Boy, shipping is really SNAFU'D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, shipping is really SNAFU'D

I have five orders (two of which aren't fabric or quilting-related) and they either are being routed through Texas or something, because what should have been here Friday doesn't even show a date of possible arrival. One of the items I'm waiting for are my test strips to check my blood sugar. I order about 300 or 400 at a time (I use Contour Next and found a place that has them really inexpensive). I'm on my last bottle, which should last me about four more days, so it better get here soon. Two of the items are actually coming from Texas, so I figured they would be late, but the others are coming from Arizona, Pennsylvania, and North Dakota. While I understand and appreciate the situation, we can land a rover on Mars successfully without breaking one thing, yet we can't seem to create a sensible shipping infrastructure that doesn't make one scratch the head.😕

Rob
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

My last order from FQS (Austin, Tx) took ten days to get here from ship date and two weeks to fill the order. This was about 3 weeks ago before the current weather problems down there. I haven't ordered from MSQC for awhile so idk if orders from there are shipping slower than usual. It's a crapshoot though and if you are able to track the pkg to the cities it gets checked into and out of it's a wonder anything arrives where it's supposed to.Hope you get your test strips on Monday.

Comment

I'm expecting a quilt from MSQC which was supposed to arrive via FedEx on Friday. There's no new tracking info so how long it will take is anyone's guess.
      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I guess we're all in the grin and bear it phase. I have several orders with no fulfilled information at all. So, I feel your pain!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I ordered some things from a Live FBsale from a more or less LQS. 24 miles away. It took 22 days the get to me. Things are REALLY MESSED UP!

Comment

I was watching some of the destash sale last night on you tube and they mentioned the delay. They found out when their shipments leave (they are in Las Vegas) it is first routed to Texas and then sent on. Said with snow storm and such, some drivers abondoned their trucks. So there is one snafu for sure. According to tracking on one of my orders from a company back east, a have a package that has been sitting in North Carolina for over a week.

Comment

I have one sitting at Fedex 30 miles from me for the past 2 weeks......
              TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Shipping is definitely a problem these days. The weather, COVID, and vaccine shipments are making it hard to get packages in a timely manner. I have a fish shipment coming from Alaska that has taken over twice as long as usual to get here, and it’s not here yet. I’m not looking forward to opening that box!

Comment

FedEx has its main hub in Memphis which just experienced a major (for them) weather event, which also slowed down nation-wide Covid-19 vaccine distribution. So anything moving through them is going to be later than expected.

Comment

There was an article yesterday about truckers being stranded at truck stops. The restaurants were running out of food and couldn't get any more in, since the roads were closed.

Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Texas isn’t the only place to have weather issues. Here in Tennessee we had ice and snow. More snow than I have seen in years. We are not equipped with a lot of snow removal equipment. Mail only got delivered twice this week due to icy roads. It has started melting yesterday. And we should see 60 degrees by Wednesday. So life will get back to normal soon.

Comment

I will agree that the shipping routes and times don't seem to make sense. And yet, I ordered from an Etsy seller in Canada a couple weeks ago, and my order was received in 3 days from order to delivery! But something from much closer to me takes the scenic route and arrives much later. Most of the time it's not an issue to wait, unless it's medication. Then it can be a problem even if we order early. It's hard to know how to plan those orders.

Comment

On Feb. 11th there was a terrible pileup on the interstate in Fort Worth (133 vehicles) which from some of the pics I saw, involved at least two FedEx trucks. Who knows how many packages could have been involved in that, and what delays resulted. This time of year especially, I just set my mindset to expect delays on any packages.

Comment

there has been many FedEx trucks in terrible photos of highway crashes!! hopefully your packages are not on those. lost or late at least. Good luck. try your local Pharmacy if necessary.

Comment

I think I mentioned in Friday's post, I received a package from Kohl's last week that was shipped December 2! The package was considered lost and Kohl's replaced the items. Kohl's is letting me keep the duplicates. If I remember right, it was lost in Kansas.

Comment

Working...
                              X