No announcement yet.

Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!! Well, the sun is out finally and snow is melting. Had a bit of rain last night that helped it along. Woke to 28 degrees so I’m waiting for it to warm up a bit more before I head outside to check my plants and uncover them.

Cleaned the sewing room yesterday after finishing another small project. I am thinking of doing another small block sampler like the Sylvia Bridal Sampler I shared in my trunk show. This one is 100 blocks called Harriet’s Journey....I may not do all 100 blocks and I think I’ll design my own setting instead of just rows and sashing. I received the pattern book yesterday and made one of the blocks to test pattern. It’s well-written....then I made one of the applique blocks cuz it was just so cute. I quilted it and made a mini quilt to hang on my 6” stand. I have to think about the fabric for this if I decide to go for it,

Doing laundry and watering inside plants but, other than that, just chillin for the day...

keep safe and have a great day...
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      A well written pattern is worth its weight in ......gold....well maybe not gold, but fabric!
      I’m kinda over the quilt I’m currently making....the worse written pattern. I’ve found soooo many mistakes. One so bad, I had to contact the pattern writer to know which cut to do.....written with 2 sized pieces, interchanged . I could have played with it, but I don’t have much fabric for wiggle room.
      Sigh....I’ll finish it, but the joy’s been zapped!
      So good to hear of well written patterns!
      Last edited by Star lover; February 21, 2021, 03:28 PM.

Happy Afternoon to all,

I woke up feeling great after finally sleeping through the night like the dead. After hubby had his coffee I wondered aloud about going to the quilt shop today...the sun was shining and we're not expecting bad weather. He said yes and you should have seen how fast I scooped up my purse and coat! I dropped off another quilt that had been a UFO for a couple of years. So that's checked off my get it done this year list. Hubby is of course an enabler, so I picked out several fabrics with a sea creature/ocean theme for a quilt. I think I have about 30 fabrics all total now. I even found some Jason Yenter (?) fabrics, one is for borders, and a pattern book so I can get lost this afternoon.

Now it's time to fill up my coffee mug and plan some future UFO's. Have a wonderful weekend.

Barbara

Comment

Hello everyone, happy Saturday! Sounds like many got good rest last night - always something to be thankful for. I slept in this morning, then spent a couple of hours writing some comments for my dear friend's memorial service on Monday. I'm so thankful her daughter asked me to do that. I emailed it off to her a little while ago. Nothing on my agenda for today. The sun is playing peek-a-boo and pops out once in a while, but it's very cold. DH is attending a ham radio event today so I have the house to myself...although I'll probably just do the usual Saturday stuff I'd do if he was here - lol. It's nice that he's feeling well enough to do some "normal" things again. He's been so excited about it. Not sure when he'll be home. Off to get another cup of coffee and something to eat - I started writing right after I got up and just realized I haven't eaten today, and it's almost 2 o'clock! Have a happy Saturday, everyone.

Comment

Went grocery shopping this morning early. got water, no milk. also just read news of plane's engine falling apart near Denver (my sister said they mentioned the city i lived in). maybe it was. Watch out for plane debris.... weather is much better today. the traffic was wonderful. for a moment there i thought I was in Colorado again. I could drive and breath instead of gritting my teeth all the time. (())

Comment

• nativetexan
          nativetexan commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh the news just said the engine exploded over Broomfield where I did live. I'm sure the citizens there could have done without this excitement but one can say "It's just another day". yep, we go on!! I must call my friend there.

Hello friends,
        I have been ‘away’ from the forum for few years due to too much of life happening too fast. All is well. I have said final goodbyes to both of my parents and a few others. I have hosted my MIL in my home for a couple years, but she is now well enough to be on her own again. I even became a first time grandma! I have been so happy to see familiar names here still! I’ve spent this morning helping a friend with quilting lingo, learning how to use a rotary cutter, and deciphering a simple quilt pattern. It was a joy! Relating to her how I had begun my quilting journey with Jenny Doan and the MSQC family was fun and brought me back here to the forum. I’ve managed to do only a few quilts in the past 4-5 years since I was on here regularly, but I have so many planned as time permits. I just feel so happy to check in with all of you. You have made my life sweeter in many ways.
        Hugs!
        Miss Sheri
        sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

• MSN
          MSN commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome back, Miss Sheri!

• Rhonda K
          Rhonda K commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello & Welcome back!

Retha...so glad to hear you are feeling better! Take care and don’t do too much too soon.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

102_0847.JPG

Well, there are the 4 sets of strips ready to cut into squares.

I chose the jelly roll to go with my art in the kitchen...

102_0848.JPG

Howard and I found this photo in an art shop on the Blue Ridge Parkway after Mom passed.

102_0849.JPG

Howard's favorite color was red. I loved the poppies and it really brightens up the garage side of the kitchen.
          Attached Files
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
            Jean Sewing Machine commented
            Editing a comment
            These colors are so beautiful!

• Cathy F
            Cathy F commented
            Editing a comment
            Love those vivid colors, can't wait to see it done!

• Rhonda K
            Rhonda K commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are so pretty.

Katrina, beautiful!!! Tell me about the jig you used?

Comment

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            I used Jerry's Jelly Roll Jig. It's shaped like a bias tape maker just bigger. It comes with two plastic strips you put on each side - the fabric side and the batting side. You feed it through just like for bias tape. Once you get it started, fold it in half and start stitching. No clips, no pressing, no fuss. I stitched in groups of ten taking long breaks between each set.

They said on the videos on how to use it, not to pull out too far, but I thought pulling it out further helped keep the strips straighter. I do have the platform that Howard made for my sewing machine that's the length of my hand before you get to the machine bed, which might be why it was easier to do it that way.
        Working...
        X