IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Do you hear me shouting? LOL!! I will be most happy when 5 o'clock rolls around. While the week has been great, I am finding it hard to work 5 days a week. Last night I ordered take out from a local place just down the road. Hubby wanted lasagna and I ordered the pizzaghetti. We had more than enough that we each shared our meals and a little left over for hubby today.

As you know, after work we are headed to Trenton. I made a pot of cauliflower soup to take with me. Son's favorite meal is shepherd's pie and scalloped potatoes so I will show his girlfriend how to make those for him while I am there. Oldest son is bringing salmon I think. I am looking forward to see my girl too.

Suzanne has me wanting to go to a Value Village so we might stop on the way home on Sunday. I think there is one in Belleville. I will check and see.

And so that is what my day and weekend look like. I hope those affected by the storms stay safe and warm.

Blessings to all.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Morning friends!

Went to sleep at 11:30 and woke up at 1:30 and haven't been able to get back to sleep. I didn't nap during the day, so I have no idea why I can't get back to sleep. I've watched two quilt videos and scads of basset hound videos, but nothing will help me get back to sleep. Probably around 8a.m. I will doze off, but by 9:30 or so Patsy will insist on going outside to potty, so I might as well accept that I am up.

Got more done on the Dash quilt. It's ready for borders. I will put a two-inch and then a 4-inch around it. Hope to get it done today. I already know what I want to tackle next. Speaking of the Dash quilt, when I sewed the point blocks onto the Churn Dash, all but one corner matched up. I almost said to heck with it and move forward, but I decided that I had put too much work into getting things to match to let it look like it did.

So, I pulled apart the corner (finding in the process that I had missed a seam on the point block), remade the block, and trimmed about 1/4 inch off the strip blocks. I figured I would screw it up worse than it originally was, but taking my time and not giving up proved successful as now all four corners generally match up. If I get the borders on straight, this will be the best work I've done so far, so I think I will send it in to M* to be quilted!

With Friday here I need to think about getting a few groceries and some other things. Patsy is running low on her eye drops, so I need to get that prescription refilled, plus I need to get a snafu straightened out with one of my insulin prescriptions.

Nothing major planned for the weekend other than working on the quilts. Cheryl hasn't done much this week on the DWR, so I'm sure she will work on it as June is rapidly approaching. Got the final piece of fabric for my nephew's plane quilt, and all the fabric is here for my dad's quilt, so those can eventually get going. Also need to revisit the basset quilt to see how time and distance has affected my vision of it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Generally speaking you're right that the light isn't good for sleeping, but sometimes watching videos helps me to relax, especially basset hound videos. Didn't work last night though.

I got used to working on little sleep, Barb. When I started out as a reporter I worked for a weekly newspaper. We printed on Wednesday, but usually we were up all night getting the paper out. One week I went to work at 8 a.m. on a Tuesday and didn't get home until 11 a.m. on Thursday. I slept four hours and had to get up to cover a basketball game. Of course, I was young and stupid then. Now I'm just old and stupid.😂

Rob

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Rob ~ You're not the only one with sleep problems. My DH is worn out & goes to bed at 6 p.m. He often wakes up anywhere between 10:30 & 1 a.m. & can't go back to sleep. He listens to the radio to get him through the rest of the night. He gets up at 4 a.m. Have you checked your meds. to see if any of them have a side effect of insomnia? I think poor sleep is more common the older we get. Another thought: are you on the computer or other electronic device prior to bedtime? I understand that can affect sleep. Do you ever sleep with the background white noise of a sound spa? That might be an option. I've used one for years. I also wear ear plugs. Sweet dreams.

• ktdid
      ktdid commented
      Editing a comment
      Geeze...I'm usually always up between 1:30 - 2:30 am every day!! It's just my daily routine. I almost never go back to bed.

Good Morning All,

Yesterday, was a beautiful day. It was great getting out to shop for the Women's Center Baby Shower. I called the church secretary and asked if we could drop off the stuff I bought. It would be easier to drop off from the trunk than hauling it all in, then hauling it into someone else's car and then into the church. That's what we did. That felt really good. I haven't been baby shopping in ages. I picked up diapers, wipes, onesies, socks, baby wash, hooded towels, bibs and diaper cream. I went a little nuts. I think Mike thinks I went over board, maybe I did, but it sure felt good.

Jim and Morgan's bunch will be heading back next week, with Lucy. They've decided to try to train the kids and Lucy. I asked if they'd checked with Pet Smart, they're planning on something online. I hope that works.

Jonathan decided to blow into the bag with pencil shavings, blowing stuff into his eyes. So they had an emergency visit to a pediatric optomotrist. They didn't see anything and he suggested some drops. Hopefully, nothing's stuck in there where they couldn't see.

Mike's going back to work, the worst of the storms they were calling for yesterday finally arrived this morning. The skies were purple when I got up. Looks like we'll be having lighter rain for the rest of the morning and the temps are supposed to be dropping through out the day. Good day to work on the baby quilt I ignored yesterday and clean up the sewing room. I have another project ready to start, but I'm not sure if it would be wise to start it before the kids come. We'll see how much I get done today.

Have a wonderful day! Stay dry and warm!

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Prayers, please, for my 90 y.o. cousin George in NY who is having surgery today for that large hiatal hernia to put his stomach back in place. They inserted an IV port for extra nutrition. He will be allowed only liquids for a while. Please pray for a successful surgery & good healing.

Prayers answered. DGD in TX got their power restored yest. & are back home. I don't know how much clean up may be involved. I haven't heard if they lost all the food in their frig/freezer. The power was off 4 days. Many who have power & heat again are dealing with burst water pipes & flooding. Many cities are under a boil the water mandate. Store shelves are sparse; some stores are closed or having limited hours.

No more time now.

Comment

• Rhonda K
        Rhonda K commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy, Prayers for your cousin as he undergoes surgery. May he have an easy recovery. Thankful that the power is back on for your DGD. The situation must be scary for them.

• ktdid
        ktdid commented
        Editing a comment
        Prayers are sent Joy! I know your DGD's pain I went 5 days in a ice storm here in Oklahoma several years ago!

Good morning friends! Another cold day, but I see the sun, and the temps are trending upward. First day in the 20s in a week! Never thought I’d be happy to see 21 on the thermometer!

I worked all day on sewing those little hearts down on my Hearts and Gizzards quilt! Five plus hours! 160 hearts! Jenny downplays that part of making this quilt pattern, but believe me, it will be the most time consuming part! But the blocks are all finished and ready to be put together. Hope I like it after those hours of stitching

I have a bit of cleaning to do this morning before I can sew. The “bug man” is coming today. I have a maintenance contract with the local company, since I moved here 15 years ago. Same guy has been my technician for the entire time. This guy is a hoot, we’re like family now, we chat while he does his spraying. The only human contact it seems like I have these days is with maintenance personnel! An aside, this guy’s last name is Roach, self fulfilling prophecy on what his career path would be? He said he was teased a lot as a kid about it! I clear the decks for the bug guy, he’s like a mother in law that you clean the house for before a visit!

I dug out a few more almost finished projects to work on once Hearts and Gizzards is finished. I have a big Missouri Star quilt to finish. It will be like the one Jenny stands in front of in her promo videos. I have fabric from Missouri Star for borders, so all that needs to be done is to put the blocks together, border and quilt it. It keeps getting shoved to the back of the pile for some reason. I have several Star block quilts in progress, and somewhere stashed away safely is a disappearing 4 patch star with the 4 patches all made, the HSTs for the star points all made and squared up. I even found the BLOCK magazine with the tutorial in it. But the tub is stashed somewhere and my eyes haven’t been able to find it. It will turn up, I know it will!

All in a day’s work! Or play! Hope you have a good day of work or play!

Comment

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        I ordered the materials to make another Good Night Irene this morning. I've got to get OFF of this computer! lol Looking forward to that. I loved the pattern, and made one for Howard. This one will be for me... I guess.

• Jean Sewing Machine
        Jean Sewing Machine commented
        Editing a comment
        Katrina I just found a pattern in one of my stash boxes for Good Night Irene, aka D9P. One of my favorite patterns!

You all have such full lives. I am breaking commandments by being envious.I needed to make 11 more squares for the quilt I'm putting together and that was going to mean finding 99 pieces from my 3" scrap box . I did that. But, my mind just isnm't working right. That amound only made 5 1/2 squares.. I felt pretty stupid so back to the scrap box and found 99 more pieces and got them put together. Today I will turn them into the pinwheels and add them to the quilt. I DO hope they match colorwise and don't stand out because they are different prints and such. I guess we'll just have to see. Its literally a free quilt so I'll live with it. Sure does have a lot of pieces. But, as scrap boxes go...there are plenty more where those came from.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

Good morning all. Friday is here and I think I may actually get into the sewing room. I've been wanting to het there all week. But, I am happy that we did get a lot of things accomplished like getting all of hubby's Santa's finally put away. We don't usually put them all out but this Christmas we both just really felt we needed to see them this year. There were quite a few that hadn't been out of their bins in a number of years and we had missed them.

We also went out and picked a new washer. It will hopefully be delivered tomorrow.

Not much else new here. Have a good day everyone. I hope all who are dealing with the effects of those severe storms get some relief soon. Be well. Stay safe.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't feel so bad now....I just took down the Christmas tree and decorations this week!!

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha! We still have our tree up & have been enjoying it every day. It has a lot of white ornaments & the red bows, so it was perfect for Valentine's Day. One of these days I'll get it put
          away. I plan to leave it decorated, move it to the bsmt. & cover it.

Good Morning to all. My 2nd outting yesterday only need 2 U-turns to finally reach the atty office. Still having that "donut" craving I was able to compromise, drove thru El Pollo Loco for a chicken bowl and an order of "churros". Rest of the day was pretty much a slug bug day.

I plan on spending time in my sewing room today. I received the bolt of white fabric the other day, so no excuses on background fabric now and those kitchen curtains are not going to sew themselves.

Hope those struggling with the wrath of the excessive winter storms gets relief soon. ​​​​

Comment

Good Morning all,

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty nice day, got to around 12 degrees. This morning is 5 but we are supposed to get some very warm weather coming in the next few days. They are saying highs in the middle 30's on Monday and Tuesday.

I was able to get to the Tabitha meeting yesterday. Between two of us we were able to get most of a quilt top pieced together. I brought another tote home with me to sort out and organize the fabrics. I still need to quilt the "manly" quilt. We will be meeting again in 2 weeks.

Today I am planning on defrosting our other freezer. This one will probably take a little longer but it shouldn't be too bad. I'm planning on spaghetti for supper tonight and I think I'll make one of the butter braids my granddaughter sold to me. The four cheese and herb. My daughter tells me it is great with spaghetti. It will take some time to get done as it has to thaw and rise but it should be done by supper.

Nothing else planned to do around the house so I'm hoping to get some more quilting done.

Joy, prayers for your cousin and prayers of thanks that your granddaughter has her power back. I have a cousin in Texas but she is one of the lucky ones, so far, that still has her power.

Requesting prayers for a classmate of mine. She is having open heart surgery to replace the aortic valve. She should actually be in surgery about now.

Off now to start the rest of my day. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
          Carlie

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
            Nwmnteacher commented
            Editing a comment
            Prayers for your friend's surgery, and the doctors' wisdom.

Good morning!

We have temps in the 20's again today. I am looking forward to some warmer temps next week -- we may see the 30's and maybe even a day in the low 40's!

The snow removal guys came last night and cleared out the driveway again. That made taking out the trash can a lot easier. Trash day is delayed a day due to the storms. I took the can out this morning. I had to put it in the apron of my driveway; I'm hoping it gets collected before I need to go to the store. My driveway is narrow and with the snow banks built up from the snow removal I don't have room to maneuver around it. My sister got stuck pulling out of her drive yesterday and had to dig her car out. I got a little stuck pulling into mine after our visit with Mom. Fortunately, my four wheel drive and traction control kicked in and I was able to get through. I didn't think the city snow was that deep. ("City snow" is what we call the snow thrown in our driveways when the city plows the street.)

We had a good visit with Mom yesterday. She had been to the hairdresser again and looked pretty. She was snoozing in her wheelchair when we came in. They let us hug her when it was time to say goodbye!!! We haven't been able to touch her for almost a year.

My lost order from Kohl's arrived a couple of days ago. It was ordered at the end of November and shipped on December 2. Kohl's replaced the items at the end of December. I contacted them yesterday and they said to keep the duplicates. My sister is now the proud owner of another set of slippers. I'm not sure what to do with the extra sweater for Mom. I might try to embroider some daisies on it with my embroidery machine. Daisies are Mom's favorite flower.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning. It’s 10 degrees this morning, a warming trend for us. It may get to 30 this afternoon.

I have had a slug of a week. I can’t say I accomplished anything other than daily chores. My head isn’t in the right place to sew right now. I need to pick up a prescription today if we can get to the highway.

Sugar had to be bathed yesterday. She has skin and allergy issues that we have to treat. Maggie has no issues other than overeating.

I will check back later to see how everyone is doing.

Sending wishes for a good day your way.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              Barb ~ Could you be having some "brain fog" from your COVID vaccine? I understand this is a common problem after having the virus.

Prayers sent

Hi friends
            Am pleased to hear some places are having power restored, am sorry to hear for the damaged by broken water pipes.

we have wind and rain today, we doubt will see sun today.
            Its a duvet day, after another carpet lifting effort yesterday, had a bit of a clean out too.
            Awoke today feeling drained,
            did manage to put some washing on before it rained, 😊
            Have a great day
            Hugs
            T

Comment

Good morning everyone. Well this is a week I don't want to have to repeat. We southerners in TX are not prepared for multiple days of hard freezes. However, I thank my dad every day for the things I learned from him while he was here on this earth. I know he is watching over me. I have been very blessed all week to still have power and water. I have taught several friends how to shut off their water and drain pipes to help prevent busted pipes.

Since I have had friends and elderlies staying here through yesterday there has been no activity in the sewing room. Maybe I can get in there by Sunday. Meanwhile, I will enjoy all of your projects.

Prayers for all of those in need.

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
                Mimi_Howard commented
                Editing a comment
                When I got my drivers license, I was not allowed to drive alone until I learned where and how to check all fluids in the car, check tire pressure and putting air in them, jump a dead battery and change a tire. Thank you dad!

Snow again this morning. So I'll be out clearing the driveway and walkway in a bit. It doesn't look like the sun wants to shine today so no help there.
              The cameras were installed yesterday and they work quite well. I can finally see my driveway from inside the house! And they give a very clear picture at night, too. We can view through the cameras from the tv, iPads, and phones. One camera with the driveway view and out to the one street, one at the front door that looks out to the other street, and one to view most of the back yard.
              Our Molly dog is back at the vet again today for another 13 hours of treatment for her kidneys-- IV fluids. She felt much better last night after her treatment. The vet gave her an appetite stimulant and Molly ate some chicken when she got home. She won't eat anything at the vet's office. The vet wants Molly to get this treatment two or three times a week. Mike is going to talk to the vet this afternoon and make a decision about how far he wants to go with this. For her to have to spend two or three days each week at the vet---is that a good life? We don't even know what long-term effect this would have for her, if it will give her a longer life. She's such a loving girl, always happy, and her tail never stops wagging! Thanks to those who gave us good wishes for her yesterday!
              OK, I gotta get out and shovel some snow!
              Have a happy day!
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                Momofmonsters5 commented
                Editing a comment
                Awe I didn't see about Molly. I hope everything turns out. 3 times a week at the vet seems like a lot.

• Rhonda K
                Rhonda K commented
                Editing a comment
                Sending best wishes for Molly today. I hope she is doing better with the treatment.

• Ruthie734
                Ruthie734 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m so sorry your doggie is sick. I hope these treatments help her soon. I purchased 2 Ring doorbells. My son set them up for me and they help me see what’s going on front and back. I love them.

Good morning,

Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me? Take your pick...brew or pod. The pod machine broke a while ago and I replaced with a brew pot. We still had lots of the little cups left as I buy them in bulk. This is DH favorite method of coffee. Quick and easy for him to manage. Yesterday, I bought him a new pod one. It's a slim model so doesn't take up as much room. Both machines are set up as a coffee bar at the end of the kitchen. Cream or Sugar? Help yourself!

There is little sewing going on right now. I think the machine needle is getting rusty. Perhaps there will be time this weekend. I would like to start with some machine embroidery projects too. They are always fun and can be mindless. Just change the threads and push a button. It's like watching paint dry.

We still need to change out the lights in the garage. The bulbs are 8' long so it's a chore to buy them and get them home even with a pick up. This time it will be all 8 bulbs changed out instead of waiting until one goes out.

Have a great day!

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
                Rob the HOAQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Funny you should mention that. I drink so little coffee that a 12-pack of K cups lasts me for months. After taking Patsy out yesterday I decided I wanted a cup. We have a Flexbrew that does either the K cup or the pot. I set up the K cup and went into my office. After a time I went to the machine and there was only about an inch or so in the cup. The machine was flashing "needle." I looked it up on YouTube, saw how to clean the needle, and it worked just fine. I was afraid we were going to have to buy a new machine. Cheryl drinks coffee every morning.

Rob
            Working...
            X