It's Tuesday right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Tuesday right?

I had to think about that one, LOL!! Not currently working makes me forget which day it is.

Good news, our area has opened up the vaccination age to 60+. I can book appointments starting today. I will try that this morning. The site opens up at 8am, wish me luck.

My MOJO is back. I got back to the wolf quilt for Maizyn. The borders are really different and will be mitered. I have never done one of those before, wish me luck. I sewed most of the day, slow going but sewed nonetheless. I also did more laundry and got it hung outside. I love to hang laundry outside.

Today we will go look at that stove I want. My brother will do the electrical work as I don't have a receptacle. I think we could fit the stove in the Escape and bring it home with us (at least I hope). Also need to do a drug run at the pharmacy and perhaps a wine run, seeing as we will drive past the liquor store on the way, LOL!!

I checked the status of my table that is coming with FedEx. It was in Ottawa yesterday and today is in Barrie, Ont where it originated from, says delivery is today by end of day????????? That is totally messed up, hahaha.

That's it for me, have a great day friends. Be kind, be safe and stay healthy.

UPDATE: We have our appointments this afternoon for our vaccines.
    Last edited by Monique; April 6, 2021, 05:22 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning❣️🌸💕

Oh Monique, sew happy for your Mojo! I love doing mitered borders.....actually....I don’t think I’ve done anything else. Hope you have smooth sailing on yours 🧵. Also hope the stove fits in your Escape 🚗 and you get all your errands done 🍷

No sewing for me yesterday. We got out and did some shopping and errands. We were delayed as some guys were running 5G cable and blocked our drive....it was an interesting, but strange process.....

Not sure about today.....yup, no idea....

Love and hugs to all. Prayers for many. Hope everyone has a blessed and peaceful day 💕🌸💕☀️🌸
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      Anita, did you see the visitor message I sent you?

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      I did see it, and responded......mmmmm....I sent you a pm with a copy of my response.

Hope the stove works out. Delivery has go\ten so expensive I keep making free shipping a priority when shopping on line. I was going to buy some shelf brackets and found exactly what I wanted on line and they were 16 $$ each. I put them in my cart and when I went to check out the shipping was also $16. I left them in my cart and went back to searching. Then I found a video of how to make a floating shelf and showed it to DH and he made me a shelf that afternoon. He is amazingly talented.
    My allergies are killing me this week. Apparently it is pine pollen. Hope it clears up soon.
    DD and her family traveled to Texas to spend spring break with there DD. It was cute seeing the pictures of the whole family siteseeing and taking care of baby brother. Long trip for 7 of them in a car.
    Seems most of the birds have moved on. I wonder why. What is left seem to be the cardinal and the chickadees. I wonder if they are moving northward?
    Things are getting greener by the day here. I was remembering a year ago how I was amazed that the fields got planted about now and in a week they had crops a foot tall. Things grow fast in this delta soil I guess.
    I've been sitting on the porch reading a lot and remembering why we loved this house so very much. Southern breeze, views of the water, peaceful. Now, I see the front steps needing staining and repair . DH replaced the screendoors this week and that was a big improvement. We are debating whether the floor on the screened porch should get stained. Another 500 sq feet on my knees but it would probably be worth it. He is cleaning out all the cracks between the boards little by little. I told him I would help but he said he gets it done 10 minutes at a time.
    Have a great day.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

• TMP
      TMP commented
      Editing a comment
      My allergies are horrible also right now. A green film of pollen is everywhere.

Good Morning...we have to take the Girls to the groomer this morning, so we are up and around. It will be a long day, as the groomer is quite booked up. Maybe we will get lucky and they won’t have to be there too long.

I got one Prairie Flower block made yesterday. They are easy to make.

We ate Easter leftovers for dinner last night so very little cooking. I cleaned most of the windows on the outside, trying to keep up with Jeff as he’s staining the house. He will be ready to do the front of the house soon. Now if the weather will cooperate.

Have a good day everyone. I will check in later. 🌷
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning All,

Jim's done with his vaccine, his was the J&J. He was feeling feverish and achy yesterday afternoon. Mike and I were both right as rain, as the old saying goes. I was tired, but we'd done a lot. Vaccine, lunch at St, Mary's Seafood, Hobby Lobby, Longarmers. Skipped going to Cinnamon's since Hobby Lobby had some pretty white on white fabric.

Fed Ex brought the art boxes I'd bought for the kids from Let's Make Art. I realized they didn't have a palette or brushes, so we picked up those at Hobby Lobby. I found a How to Draw Animals book, and three more masks for them. Of course, they're headed to TX where they won't have to wear mask (unless their mom says so). They'll still need them from here to there and some businesses are requiring them, so the mask game continues.

They'd spent the day with Nana and Nandy, and Nandy brought them by to pick up their Easter cards, water color boxes and masks. I figured I'll be in trouble once Jim realizes what I bought. But all the kids love to paint and water colors are easy to clean up, if he does it when it happens.

Nothing went on in the sewing room yesterday, other than putting the fabric in there. Maybe today, we'll see what happens when Jim calls.

Have a wonderful day. Keep Carol and her family close in your heart sometime today.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        Let us know how they like the art boxes . I have looked at those for my grandchildren and wondered . I hope Jim feels better quickly .

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought the first kid packs they had. The kids always want to paint when they're here. The boxes were on sale, I couldn't resist. It will be interesting to see if they like the liquid colors. I love them, but it's going to have to be a Dad in charge of the materials kind of gift!. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought them back to have over here when they come home.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that you are sharing your live of watercolor with them, Katrina. Kids love to paint. Adults do hate the mess, lol.

Good morning! We had a glorious day yesterday, and today promises to be more of the same.

I got a new prescription yesterday, and I waited til noon to pick it up. On my way, I went to Old Tyme Pottery to look for some cushions for my new deck chairs. I decided my new deck furniture would be cast aluminum only, as I have no place to store it out of the weather, so it must survive being outdoors year round. I have seating and several small tables and have ordered my dining set. I had picked it out in January, but didn’t want to actually purchase it until the snow was no more a threat. By the time I got to purchase, the table I wanted was sold but more on order. Hopefully it will come in as promised and will be delivered mid April. In the mean time, I wanted some cushions for my chairs. Well, I found them, plus some pretty plastic dinnerware, plus some lanterns, plus, plus, plus! Gee I had fun!

Sat out there on the new deck last night watching my local LQS do their Monday night Live Sale-on FB. I had another little side table I had ordered last fall but never had assembled. So I put that together, and it matches really well.

Other than that, I got nothing done! No costume or quilt work done. Today, I will try to match up my costumes that we collected so far with the actors. Think I will do the ladies tonight and the gents on Thursday. This is a bigger show than I am usually costuming, I try not to have more than 10 in a show. This one has about 20 people. For giving me Two weeks to costume it, they will get what I have and be satisfied.

Have a good day!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ We've had record-breaking heat the past few days. Yest. our thermometer hit 92 for the first 90's of this year. The rest of the week will be more seasonal. If we don't get some rain, I'll need to water the lawn.

DS came ~11:30. Before coming, he had to make a run to the hatchery for trout & deliver them to the pond at the farm. There is a pond out there that the kids can fish in. He painted the 2 metal front porch supports for us. A bit tedious. It's scroll work & leaves. It looks great. We ate a late lunch. I made tuna fish sandwiches & we had some fresh strawberries with vanilla ice cream. He left at 3 p.m.

I took it easy the rest of the day. Before DS came, I had time to do 2 loads of laundry, clean the bathroom, & run the vac.

I have my last PT session at 10:30, after which I'll make a run out to Walmart for 2 Rx's & several items I need. This is the first Rx purchase of the year. We have to meet a $400. deductible, so it will be a hit on the purse.

Comment

Good morning!

It is going to be an absolutely beautiful weather day, with a high around 77 and sunny. They are predicting temps in the 70's through the rest of the week. No complaints here! This time of year the temps can be all over the place.

Today is the big meeting at work where our president will announce plans for us to be back on site. Rumor has it we're keeping our current schedule until August 1. I can live with that.

I have made good progress on my cross stitch project. I have pretty much stitched everything I can within the confines of the hoop. I want to work on the backstitching/outlining before I re-hoop the project to finish it.

I made a couple of sample blocks in the sewing room, but don't have a project calling my name. Hancock's has a fabric line on sale that I am doing my best to resist. Fabric diets can be so hard sometimes!

Time for tea and to log in to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            Fabric diets...lol! Too funny and so true.

• geegeequilts
            geegeequilts commented
            Editing a comment
            Fabric diet? Maybe that's why I get twitchy when I pass Joann's without stopping. Gina

Good Morning,

My head is so congested this morning its hard to breath. Nothing from over the counter has ever helped me. Sandy had her allergy shot a couple of weeks ago. She chews on her paws until they are raw if she doesn't . My sister's bull dogs have really severe allergies they take Apoquel and still suffer. Sandy had Apoquel in the past but the vet said lets try a shot this year.

I read that Alabama mask mandate will end Friday and 16 and up can now sign up for the vaccine. I wonder if businesses will still require you to wear one.

Today I will clean and change linens . Did anyone order Jenny's Christmas box? I did. I have heard good things about them.

Please tell me how to fix this " invalid server response" while I am posting.

Teresa
          Last edited by TMP; April 6, 2021, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            I just ordered the Christmas box. I think you have to sign in again.

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            It seems to me our pollen is the worst ever, maybe I just can't remember it being this awful. If you haven't gotten your shot the Blair Pharmacy in Alabaster/ New Weatherly near Joe's Italian has them, I think you need to call and arrange an appt.

• TMP
            TMP commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, Claire I believe I'm going to do that.

Morning friends!

Finished the Green Acres quilt yesterday (I will post it later this morning). Overall I am happy with it. Now I will start on the William Morris quilt after doing some six inch practice stars.

Yesterday was another beautiful day, although I didn't have much chance to do anything other than take Patsy outside. I just can't make myself walk like I need to do. Part of it is my back, but the bulk of it is my inability to do something I don't want to do.

Tonight will be Taco Tuesday for supper. Evidently the local guild is meeting in person, so we will likely go to the meeting Wednesday just for a looksee. Cheryl works with a woman who is a member, and she said you can do a couple of visits to make sure it's something you want to do.

Not much else to report. Hope all have a great day!

Rob
          If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
          Anna Bates
          "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

Good morning everyone!

The weather here has been glorious and we have been busy in the garden. Today will be another lovely day but I need to take a day off. I will be hugging and taking out dad for the first time in over a year to see mama. This is exciting for all of us. It has been that long since they have seen each other in person. It will be heartwarming indeed. I have a grocery order to pick up after that.

Still no sewing here. Still waiting for DH's results and whether or not my work will accomodate me for working from home. It is highly unlikely and I will likely be back to work on site in a couple of weeks. Getting my ducks in a row for that. Wishing now I had spent more time cleaning than quilting this winter 😂. Oh well...the dirt just comes back anyways. Quilts last longer. 😊

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• geegeequilts
              geegeequilts commented
              Editing a comment
              Having your Dad & Mom see & visit will do wonders for everyone's state of mind. Be sure to take pictures for a look back. Gina

• Rhonda K
              Rhonda K commented
              Editing a comment
              Enjoy the visit with your parents. It's a special day and perhaps emotional too. Hugs!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              How wonderful to be able to visit in person. I'm sure it will be good for the heart, soul and health.

Good Morning all,

We got very warm yesterday, upper 80's and then we were supposed to get rain. Looked like it was going to storm like crazy but nothing came of it. No amount of rain registered on our weather gauge.

I did not accomplish anything yesterday. My knees are telling me to take it easy because I hadn't had a chance to put them up all weekend. I will not be getting my injection, insurance won't cover it until I try a different one. That one is a series of 3 injections a weeks apart for each. At the cost of over $300 for 2 and the thought of having those injections I'm not doing it. Also, my doctor said it is not cost effective and will not give me that one. I'm currently waiting for the paperwork telling me my request was denied and then I will appeal. The injections I got last September did not work as well as the ones I was able to get in August of 2019 and February of 2020. They didn't last as long and the pain came back much quicker. I would say with the original injections I was able to get about 3 months of pain free days. With the last I got maybe a month. Not very happy with this insurance and I will be looking to see if I can get something different that will cover this injection and not cost much more than we are already spending. Since I have to go through a special company to get my supplement insurance (because of a benefit from the company I worked for) I may have to stick with what I have. I'm hoping that my appeal is granted so that I can get the injections in the next couple of weeks. Lori and I will be taking a trip to the Black Hills in May and I'd like to be able to move around better than I am now.

Today I'm hoping to get a little housework done and then work on layering quilts. I keep posting that I'm going to layer some quilts and just never get it done. I need to start sticking to my schedule. I also want to go for a walk, at least as much as I can, sometime today. We are supposed to get rain all day so I will need to keep on eye on the weather for an opening.

Hope everyone has a great day. Time for me to get my day going.
            Carlie

Comment

• geegeequilts
              geegeequilts commented
              Editing a comment
              Carlie, I get gel injections for my knees that helps mine for a while. Is yours steroids? Gina

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              Not steroids, but I’m not sure they are gel. The one that works well if synvisc. The last one was minibus and the one they want me to try now is orthovisc. The orthovisc is a series of 3 shots, one every week for 3 weeks. I looked it up and the cost would probably be close to $1,000. My doctor won’t do that one as he said it is cost prohibitive and I agree. Plus who wants to gets shots like that every week. I got the paperwork today so I’m going to appeal. Probably will call it in.

Good morning!

We're going to have another sunny day so we are planning on something on the grill for supper. I need to get my taxes done today. I just kept putting it off till I totally forgot about them. At least the deadline has been extended this year just in case I happen to find another excuse not to do them yet!

Yesterday I got the backing fabric sewn together for GD's quilt. Maybe I'll get that on the longarm today. I haven't decided yet on how I'm going to quilt it or what color thread I'll use. There is a lot of solid white but the rest is every color of the rainbow with touches of silver. Once I get it on the longarm I can lay some thread out on it to audition.

Nothing else going on around here.
            Have a happy day!
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe a variegated thread would look nice? Or perhaps silver ot gray?

• Nwmnteacher
              Nwmnteacher commented
              Editing a comment
              I know federal taxes are pushed back, but how about your state? They can do their own thing.

Morning all,

Another sunny day here, see some of my daffodils are starting to open, a bright spot in the garden.

Not much new going on here. My back has been on the cusp of going out since last Friday and finally went. Not pleasant to say the least, it was pretty painful yesterday. Not quite as bad today. From past experience it will probably be a week before it rights itself. No housework this week, what a shame! LOL
            Going to look through my books and try to find a good one to read to pass the time. Wishing everyone a good day!

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope your back feels better soon Cathy. Ouch! I feel your pain. I think perhaps housework should be avoided for at least two weeks. 😉

• geegeequilts
              geegeequilts commented
              Editing a comment
              Hallmark Cars should make sympathy cards to send to those with various body part issues like back & knees. You are on my list of folks that I pray to have a good day with your back. Gina

• Rhonda K
              Rhonda K commented
              Editing a comment
              Cathy,

I hope your back is feeling better this afternoon. Glad you can rest and housework can certainly wait in my book!

pollenblob.jpg I tried to edit my morning post to add the picture of the pollen. Yep, that yellow blob is pollen coming down the river in front of my house.
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

• grammaterry
              grammaterry commented
              Editing a comment
              The blob has dissolved or gone the way blobs go so hopefully will my allergy. I wipe the yellow stuff up twice a day in the house and off the furniture. I washed the car today so maybe.....

• NoOn49
              NoOn49 commented
              Editing a comment
              Never saw such a site. it does look a 'yellow creature from beyond.'

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              OMG -- wow that's a lot of pollen. Ours is just starting. We just need to check out DH"s car in the morning -- it's brown and the yellow just shows up to tell us how bad a day it will be.
          Working...
          X