring over her health info as we entered in the system. So the 3 travelling buddies will be vaccinated around the same time. This is for the Pfizer or Moderna vax. They offer the Astra Zeneca one at pharmacies, but with possible health risks, opted not to go for that one. It was like command central, I had both laptops in queue -- cell & house phone near, so that we could stay in touch. Another GF was having trouble booking for her & her DH, but they are outside city limits and had to go to nearby village. YEAH -- still not time to let down our guards as the numbers are spiralling out of hand in Ontario, and with the new more virulent variants. Although we went into stricter measures province-wide last week, they are expecting the Premier to impose even stricter measures Today -- possibly further closures including travel out of your immediate area. Monique -- not sure how this will impact travel for your visit with Maizin.

Didn't post Monday or Tuesday -- Monday my son & daughter& family came for a visit -- on the patio at a 6-7' distance. The weather was gorgeous, sunny and warm and this continues right through to the weekend. I got my DS & SIL to move out the heavy cast iron benches and flower pots. Yesterday, DH & I took down the remaining xmas lights in back and on both our 40' blue spruces. Wrapped lights and I carried down the boxes, all stored until next fall. Also washed some winter coats, hats & gloves and stored boots away too. Got a few loads of regular laundry done as well. Folded a garbage bag full of WM & other bags. They end up fitting in a small bag for easy use. I cooked a Butterball box turkey, mashed potatoes & veggies for dinner. I liked it better than the ham I cooked at Easter. I told DH I will not attempt to make his ham recipe again -- he's going to have to do it, like always.

Not much planned today -- but I am itching to do stuff outside, although my allergies are kicking into high gear. I may have to wear a mask to avoid the snow mould and pollen. I keep saying I will get to sewing room, but these nice days -- it's really challenging.

Have a great day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              My allergies haven't kicked in yet, but I expect them to almost any day now. I have used the Neti Pot a few times recently, but I haven't needed the Flonase yet.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Editing a comment
              Joy -- I use HydraSense to flush out especially if I have also been around batting. I will start using Flonase once I start doing yardwork and pollen is in full tilt.

Good Wednesday morning from Wyoming. A gorgeous day. Perfect weather. Yesterday we had a bit of much needed rain mixed with some snow. Has been a busy 2 weeks with hubs gone. (He is in Wisconsin helping to move his parents (92 & 95) to senior housing). I finally got to sew yesterday. Making a tote that will go into the fair. I used foam instead of interfacing or batting. Not sure how I like it, but I am leaving it as is.

Had my walk. Later this morning a friend is coming over and bringing a quilt over so we can get it pinned and use my bigger table. I am not going to quilt it for her. My skills aren't that good yet to FMQ for someone else's quilt. Then my son and I will have our FT afternoon.

Don't judge me, but I am listening to Myron Floren (Lawrence Welk fame) polka music on youtube. Have a great day.

Retha

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              My dad loved to polka. He has been gone over 30 years. I grew up with that kind of music so brings back memories. You and I are same age, well we will be in several days.

• geegeequilts
              geegeequilts commented
              Editing a comment
              I love all kinds of music. Even a little polka now & then won't hurt anybody, lol. Gina

• Retha
              Retha commented
              Editing a comment
              Honestly, it was fun to listen to the music!!! I had it up rather loud--for me and just remembered doing the polka with my dad in my young years!~!

Good morning everyone! I am very tired and sleepy, need more caffeine. I quilted niece's wedding gift quilt until 10 this morning, but it is done. Then I could not get to sleep until 2:30 and was rudely awakened by the alarm clock around 6 this morning. Walked 2 miles with GFs, had breakfast and now back home to sew binding onto quilt. I can see the light. I may actually get it finished. The agenda for today and tomorrow is binding and buy some sandals/shoes to wear to the wedding. Tennis shoes will not work, lol.

Comment

• geegeequilts
              geegeequilts commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe tennis shoes with a little bling bling? Could start a new fashion trend. Gina
          Working...
          X