Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KarenC
    commented on 's reply
    No fun when remodeling. My kitchen upgrade (at my previous house) took 6 months. In my opinion it should have taken at most one. My GF's DH was the contractor. She and I both worked very hard to keep our friendship separate from my frustrations with him.

• KarenC
    commented on 's reply
    Cute bunny bags. I'll have to see if I can squeeze a few in for DGD and my god child.

• KarenC
    commented on 's reply
    Your quilt is adorable. I get together with a small circle of friends. Masks are always worn when out in public.

• KarenC
    commented on 's reply
    May your new chapter bring you peace and happiness. Sometimes, it's hard but the best in the end.

• KarenC
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the cute tutorial

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    Many years ago, I stitched a complicated Thomas Kinkade cross stitch. Finishing the cross stitches was a milestone, but I was really only halfway done. There were so many detail stitches that they took as long to do as the cross stitches.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    Good evening,
    I'm checking in later again. I had to set the alarm early for the dishwasher delivery between 8 and 10am. Getting up at 7am is early for us. While I waited, I decided it was time to clear out the other half of the garage so we can park both cars in there. DH's SUV is parked outside and with all the snow, I have been clearing it and the driveway. My GF showed up, she walks every day. She stayed and helped me load things high up. There are things DH should have put away in the shed for winter, but were taking up space. But my GF & I are Tasmanian devils when it comes to de-cluttering. IMO a lot of that stuff should/would go. Slowly, I can get rid of things. I drove in his car, backed mine in and put the snow blower between our cars since I need to be able to get it out. I also cleaned off the driveway of another 2" that fell since last night. Yesterday I did the driveway twice, once in the morning about 6" and around dinnertime another 3". I think we are getting more snow tomorrow 10-15cm.

I made a curry bean soup for lunch with cornmeal muffins. It was a new recipe and pretty good. I was going to make Octoberfest sausage, perogies and braised red cabbage for dinner, but he didn't want a big meal -- so again we had cheese, pâté, crackers and veggies. For dessert, I made a strawberry rhubarb crumble, from the freezer. No sewing today -- I was too tired from snow duties. I hope to sew tomorrow. My guild is organizing another Sew Day on Saturday, so I need to sign up for that. I might be tired as I am going for a sleep study on Friday overnight and they kick you out at 6am. Not sure if I will sleep at all. I might just plan to do some easy sewing, nothing requiring too much attention.

Monique - welcome back. Glad you had a nice visit and some R&R with DH. You never know where you will find those FW.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    Your quilt is beautiful. You been so careful for over a year, it would be a shame if you got sick. I would tell him it's a visit socially distanced with masks. We haven't seen DH's son & family since Dec at a distance with masks since they see all her family regularly and there are too many unknown.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    I'm getting closer to also deciding on a design for my KT fabric. I have a layer cake, jelly roll, lots of various yardages and flannel for back. I bought when we visited the store in 2018 -- DH's cousin arranged a surprise stop on the way from Wichita to Beloit. And we got to meet Lynn and her husband. She gave us a tour of the retreat center. The store is filled to the brim with such gorgeous quilts. These were most DH's colors, but I got a new appreciation when I saw the beauties on display.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear about the ending. 'm glad to hear that you are looking forward to the changes. Sometimes, it's just not worth the effort, and especially if it's one sided. I'm certain you will adjust just fine. You are lucky that it is a friendly break-up.

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    No Monique, still waiting to hear!! I'm ending my relationship with my bf and moving out. Long story short we have a long history and past issues have kept our relationship from growing. He has a Narcissist personality..very hard to live with, I know I'm not easy either. It's Amplicable and friendly, best to end like that!

• Bubby
    commented on 's reply
    Adorable!!

• Bubby
    commented on 's reply
    That’s the cutest quilt! I understand your Covid concerns.

• Bubby
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking of the same thing chelea recommended. Fun and simple to do.

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    My niece works the phone & computer to book reservations to those entertainment venues. She said it was busy over the President's Day Weekend. But even locally, at her church, people are not wearing their masks during church or Sunday School. I would think the locals would be more considerate.
Working...
X