It’s Tuesday Tacos anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning,
    Yesterday, I picked up my taxes and did a little shopping. I finished binding Jax's puppy quilt and was going to mail it and a little outfit today, but my son said they might stop by this Sunday on the way to Nashville. I am not sure how I feel about that. I have not seen Jax, but I haven't really been in contact with any one this last year other than my daughter and her family and I make a few quick stops at Publix that is it. Jeff and his wife go and do things out in public. It might be okay if we were outside and mask up ? Who knows what the weather might be Sunday and he hasn't said if they wanted to spend the night or what. I love my son and I so want to see my new grandson. Maybe I am being silly about all this.
    Here is Jax's puppy quilt. I used Moda's Animal Crackers and Grunge for the background.

Have a nice day,
    Teresa

Puppies.JPG
    Last edited by TMP; February 23, 2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s the cutest quilt! I understand your Covid concerns.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Your quilt is beautiful. You been so careful for over a year, it would be a shame if you got sick. I would tell him it's a visit socially distanced with masks. We haven't seen DH's son & family since Dec at a distance with masks since they see all her family regularly and there are too many unknown.

• KarenC
      KarenC commented
      Editing a comment
      Your quilt is adorable. I get together with a small circle of friends. Masks are always worn when out in public.

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
    When you posted about your Around the World "trip" yesterday, I just had to run over to Donna Jordan's place and have a look see. I must say that is really really interesting the way she puts that together. Make me want to give it a try. I can't wait to see yours Jean.
    Now I'm off to find the "Power Cutting" link.
    Some really good tips and advice here - thanks again Jean, for the link

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
      Jean Sewing Machine commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I have so many ideas for another one or two. Just bought fabrics for a St. Patrick’s day one. Thinking I will make it smaller, to be a big lap quilt.

Good Afternoon! I’ve been on here a couple of times reading the posts but then have gotten interrupted by one thing or another. Yesterday was beautiful. Sunny and 42. Today is showing to be just as much. Right now it is 41. I am still working on the chicken and turkey broths. I will cook them down a little more. The house smells wonderful. I did get some cutout made yesterday, just one shot of 12 dozen. I told Dave that it should last several months and he says it won’t because they are his favorite. We will see.

No sewing done yesterday but I may get there today once I get the broths done.

That’s all for now. Have a great day!
    Carlie

Comment

102_0851.JPG
      Wow, there's a dining room table under there! Step 1 in the clean up- done!

I finally took down the Christmas crystals from the light fixture. Don't tell anyone I climbed up on the chair to change them.
      Attached Files
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
        Mimi_Howard commented
        Editing a comment
        Shhhhhhh I won't tell. That is a long table. So I see shamrocks... is there green beer in the fridge?

• jjkaiser
        jjkaiser commented
        Editing a comment
        That is such a pretty table!

I mentioned in earlier post of making bunny bags. Here they be.
      bunny bags.jpeg
      Going to let the little ones draw their on faces on them. As I mentioned earlier I did have to pull out the seam ripper for I had put the dang ears on backwards.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
        Editing a comment
        So cute! I love them!

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Adorable!!

• KarenC
        KarenC commented
        Editing a comment
        Cute bunny bags. I'll have to see if I can squeeze a few in for DGD and my god child.

Hello friends!

I'm busy trying to get caught up on our finances for the last year, in preparation for submitting taxes. It was such a busy year, and I'm so very far behind! But I thought I'd drop by to say hello!

Experiencing a bit of frustration with our contractor. In November, we signed the contract for enclosing our porch to create a sewing room for me. Our contractor went on a hunting trip in December and submitted the application for building permits on January 12. Not sure why he waited so long, but of course we are now on our third round of trying to get the permits approved. I let our contractor know that I have family arriving at the end of April and the room absolutely has to be completed before they get here. He said he's sure he'll be done by then. I sure hope he's right!

I hope everyone is well!
      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
        Editing a comment
        Permits are a pain! Hope it all gets moving for you!I signed a contract for a deck rebuild mid July, it was finally finished the week before Thanksgiving.

• KarenC
        KarenC commented
        Editing a comment
        No fun when remodeling. My kitchen upgrade (at my previous house) took 6 months. In my opinion it should have taken at most one. My GF's DH was the contractor. She and I both worked very hard to keep our friendship separate from my frustrations with him.

Good evening,
      I'm checking in later again. I had to set the alarm early for the dishwasher delivery between 8 and 10am. Getting up at 7am is early for us. While I waited, I decided it was time to clear out the other half of the garage so we can park both cars in there. DH's SUV is parked outside and with all the snow, I have been clearing it and the driveway. My GF showed up, she walks every day. She stayed and helped me load things high up. There are things DH should have put away in the shed for winter, but were taking up space. But my GF & I are Tasmanian devils when it comes to de-cluttering. IMO a lot of that stuff should/would go. Slowly, I can get rid of things. I drove in his car, backed mine in and put the snow blower between our cars since I need to be able to get it out. I also cleaned off the driveway of another 2" that fell since last night. Yesterday I did the driveway twice, once in the morning about 6" and around dinnertime another 3". I think we are getting more snow tomorrow 10-15cm.

I made a curry bean soup for lunch with cornmeal muffins. It was a new recipe and pretty good. I was going to make Octoberfest sausage, perogies and braised red cabbage for dinner, but he didn't want a big meal -- so again we had cheese, pâté, crackers and veggies. For dessert, I made a strawberry rhubarb crumble, from the freezer. No sewing today -- I was too tired from snow duties. I hope to sew tomorrow. My guild is organizing another Sew Day on Saturday, so I need to sign up for that. I might be tired as I am going for a sleep study on Friday overnight and they kick you out at 6am. Not sure if I will sleep at all. I might just plan to do some easy sewing, nothing requiring too much attention.

Monique - welcome back. Glad you had a nice visit and some R&R with DH. You never know where you will find those FW.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
      X