Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KPH
    commented on 's reply
    I used Jerry's Jelly Roll Jig. It's shaped like a bias tape maker just bigger. It comes with two plastic strips you put on each side - the fabric side and the batting side. You feed it through just like for bias tape. Once you get it started, fold it in half and start stitching. No clips, no pressing, no fuss. I stitched in groups of ten taking long breaks between each set.

They said on the videos on how to use it, not to pull out too far, but I thought pulling it out further helped keep the strips straighter. I do have the platform that Howard made for my sewing machine that's the length of my hand before you get to the machine bed, which might be why it was easier to do it that way.

• Nwmnteacher
    commented on 's reply
    My 12 yr old DGD and I do Diamond Dotz paintings together. I find it very relaxing.

• Rhonda K
    commented on 's reply
    Those are so pretty.

• Rhonda K
    commented on 's reply
    Hello & Welcome back!

• MaggieSue
    replied
    Katrina, beautiful!!! Tell me about the jig you used?

Leave a comment:

• ktdid
    commented on 's reply
    I have to get in gear and post my grandmas postage stamp, blocks in various stages they are 1/2" squares !!

• Cathy F
    commented on 's reply
    Love those vivid colors, can't wait to see it done!

• Jean Sewing Machine
    commented on 's reply
    These colors are so beautiful!

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome back, Miss Sheri!

• KPH
    replied
    102_0847.JPG

Well, there are the 4 sets of strips ready to cut into squares.

I chose the jelly roll to go with my art in the kitchen...

102_0848.JPG

Howard and I found this photo in an art shop on the Blue Ridge Parkway after Mom passed.

102_0849.JPG

Howard's favorite color was red. I loved the poppies and it really brightens up the garage side of the kitchen.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    commented on 's reply
    Oh the news just said the engine exploded over Broomfield where I did live. I'm sure the citizens there could have done without this excitement but one can say "It's just another day". yep, we go on!! I must call my friend there.

• Bubby
    replied
    Retha...so glad to hear you are feeling better! Take care and don’t do too much too soon.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Sheri
    replied
    Hello friends,
    I have been ‘away’ from the forum for few years due to too much of life happening too fast. All is well. I have said final goodbyes to both of my parents and a few others. I have hosted my MIL in my home for a couple years, but she is now well enough to be on her own again. I even became a first time grandma! I have been so happy to see familiar names here still! I’ve spent this morning helping a friend with quilting lingo, learning how to use a rotary cutter, and deciphering a simple quilt pattern. It was a joy! Relating to her how I had begun my quilting journey with Jenny Doan and the MSQC family was fun and brought me back here to the forum. I’ve managed to do only a few quilts in the past 4-5 years since I was on here regularly, but I have so many planned as time permits. I just feel so happy to check in with all of you. You have made my life sweeter in many ways.
    Hugs!
    Miss Sheri

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    replied
    Went grocery shopping this morning early. got water, no milk. also just read news of plane's engine falling apart near Denver (my sister said they mentioned the city i lived in). maybe it was. Watch out for plane debris.... weather is much better today. the traffic was wonderful. for a moment there i thought I was in Colorado again. I could drive and breath instead of gritting my teeth all the time. (())

Leave a comment:

• Rob the HOAQ
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Rachel, that's very kind of you!

Rob
Working...
X